Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Liverpool League Cup 2nd Leg. 27/01/15 7.45pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

could the FA ban costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Teebow did a good impression of De Gea over the two legs, would take him as backup for Victory Valdez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

jebus84 wrote: »
    could the FA ban costa?

Hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

If Costa doesn't see at least a four game ban retrospectively it's a joke, that said he is useless so they might end miss him.
    2132149458_1ba7c571c2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jebus84 wrote: »
    could the FA ban costa?

All depends if the ref says he seen it in his match report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kudos to pool though, being honest there was very little between them. If pool had sturridge fit a different outcome is very likely.

Top 4 is well in their ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

2132149458_1ba7c571c2.jpg

Shake harder boy !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

is the interviewer going to ask him about the stamps ?? nah ??

edit : oh wait he did, haha mourinho wasnt going to speak about these things, but now he talks about them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surprisingly decent stuff from Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Costa really is the most chelsea of chelsea players.

• Advertisement

A manager isnt going to come out against his player. :confused:

Theyll always avoid it.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Costa really is the most chelsea of chelsea players.

A winner? Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

We should beaten them over the two legs but like always we didn't take our chances over the two legs and they came back to haunt us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

yes mourinho let's not talk about the two stamps and the rake on gerrard's face, let's just sweep it under the carpet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

"We all love Diego Costa". Er; no we don't Jamie.

donfers wrote: »
    yes mourinho let's not talk about the two stamps and the rake on gerrard's face, let's just sweep it under the carpet

And give the papers ammunition?

If he says it was nothing theyll wrote something so better off not saying anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Mourinho doesn't want to talk about decisions but he seems happy to talk about Costa and the non penalty.

In fairness, what do you expect him to say.

I hate Sky interviewers, always looking for the headline quote. Tabloid TV nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nib wrote: »
    Costa 17 league goals
    Sterling 4 league goals

What does that make Sterling?

A winger.

I think we should all calm down. Liverpool more than held there own against top of the league so things are looking up. Fair play to Chelsea for getting through. Hazard does annoy me though and that's not just me being bitter.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A winner? Agreed

interpret it as you will Gav, but You know hes........unsavoury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

doc_17 wrote: »
    Mourinho doesn't want to talk about decisions but he seems happy to talk about Costa and the non penalty.

Dead right he doesn't like the probing of one incident when he knows a question about a possible 2nd yellow for Lucas or Henderson or a possible penalty isn't coming, may aswell tell them to f**k off basically as these Sky interviewers are so predictable!!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    interpret it as you will Gav, but You know hes........unsavoury.

Hes been like that in spain. Didnt expect or want him to change as long as he channels it correctly.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think we should all calm down. Liverpool more than held there own against top of the league so things are looking up. Fair play to Chelsea for getting through. Hazard does annoy me though and that's not just me being bitter.

Hope he is ok that scream hunted me I thought the poor chap broke his leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seeing a couple more replays I think it was a penalty although the argument will always be that Costa should not have been on the pitch. If there was any doubt about the first one the second one sealed the deal and I think the FA will deal with that and he will be sitting out a few games. I like his aggression but he way oversteps the mark when it's put up to him at times. I think Henderson should have gone also to be honest in the latter stages and Lucas walked a tightrope.

Overall Chelsea were the better side tonight, probably very even over the two legs. If only Liverpool had a striker.

All I can do is laugh at your posts thanks for keeping me entertained

ok

what do you think was funny enough to make you laugh

Hes been like that in spain. Didnt expect or want him to change as long as he channels it correctly.

But he didn't channel it correctly, not by a long way. Hopefully he'll get a lengthy ban. If Suarez had behaved like Costa did tonight he would be publically hanged

ok

How much you have one those blue tinted glasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm ok with Hazard just because he's so good to watch, nearly scored a cracker tonight. Costa on the other hand is a quality player but the stamping is just not cool, really don't think either were necessary and would prefer if he'd just have let his play do the talking

• Advertisement

ok

The game went to extra time. Your keeper was man of the match in both legs but yet you thought it was more comfortable than you thought it wouid be. Extra time Chelsea looked comfortable after they scored but it was wide open before that.

Strumms wrote: »
    Seeing a couple more replays I think it was a penalty although the argument will always be that Costa should not have been on the pitch. If there was any doubt about the first one the second one sealed the deal and I think the FA will deal with that and he will be sitting out a few games. I like his aggression but he way oversteps the mark when it's put up to him at times. I think Henderson should have gone also to be honest in the latter stages and Lucas walked a tightrope.

Overall Chelsea were the better side tonight, probably very even over the two legs. If only Liverpool had a striker.

Chelsea where not the better team at Anfield

Its A Tactic From Him, and It works.

However I Find Him Disagreeable and A Bit Manky.

Oh and Hawthorne and Quinn have to be the worst commentary team going, cliche after cliche and no real understanding of the key moments in the game, no mention of the Costa stamps and trying to make out like Zouma had a good game - just really dumb, populist, agenda-driven and cowardly almost anti-analysis

Chelsea where not the better team at Anfield

He basically said Liverpool were, not Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh and Hawthorne and Quinn have to be the worst commentary team going, cliche after cliche and no real understanding of the key moments in the game, no mention of the Costa stamps and trying to make out like Zouma had a good game - just really dumb, populist, agenda-driven and cowardly almost anti-analysis

:confused: I'm no fan of Quinn as a commentator at all.....but he mentioned both stamps. Wtf were you watching?

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    :confused: I'm no fan of Quinn as a commentator at all.....but he mentioned both stamps. Wtf were you watching?

Also he praised Zouma when he deserved praise, saved a goalscoring chance at least twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

get in, Hazard and Costa...Legendary

Kirby wrote: »

OK they made reference to it but they underplayed it - Quinn said the key moments in the first half were the penalty appeal and the two liverpool chances, then they cut straight to the studio and the presenter said the key moment was the Costa non-red. The fact that Quinn was so immediately contradicted was amusing but he's a terrible pundit

"Liverpool will lick their wounds but Chelsea march on" - an example of his "analysis" - just banality after cliche after meaningless platitude. He had his big book of footballing cliches open and he must have went through the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

we couldnt sign the likes of costa, we had to sign balotelli. they sign courtois even though they have cech. we are not at the races at all, and we nearly took them. courtois man of the match in both matches tells a story.

8-10 wrote: »
    Also he praised Zouma when he deserved praise, saved a goalscoring chance at least twice

Zouma was poor tonight, badly positioned, looked nervous and was bailed out by those around him on more than one occassion, not great on the ball either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

emo72 wrote: »
    we couldnt sign the likes of costa, we had to sign balotelli. they sign courtois even though they have cech. we are not at the races at all, and we nearly took them. courtois man of the match in both matches tells a story.

Courtois shouldn't have been anywhere near MOTM tonight, he wasn't overly busy in fairness, very surprised he got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

emo72 wrote: »

To be fair, they signed Courtois 4 years ago.

Costa is some bástard. I think he's great! Gives and takes as good as he's got, and, from interviews during his time in Spain, is totally unashamed in doing so.

Courtois was brilliant first half.

Cracking keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He hit him with a rake? Some of the whinging on this thread is hilarious tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Zouma was poor tonight, badly positioned, looked nervous and was bailed out by those around him on more than one occassion, not great on the ball either

Disagree. He didn't have a perfect game and was understandably nervous.

But he got better as the game went on and he gave Sterling very little compared to how bad Cahill last week.

Courtois shouldn't have been anywhere near MOTM tonight, he wasn't overly busy in fairness, very surprised he got it.

Was very surprised myself. I don't think any player really stood out tonight. Lucas did ok but probably could have gone. I don't know who should have got it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Disagree. He didn't have a perfect game and was understandably nervous.

But he got better as the game went on and he gave Sterling very little compared to how bad Cahill last week.

The difference is Zouma engages people cahill backs off far too much

The game went to extra time. Your keeper was man of the match in both legs but yet you thought it was more comfortable than you thought it wouid be. Extra time Chelsea looked comfortable after they scored but it was wide open before that.

And I stand by that. Overall Chelsea the better team tonight and deserved to go through.

Liverpool much better in the first leg but unfortunately it's over 2 legs that counts

How much you have one those blue tinted glasses

Have a look through your own posts and you'll probably come to the same conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Was very surprised myself. I don't think any player really stood out tonight. Lucas did ok but probably could have gone. I don't know who should have got it.

Skrtel was Liverpool's best player and Hazard was Chelsea's IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement