Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did ANYONE order the Royal Rumble on Sky Sports?

• 27-01-2015 2:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

It'll be funny if they advertise it during the ad breaks tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Nope. WWE Network for me. It is a no-brainer when you think about it. €24.95 for one pay per view which works out as two months on the network.

But to get what you are referencing Rovert :pac: Such a person would be MIGHTY pissed right about now :p and you couldn't blame them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Someone in the live thread mentioned paying €25 for it....so I guess they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah i did, i wasn't going to but at 12.55, i ordered it, its only €25 and was just easy to press the red button, then set up an account at that late stage. Laziness i suppose, more then anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Wonder if someone can do the sums in a few weeks and make an educated guess for how many bought it on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone who did should be getting on to Sky demanding a refund, given they aired it free last night, and will likely do so again on Wednesday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Ageyev wrote: »
    Wonder if someone can do the sums in a few weeks and make an educated guess for how many bought it on Sky.

Im not bothered they showed the matches last night, if there wasn't a storm they wouldn't have showed them, like i said above its only €25,

I'll spend more money this weekend going to galway for meath game on sunday where we'll probably get beat, and i wont see that money again either, same with cheltenham in march.

Whosthis wrote: »

If im the 1 that ordered the 1, that'll do me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I did too, pure laziness too on my behalf. Can't see myself ordering the Network or any other PPV again to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I nearly did but when I saw the price I said no chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

An appropriate start to the new PPV deal for both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Interesting about the refund thing. Apparently some networks who also had Rumble rights cut Raw after they saw they were just showing the two big matches from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Had we known we could have just waited and watched Raw without signing up for the network or ordering on sky box office :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

veganrun wrote: »
    Had we known we could have just waited and watched Raw without signing up for the network or ordering on sky box office :)
    Ya but that means you'd be one of those well-adjusted types that don't have to stay up till 4 in the morning even if you have to be up 2 hours later and also can avoid spoilers for an entire day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rovert wrote: »

i call bs on that, Sky Sports for 6 months costs over €200, bit too generous

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone who did should be getting on to Sky demanding a refund, given they aired it free last night, and will likely do so again on Wednesday....

Hi can anyone tell me what day and time it will be repeated thanks

This is interesting ...
    http://www1.skysports.com/other-sports/news/14203/9683070/wwe-raw-monday-nights-show-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather-in-north-east-usa ... Was posted at 3.17pm today.

Doesnt mention anything about showing the "raw" that aired for american viewers last night. But plugs the smackdown show which will air Friday night on Sky Sports 5.

So it would appear Sky aint showing Raw? So no refunds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is interesting ...
    http://www1.skysports.com/other-sports/news/14203/9683070/wwe-raw-monday-nights-show-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather-in-north-east-usa ... Was posted at 3.17pm today.

Doesnt mention anything about showing the "raw" that aired for american viewers last night. But plugs the smackdown show which will air Friday night on Sky Sports 5.

So it would appear Sky aint showing Raw? So no refunds.

They showed Raw last night. I recorded it on sky plus.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    They showed Raw last night. I recorded it on sky plus.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ha, I streamed :p Never watch it on Sky.
    So pretty much they've already left themselves open for refunds now? Even if they don't replay it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ha, I streamed :p Never watch it on Sky.
    So pretty much they've already left themselves open for refunds now? Even if they don't replay it :)

Yep. Silly move. They could have easily cancelled it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep. Silly move. They could have easily cancelled it.

Exactly. Surely Sky knew what WWE were planning on showing. Since the cancellation of raw was making the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

87vA0.jpg

Advertisement