Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fast Lane 22/02 thread *RESULTS INSIDE*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rusev better come up with a new submission finisher, cos as ADR found out, once Cena powers out of it as easily as he did last night, theres no coming back from it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rusev better come up with a new submission finisher, cos as ADR found out, once Cena powers out of it as easily as he did last night, theres no coming back from it.

I'd be more concerned about Cena getting a new finisher, how many people kick out of the AA these days and not even mentioning Lesnar making it look like a joke at Royal Rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

No interest in watching WM main event now, ****ing Roman Reigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

- Ziggler and Rollins jerk the curtain. Rollins isnt even involved in the decision and yet again two mid-40s past it dinosaurs that EVERYONE is sick of seeing go over one of the most over guys on the roster. **** me.

I should have known better and went to sleep after that debacle. You knew it was gonna be bad when the show opens with that.

- I liked the story between the Rhodes brothers, the actual in-ring action was average, expect better from those guys. Crowd was dead and the finish was a mess.

- Cesaro and Kidd won. Yay. No complaints here.

- Womens match was fine technically, I like Nikki but having Brie at ringside shouting the entire time drove me nuts.

- Sting/HHH stuff was good but dead crowd ruined it.

- Ambrose again looks like a total idiot. This is happening so often it's not an accident.

- Bray promo was fine but that stuff has been done before. Whatever.

- Cena/Rusev was decent, good performance from Rusev. Could pretty much hear Cena call every spot. Not for the first time either.

- Reigns put in probably his best performance, yet it was still average at best. He gassed out absurdly fast. Yet he kicks out of the Knee+, gets out of the Yes Lock repeatedly and then beats DB with one spear. **** you Vince.

Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Reigns put in probably his best performance, yet it was still average at best. He gassed out absurdly fast. Yet he kicks out of the Knee+, gets out of the Yes Lock repeatedly and then beats DB with one spear. **** you Vince.

Reigns was shíte. Absolutely shíte.

He was carried worse than Cena ever has, to the point that the crowd was quite split at the start of the match, but by the end it was fully behind Bryan (even though he did some quite heelish things) because he was one putting in all the fúcking work.

Over the last month, WWE successfully made Bryan into 'just another guy' with some of the most horrendous booking, but in one match, he managed to overcome it yet again, to the point where everyone in that building knew who the actual current star is.

Reigns is going to fail miserably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

SlickRic wrote: »
    Reigns was shíte. Absolutely shíte.

He was carried worse than Cena ever has, to the point that the crowd was quite split at the start of the match, but by the end it was fully behind Bryan (even though he did some quite heelish things) because he was one putting in all the fúcking work.

Over the last month, WWE successfully made Bryan into 'just another guy' with some of the most horrendous booking, but in one match, he managed to overcome it yet again, to the point where everyone in that building knew who the actual current star is.

Reigns is going to fail miserably.

They muted the mics at the end.

Staggering they shove a guy who hasn't paid any dues whatsoever so hard down our throats.

People are going to watch regardless and as long as that's the case they'll do what they like.

As soon as I heard Vince comment on the Rumble I knew they weren't changing.

SAVE_US SETH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They should never have gotten rid of Elimination Chamber, always loved those matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They muted the mics at the end.

Staggering they shove a guy who hasn't paid any dues whatsoever so hard down our throats.

People are going to watch regardless and as long as that's the case they'll do what they like.

As soon as I heard Vince comment on the Rumble I knew they weren't changing.

SAVE_US SETH.

Seth is definitely cashing in either at Mania or on the Raw after, there is no doubt in my mind.

they will then try to portray Reigns as the underdog against the machine.

fúcking lunacy when you look at how the guy is booked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SlickRic wrote: »
    Seth is definitely cashing in either at Mania or on the Raw after, there is no doubt in my mind.

they will then try to portray Reigns as the underdog against the machine.

fúcking lunacy when you look at how the guy is booked.

At the way they are pushing Reigns and treating Rollins, I firmly expect Rollins to cash in and lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loughc wrote: »
    At the way they are pushing Reigns and treating Rollins, I firmly expect Rollins to cash in and lose.

if they did at the raw after wrestlemania theres a chance riot would break out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sad Meltzer was sad on this morning's audio. Re: choosing Reigns over Bryan and the general direction of the company during the last few years versus Vince prior reputation of at worst getting the big things right:
    Vince McMahon, last to the curve, not even in the game with dumb****s.

sky88 wrote: »
    if they did at the raw after wrestlemania theres a chance riot would break out

Michael Cole sitting there, #RawRiot is currently trending worldwide at the moment on Twitter.

Don't forget to download the WWE App where you can watch further Rioting Activites during the Commercial Break and for an exclusive look at the New WWE Champion Roman Reigns.

Rovert you're famous!

igyl1c.jpg

Rusev seemed happy:
    tumblr_nk7glqVV241sj4xr4o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you were going home with her, wouldn't you be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,300 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Cena is a great wrestler but using the same moves for so long really hinders him. He can still put on great matches and entertain greatly but everything has been seen before. Can't believe the STF wasn't canned after about 2 uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Loughc wrote: »

yes zero chance rollins is cashing in on reigns and winning. wwe want to build up reigns as strongly as possible and that will mean rollins curbstomping reigns upon cash-in and reigns still powering out and pinning rollins...would be the first time in history anyone has done that too.

honestly rollins pinning reigns right after his big coronation would be quite silly when you think about it, all that 18 month build for nothing really. i expect reigns to hold the wwe title longer than punk did, thats clearly something thats been eating away at the company for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Will Lillian be in trouble for her couple of slips last night?

Was it just me or was Fastlane filmed awfully last night. Cameramen seemed to missed spots.

They seemed to over use the zoom in and out effect way to much to the point where you couldn't see clearly what was happening.

They would cut to one camera to quickly cut back to another. It came across well below the WWE usual high standards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bryan was great as usual.

Hopefully after lending some of his credibility to Wyatt and now Reigns he has the stroke to get himself some big wins to keep himself strong. Starting at Mania.

I ended up watching the match live, on mute, while feeding my son some grub, without seeing the rest of the show it was enjoyable.

A prolonged period with Bryan, Reigns and Rollins feuding could be great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder, based on booking and commentary, does Vince think that fans will back Reigns now he's "proved" himself by beating Bryan, as if we were all "Oh no, our problem with Reigns is he didn't pin Bryan..."

They should never have gotten rid of Elimination Chamber, always loved those matches.
    Aye, though part of my fondness comes from the video games. :P

So what's the craic with Rollins now? I thought he had to make a title challenge by Mania at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

No, he has a year from winning the briefcase.

What will be hilarious is the pop he'll get if he cashes in on Reigns either at 'Mania or Raw the night after.

It'll be nuclear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Aye, though part of my fondness comes from the video games. :P

So what's the craic with Rollins now? I thought he had to make a title challenge by Mania at the latest.

He has to cash in before MITB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just got home and began to "acquire" this. After 10mins of crappy speeds I thought: "There must be a quicker way to watch this"

Cue the lightbulb going off and heading over to the network :rolleyes:

Old habits......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"grab my leg"

Every time I hear that whole Undertaker druid music, all I think about is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Noticed a few people wearing new gear last night, Cody being the especially obvious one.

Most people would keep their new looks under wraps till Mania, so presumably it means they know they aren't getting on the card in a meaningful way so just debuted the new gear early.

Happy for the lads. Thought the team would only exist on Superstars and Main Event and now they are on track for a Wrestlemania match:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I got to watch it last night and i should have just come on here to get the feedback and saved myself 3 hours!!

Totally agree with everything everyone is saying - and i know someone made the comment how can a crowd be loud with such a crap storyline - but the 'YESMOVEMENT' was manifested from crap storylines from crap writers!!

We all know reigns is been forced on the wwe and i hate that - but putting that aside - his in ring is actually rubbish - like he doesnt even do impressive innovative power moves - like the power bomb has been done for years and he doesnt even do it as good as cena (never thought i say that). He doesnt sell well - he doesnt speak well - the fans dont like him - BELIEVE THAT!!

Also at mania i dont believe that lesnar will loose - I think he is close to signing back up with wwe - if thats the case lesnar will beat reigns and rollins - and become the longest reigning champ overtaking punk!!

Oh as a final note - Reigns must be pissed that show stole his superman punch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

rovert wrote: »
    Happy for the lads. Thought the team would only exist on Superstars and Main Event and now they are on track for a Wrestlemania match:

Whatever about his in ring capabilities, Cesaro is a charisma vaccum.

A henchman role definately suits him but even though he speaks decent English, his personality is going to be lost in translation i'm afraid.

Advertisement