Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fast Lane 22/02 thread *RESULTS INSIDE*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Deadlie wrote: »
    WWEFL.jpg

Since nobody else did it yet.

I dont think you did it either. That was on Reddit two days ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    I dont think you did it either. That was on Reddit two days ago :p
    Wonder what the username of the person who posted it was... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I think we'll see DB win v Reigns and gets the title shot
    Reigns absolutely destroys him post match and turns heel
    At WM Reigns costs Lesnar the tile (he's leaving isn't he!!!!!) and shakes hands with the devil (Heyman) which sets up two storylines
    One : Reigns v DB
    Two : Reigns v Lesnar (if Lesnar ever returns)

This leaves us with
    A champion everyone wants - DB
    A new monster heel - Reigns with Heyman who can do all the talking for Reigns

At least thats how i would book things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

brinty wrote: »
    I think we'll see DB win v Reigns and gets the title shot
    Reigns absolutely destroys him post match and turns heel
    At WM Reigns costs Lesnar the tile (he's leaving isn't he!!!!!) and shakes hands with the devil (Heyman) which sets up two storylines
    One : Reigns v DB
    Two : Reigns v Lesnar (if Lesnar ever returns)

This leaves us with
    A champion everyone wants - DB
    A new monster heel - Reigns with Heyman who can do all the talking for Reigns

At least thats how i would book things...

So Reigns turns heel and then pulls a face move by costing a heel champion his title, allowing a face to win and then sides with heyman...

hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So Reigns turns heel and then pulls a face move by costing a heel champion his title, allowing a face to win and then sides with heyman...

hmmm...

Lesnar's a bit of a tweener now in reality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Lesnar's a bit of a tweener now in reality

I think Lesnar transcends the face/heel/tweener dynamic at this point in the eyes of smarter fans. WWE have him positioned as a heel, but that's more to do with his manager. Lesnar himself hasn't done much to be a heel. Everything he's done makes him more respectable, and what he's done is just come off as a legitimately tough guy. He's more like an end of game boss at this point. He's like Mike Tyson at the end of Punch-Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Reigns beats Bryan and then raises his hand or something like that is how I see this going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/553137-updated-wwe-fastlane-card-2-new-championship-matches-announced

The following is confirmed for WWE Fastlane, which takes place at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee on Sunday, February 22nd

Number One Contender Match
    Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

United States Championship Match
    John Cena vs. Rusev (C)

WWE Divas Championship
    Paige vs. Nikki Bella (C)

WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Bad News Barrett (C) vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Tag Team Championship
    The Uso’s (C) vs. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd

Triple H and Sting meet face to face

WWE Fastlane Kickoff Show
    Paul Heyman will be a guest on MizTV

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mr.Shabby

I'm just not getting excited by this PPV at all even though it's free. When I think about No Way Out between 00-02, these PPV's were so well booked at the upper end of the card that they maintained a high level of interest all the way from the rumble to mania. Now we have a let down rumble, a throwaway February event and very little to be excited about going into WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Other than the main event, I'm not too interested. Cena/Rusev and Sting/HHH are going to be nonevents, but Takers appearance could be interesting.

• Advertisement

Deadlie wrote: »
    Takers appearance could be interesting.

Taker is confirmed to appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taker is confirmed to appear?

I don't know if he is, but if he is facing Wyatt at WM guess he needs to appear to start the feud but would WWE have him and Sting both appear on this ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Not sure why they got rid of the chamber though. :(

Steph mentioned on a podcast that too many arenas have the giant scoreboard in the middle of the arena now, so it's more difficult to hang the cage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This show is airing on Sky One!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Number One Contender Match
    Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

United States Championship Match
    John Cena vs. Rusev (C)

WWE Divas Championship
    Paige vs. Nikki Bella (C)

WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Bad News Barrett (C) vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Tag Team Championship
    The Uso’s (C) vs. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd

Triple H and Sting meet face to face

WWE Fastlane Kickoff Show
    Paul Heyman will be a guest on MizTV

A faceoff is now PPV material?

This would have been a particularity great Raw in the late 90s and now they try and pass it off as Special Event material.

A shocking lineup for $30, $9.99 or even a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

This would have been a particularity great Raw in the late 90s and now they try and pass it off as Special Event material.

But it's free...

Personally I'm really looking forward to Bryan vs Reigns. I'm not looking forward to having to listen to Lawler again though.

But it's free...

Only if you have the Network though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only if you have the Network though?

Or Sky one

Loughc wrote: »
    Or Sky one

Oh cool. I thought Id read they were showing it a full week after it was on.

Good stuff if they're showing it live.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh cool. I thought Id read they were showing it a full week after it was on.

Good stuff if they're showing it live.

No it's on live. I Have it set to record.

• Advertisement

No it's on live. I Have it set to record.

Interesting. I wonder how WWE feel about them giving this show away when they're trying to get subscribers.

Interesting. I wonder how WWE feel about them giving this show away when they're trying to get subscribers.

The same way sky sports should feel about them giving it away for free on the network when it was meant to be on sky box office.

The same way sky sports should feel about them giving it away for free on the network when it was meant to be on sky box office.

Oh? Interesting.

Considering their 27 or so years long relationship Im sure this is just a little bump in the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Got my money's worth for Feburary already with NXT Rival and I got my money's worth for January with Royal Rumble Triple Threat alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Looks like a great card to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You aren't just getting a PPV for a monthly fee....

The Network is astonishing value imo.

Even if you are not happy with the current product, the content on the Network alone makes it an essential purchase for any hardcore fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I know what you mean and I think the H/Sting angle sucks and I expect the match to suck but this isn't the first time they have advertised a non-match/"encounter" for a show:

Steve Austin/Bischoff No Way Out 2003
    Austin/Rikishi No Mercy 2000 was supposed to be a match but wasn't.
    Austin at Unforgiven 2000
    DDP/Undertaker King of the Ring 2000

Etc. Etc.

You're also right that this is pretty much an episode of Raw, that is what the monthly shows are now except you may get one or two gimmicks you won't get on Raw, occassionally a match you won't get on Raw and the odd time an excellent match.

There were plenty of WWF pay-per-views in the late 90s were poorly promoted matches, poor matches, TV angles, screwy finishes in matches etc. etc. Other than things shifting to an internet streaming service rather than pay-per-view, this is nothing new tbh.

But yeah, Fastlane looks crap, the matches might be good but overall they will be forgettable because wins/losses don't mean anything and the Bryan/Reigns result will probably be nullified on Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

wonder if they are going the triple threat match if they would have brock come out and destroy both of them and so its a no contest result

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Disagree that this feels like an episode of Raw. The two main matches have been built nicely. The face-off will be great and the women's match at least has a build behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

See Cena/Rusev match been the last match on unless Reigns/Bryan has some kinda of DQ ending with Lesnar coming in and F5 them both.
    I can't see them finishing off with Reigns beating Bryan and Bryan lifting his hand (I really see that coming) fans will be booing the **** out of that, although Cena might not be better but if he gets beat (which I doubt) it might go down a little better.

Advertisement