Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fast Lane 22/02 thread *RESULTS INSIDE*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    This show is airing on Sky One!

I thought Sky 1 showed live Oscar coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Sky 1 showed live Oscar coverage

I think they only had the red carpet last year. The Oscars itself was on Sky Movies. In fact it possibly was on Sky Atlantic last year though I'm not sure about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Reebrock wrote: »
    Disagree that this feels like an episode of Raw.

If you're watching WWE/F as long as I am and you were there to witness The Monday Night Wars then yes, Im afraid this would have been an episode of Raw back then ;)

Dont get me wrong, if Im awake I'll still be watching it. It just feels like a bit of an insult to the fans to call this either an PPV or a "Special Event".

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

You'll all be delighted to hear that I wrote a song for the inaugural Fastlane event.

It's the fastlane baby,
    goin' out of sight,
    It's the fastlane baby,
    drivin' in the fastlane tonight.

It's the fastlane honey,
    goin' out of control!
    It's the fastlane baby,
    gotta' pray for your soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Why have I got a feeling that Bray Wyatt will play some part in the Bryan/Reigns match leading to a feud with Bryan?

I know he's due to face Taker, but still. He always finds a way to show up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wonder if Sheamus returns on the PPV. I thought they would have had "Returns Next Week" at the bottom of his hype video on Raw this week.

Yer getting Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania and you'll like it!

Stardust Vs. Goldust announced on SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

rovert wrote: »
    Wonder if Sheamus returns on the PPV. I thought they would have had "Returns Next Week" at the bottom of his hype video on Raw this week.

Yer getting Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania and you'll like it![/QUOTE]

:pac: No chance the fans will go ape**** and WWE would be smart not to book it, don't want Bryan trying to get some heat for that Vince failed project. It be a great match but its obvious they are going to use Bryan to get some heat for a new heel Sheamus so he can be fed to their golden boy Reigns at some B PPV. Known WWE they will have Bryan been beat too at WM 31 just to piss more people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Looper007 wrote: »
    Fans will boo it out of the building. Reigns has to win thanks to Bryan been screwed. They really have messed themselves up with this match.

If they don't care about Reigns getting booed out of the building at the Rumble or after beating Lesnar at WrestleMania, why would they care about him getting booed out of the building at Fastlane?

They've planned the last two years around Reigns.

Breaking the Rumble Elimination Record.
    Lesnar ending the streak.
    Lesnar destroying Cena at Summerslam.
    Reigns winning the Rumble.

All leading to Reigns beating Lesnar at WrestleMania this year.

If they pull out of their plans now, all that will have been for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Mr.Shabby wrote: »
    I'm just not getting excited by this PPV at all even though it's free. When I think about No Way Out between 00-02, these PPV's were so well booked at the upper end of the card that they maintained a high level of interest all the way from the rumble to mania. Now we have a let down rumble, a throwaway February event and very little to be excited about going into WM.

Don't agree with that at all.

Two of the matches were talked about a lot for WrestleMania and Reigns/Bryan could have been a WrestleMania main event if Lesnar wasn't around. It's the biggest non-title match in WWE for a long time and everyone has different theories on what's going to happen.

Cena-Rusev's first meeting with Rusev still undefeated is huge; and is the biggest US title match in years.

Barrett-Ambrose could potentially be great and is one of the most anticipated intercontinental title matches for a long time.

Goldust-Cody is a match that's been talked about for years; it's a bit sudden, I'll agree but still should be a really good match as the two guys have been planning it for so long.

Sting is still a special attraction in WWE.

Don't really care about the divas but Paige/Nikki has had a better buildup than most divas matches.

Tag titles match is as good as any other recently.

At least the six-man match has Ziggler and Rollins!

Every match has an actual storyline behind it. There is a couple of other storylines which still need to start properly in the run up to WrestleMania, so something could happen in relation to them at this event also! Certainly for me it's the most anticipated B-PPV for a long time; all the big matches are unpredictable and it's great to see the IC/US titles mean something again.

• Advertisement

Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowan vs. Seth Rollins, Big Show & Kane added

I can see Orton and J&J security also getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but tonight for the 3rd straight year, Seth Rollins is involved in a 6 man tag team match.

551529_1036957539652044_399470541354467401_n.jpg?oh=0d90d125fe90628281083cb8fccf321f&oe=55960347&__gda__=1434653370_3e35a200fe2847b251c13756605b94ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Interesting Wyatt doesn't have a match. Expect him to do a promo and Taker to show up or play mind games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

paulie21 wrote: »
    Interesting Wyatt doesn't have a match. Expect him to do a promo and Taker to show up or play mind games

That's a good shout. I don't think Taker will appear as I bet they'll save that, but they may well do some sort of 'rising from the dead' type promo for him.

Incidentally I'd love Taker when he comes back to return with the Ministry theme or else his biker persona, although I'd say the chances of either are almost zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I just wish his wife would stop posting embarrassing redneck videos and photos of the two of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Is this a stay up all night or watch tomorrow? I'm leaning towards tomorrow at the moment

The joke writes itself.

B-eAwOzCMAAZ0KC.jpg

B-eAwSvCUAAWE7e.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

As a matter of interest who is banging Paige?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tugboats wrote: »
    Is this a stay up all night or watch tomorrow? I'm leaning towards tomorrow at the moment

I want a good nights sleep before I get indignant about Bryan jobbing to Reigns :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

the debut of sister abigail, to be shown tonight :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF_3nfFDwbQ

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I want a good nights sleep before I get indignant about Bryan jobbing to Reigns :P

Staying up and determined to enjoy the show:
    ziKOosF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont care if Reigns or hell, even Cena wins, but Paige must win tonight or im not gonna be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

It has the potential to be a really good in ring show with BNB vs Ambrose,Usos vs Cesaro & Kidd,Rusev vs Cena and Bryan vs Regins all looking good on paper shame at least two of them will most likely have bad finishes though.

Already started:

Watching this in bed lads:
    B-fRK_WIgAAYuu8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Crowd seems like they'll boo Reigns if he wins, well hopefully in anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I take it this doubles up as the Live thread too since it's a B PPV? What are y'all looking forward to mostly, if anything!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta love ryback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ricero wrote: »
    Gotta love ryback

He looks like Big Vito in his WCW Mamaluke's gear with those colours on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Looking forward to Triple H and Sting going face to face. Really interested to see what direction they are going in terms of this feud

Advertisement