Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's no longer for sale in US

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I do believe that is a Twirl that you are referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twirl_%28chocolate_bar%29

Shame on you for not knowing that.

You'll be saying you don't know what a Curly Wurly is next. :P

I was disgusted to find out my selection box had no Curly Wurly in it! First time I was home for Christmas in 5 years.
    I went to Tesco and bought four multipacks of them to bring back. Curly Wurlys are the best!

It's not just Cadbury getting blocked. They've announced other bars too like Kit Kat. Which I don't get because they advertise Kit Kat quite a bit on tv so I assumed it was always sold here on its own.

Anyways, time to set up a black market for chocolate. I'll be rich soon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I was disgusted to find out my selection box had no Curly Wurly in it! First time I was home for Christmas in 5 years.
    I went to Tesco and bought four multipacks of them to bring back. Curly Wurlys are the best!

It's not just Cadbury getting blocked. They've announced other bars too like Kit Kat. Which I don't get because they advertise Kit Kat quite a bit on tv so I assumed it was always sold here on its own.

Anyways, time to set up a black market for chocolate. I'll be rich soon. :D

With all the boardsie's spreaded from coast to coast - this isn't too bad an idea. I volunteer to take the bay area.

Also - if we are getting job titles, I'll take consigliere or junior vice president.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Got an email back from the irish store in St Paul MN they aint supplied by LBB Imports so they still will be selling Caburys they have a website if anyone wants to order some. http://www.irishongrand.com/ I just hope Hershey's leave them and other small stores alone. I dont get why they want to target ex-pats we are a small group of people and we just don't like American chocolate they should leave us alone.

With all the boardsie's spreaded from coast to coast - this isn't too bad an idea. I volunteer to take the bay area.

Also - if we are getting job titles, I'll take consigliere or junior vice president.

My brother has a cash and carry account back home could get him to set us up with supply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

jjbrien wrote: »
    I just hope Hershey's leave them and other small stores alone. I dont get why they want to target ex-pats we are a small group of people and we just don't like American chocolate they should leave us alone.

After settling with the big guys I'd say they'll be sending cease and desist letters around to all the little guys too.

You would expect that the imports are a niche market alright, but it must be biting into a large enough chunk of their sweet profit for them to take notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got an email back from the irish store in St Paul MN they aint supplied by LBB Imports so they still will be selling Caburys they have a website if anyone wants to order some. http://www.irishongrand.com/ I just hope Hershey's leave them and other small stores alone. I dont get why they want to target ex-pats we are a small group of people and we just don't like American chocolate they should leave us alone.

He also sells Norn Ireland Tayto, not the real ones :( and says a Mars bar is Irish :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

There's a petition going on:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/protest-hersheys-lawsuit

It was only a matter of time. Looks like they're trying to get 25,000 signatures. Almost 24,000 so far! Let's hope we're heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, there was nearly a riot in my sisters house at Christmas, when I showed up with Selection Boxes minus the Curly Wurlys. To add insult to injury, one of her kids actually preferred the bar that has replaced it - the one with the coloured hard candy bits.

From a marketing sense, its a great way to introduce a new product to a captive market, as I didn't even know the bar existed until I saw it in the selection box. But selection boxes are up there with Superquinn sausages and Tayto... you just shouldn't mess with perfection. Ever ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I don't get it, everyone loves curly wurlys. Plus they're a great way to get a sugar fix without a lot of calories!
    It's not a selection box if 80% of the contents are just milk chocolate in a different form.

I wonder if European countries responded with not allowing Hershey's what would happen? Seriously though, people love chocolate! There's enough market for everyone to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I don't get it, everyone loves curly wurlys. Plus they're a great way to get a sugar fix without a lot of calories!
    It's not a selection box if 80% of the contents are just milk chocolate in a different form.

I wonder if European countries responded with not allowing Hershey's what would happen? Seriously though, people love chocolate! There's enough market for everyone to sell.

Yea but Cadbury is already here in the form of the stuff Hershey make and band as Cadbury (which they are allowed to do since they paid for it).

I wonder if you could come to an agreement with Cadbury to rebrand and repackage some of their chocolate and sell it here under some other name.

• Advertisement

spideog7 wrote: »
    Yea but Cadbury is already here in the form of the stuff Hershey make and band as Cadbury (which they are allowed to do since they paid for it).

I wonder if you could come to an agreement with Cadbury to rebrand and repackage some of their chocolate and sell it here under some other name.

Like tayto did back home by renaming monster munch to mighty munch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Like tayto did back home by renaming monster munch to mighty munch

I think Tayto Ireland lost the rights to the Monster Munch name. Pretty sure it was a Walkers brand and when they arrived in Ireland they reclaimed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Who makes the Canadian Cadburys?

Advertisement