Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remodelling costs

Options
  • 27-01-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Am looking to remodel house and make kitchen diner/living room .Spoke to an architect who said to ballpark E1500 per sqm for remodelling.
    Does this sound accurate?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jamboambo1 wrote: »
    Am looking to remodel house and make kitchen diner/living room .Spoke to an architect who said to ballpark E1500 per sqm for remodelling.
    Does this sound accurate?

Sounds a bit high for remodelling. That price i would normally associate with new build. But again it depends on the finished spec. Granite worktops or MDF, PVC doors or solid pine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jamboambo1

thanks for reply. I was told it didn't include kitchen and could be a little higher if alu clad windows etc. Maybe I need to speak to another architect. I know they were only giving a ballpark but i thought it sounded high

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I would normally 'ballpark' E 750 per m.sq. for remodeling/internal works, as a starting point...but...as with all these figures, the devil is in the detail. For smaller scale work and/or for more complex work, you could be up to E 1,000 per m.sq.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

jamboambo1 wrote: »
    thanks for reply. I was told it didn't include kitchen and could be a little higher if alu clad windows etc. Maybe I need to speak to another architect. I know they were only giving a ballpark but i thought it sounded high
    This can't be answered without understanding the space changes, fabric changes, structural works, finishes, mech & elec, etc etc

Did you pay for this advice? Or the 'ballpark' just that?

Advertisement