Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok, what's next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Singer wrote: »
    Bump :P

Am recovering from jetlag, will update when less Zombie like.

Cheers S and B.

I'm alive and well. Leg hasn't fallen off.

Morning!

First off I'm great. I'm really well.

I was uptown on lunch during the week and able to walk up and back. I was so completely relaxed as I realised I no longer rush about. There is no panic to get anywhere. I feel like I've come through therapy or on something as it was just lovely.

I was on holidays last week and a few days I walked more than 20,000 steps and the knee was absolutely perfect. It swelled once but eased out after a day.

It's still a weird learning curve as you can go to bed and it feels fine and wake up and it is swollen again.

I only noticed last night that if I bend my leg to 90 degree angle my calf looks sunken or hollow.

I am still with the physio regularly. He is absolutely super.

I had my 3 month consultant check-up and physio testing a while back now.

It's all about building up muscle strength. I was worried I'd damaged myself as it took 4 months to walk pain free and normally. Now if it swells at least I can still walk on it and through it. I can cycle pain free, well it hurt yesterday, but for the most part.

Oh yes, the physio visit. They tested my hamstrings and quads on a machine. My hamstrings are equal in strength but to improve running need to be built up. My Quad the right side is weaker, as this is where the muscle came from.

The top floor of the gym no longer scares me. I have to do dead lifts and lift hex bar to build up muscles. I'm still not going as regularly as I should be. I'm now jumping single and double legs, very small jumps. When the physio first suggested it we had a stand off in the middle of the gym floor. In fairness he was right. It was about my confidence and protecting my knee. On the 3 month check-up I had a different physio and to do a single leg jump on the left (good) side I managed it with a big wobble and jumped over a cone. I refused to try the cone on the Right side so he put down a marker and I completely flattened it :D. A bit to go yet.

Confidence is returning and sometimes the knee feels normal. It wasn't having a good week this week so I had to ice it twice last night. The scar is healing extremely well anyway.

I can't do sudden movements so just stop dead and let the other person pass.

I have my next, and hopefully last, consultant visit in 3 weeks. I will be with the physio for 3 hours beforehand for testing so gym panic will set in next week.

I have a running drill to get the knee ready for running and if I get to the gym regularly in the next two weeks the physio may get me to run as it's part of the 3D testing.

I don't think anything else is happening.

When I first started running I have a good base from bootcamp. If and when I try again I know it's going to be horrific but I'll get there.

Thanks for all those who check in on me. I'm extremely grateful. For the first while after the fall I wished it had been more a traumatic experience to make it worthwhile, then I wished it had just broken as so much easier to heal but now I'm great. It's life and sh*t happens but you move on.

Just realised today is the 27th. I haven't sailed since Dec 27th and ran since Feb 27th either but here I am smiling. I'm still involved in both which is advice I'm really glad I followed as knowing me I would have cut myself off.

Finally, never underestimate the power of a good hair day :P

I hope I have satisfied all now with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

A lot of hard work A for you in your recovery. I truly hope it continues to go well and you come out the other side of it.

...and thanks for the occasional ear bashing you give me, when I need it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Great to hear that things are moving in the right direction, and we've certainly been glad over on the novices thread that you've stayed involved with running during rehab! Best of luck with the next check-up/test day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

aquinn wrote: »
    Finally, never underestimate the power of a good hair day :P

I'm lucky in the sense I have one of these EVERYDAY!! Great to see the progress A, hopefully you'll be logging a few running miles again soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Delighted to hear the latest progress A, you will be back at it before you know it and, you always have a good hair day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best luck with rest of recovery. Good to hear your still in fine fettle:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Super stuff Aoife glad all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well done A. Your rehab is scaring me. What will be unleashed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Glad you're getting back, Aoife. Hope to bump in to you again soon.

• Advertisement

Ok, I am really not in the mood to do this but getting started before I get chased, again :D

Rehab hasn't really been happening of late so as a result the knee hasn't been great.

In an effort to improve this I've managed the gym the last two days. All went well but the knee is swollen again here now so will ice it tonight and go again tomorrow.

The 6 month check was very different to the 3 month. The blurb said shorts and a sports bra, yeah of course I'm going to wear them. What they meant is short shorts and the sports bra is your full outfit for the test, ha?

So I rocked up to Santry mid-November for my 6 month assessment. The physio testing was booked for 3 hours for 3D tests and followed by the consultant.

Two young lads then proceed to mark your body like you are getting cosmetic surgery. They measure and draw on you and then stick little probes on you. I had expected then of course to put my top back on but oh no, that's you for the test. If I had known this of course I would have lost the weight I'm always on about.

The physio told me to contact him a week beforehand to see about turning the running drill I had been doing (but hadn't really with holidays) and turn it into a run. I had tried it two days previously. It took a lot in the gym to work up to actually do a lap of the floor. It was hard mentally. Once I did one lap I did 5 more. I sat down as was fecked. Went downstairs to the changing rooms and had a little cry. I hadn't expected it to be so tough BUT I had managed my run attempt at a run. The knee felt wobbly and I was an emotional wreck. Turns out I had also done the run slightly incorrectly, oops. Hadn't followed the instructions correctly.

So the test is very different. The lads get you to do a series of tests/jumps and all the little probes record your body movement. They record it then for the physio so they see how body and knee are doing.

They got me to jump and hop etc and then they needed to set up for a new series of tests so told me I could warm up if I wanted. Lucky I have no body confidence issues since I was in near nothing.

The runs and cutting movements were ok. More of an issue understanding the instructions.

They then got me into that awful ISO machine to test hamstrings and quads on left and right side. This is as tough and I was tired now.

I was then brought to a new physio and the S&C coach. They reviewed my file to date and showed me some of the recordings from upstairs and what I needed to focus on.

I only learnt here that they do a 3/6 and 9 month check to prevent re-rupture. That was an awful shock. I hadn't even considered that would happen.

They consultant then reviewed results of physio and said a bigger gym effort was required as 9 month check-up is already booked in.

Yesterday the knee felt normal but again today it's off.

I noticed last week it was hurting when I was cycling that hasn't happened for a while. All a very slow learning curve for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hang in there A, It all sounds very tough but you'll get there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

At least the curve is going in the right direction :) You are making great progress even if not as quickly as you'd have liked, walking without a limp and running laps of the gym which is fantastic. And as you said, you now know how to manage the knee if it flares up.

Here's hoping that 2017 brings you everything you deserve in running and everywhere else too! (and you only deserve good things).

Maybe you should start logging your gym sessions here every week :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

It sounds like you're being monitored well and nothing is being left to chance. Keep at the rehab and you will get there!

Sorry to hear that, but you'll just have to become a real gym bunny 4-5 times a
    Week, good advice by tpfkafd about logging gym work. Hope next 3 months
    brings better results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

you are making great progress so chin up, and keep at it.

You now have 3 months to get regular in the gym and work at what you need to work at, (I assume they have given you specific exercises to do)!!!

Definitely great idea to log your gym sessions!!!

Younganne wrote: »
    you are making great progress so chin up, and keep at it.

You now have 3 months to get regular in the gym and work at what you need to work at, (I assume they have given you specific exercises to do)!!!

Definitely great idea to log your gym sessions!!!

I have 53 days, 53! Fock.

Yes, given specific training plan. I need to get the muscles back working and relieve the pressure on the joint.

Thanks all, I won't be logging gym work.

This sounds tough, aquinn, but you sound like you're doing really well! I hope things go in the right direction for you in 2017 and you're back to full strength and running as soon as possible. Also, I bet you rocked the crop top and short shorts look! Next time you'll be prepared and can turn up in your favourite sports underwear (I always find that the rare times I'm asked to take my top off for any kind of physio exam is always the time when I'm wearing some awful, bottom of the pile old sports bra, so forewarned is forearmed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Wow, aquinn that sounds tough but as others have said, at least tis not backwards you are going (even if it might feel like it at times). I also think of all the people who contribute to the running forum, you would definitely be in my top three likely to have the stubbornness determination to stick with rehab, do the gym work and get back to full knee health.

And you can do a lot in 53 days once you tip away at it every day.

And well done for doing several laps of the gym, I remember feeling unbelievably vulnerable, weak, and terrified of hurting myself when I started running again after back injury so can relate to the 'emotional wreck' aspect for sure - it'll get easier.

Well done again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Sounds like you're in good hands. Sorry to hear that it's tough to get through, though I guess if you didn't care it'd be pretty easy :)

Hoping it continues to go in a positive direction - not sure if we'll line up together at Raheny in January, maybe in 2018 though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

It's so easy to forget the psychological impact of an injury like yours... the dent to confidence etc. Especially when you have such a positive attitude and outlook...

Hang in there, keep plugging away and you will be back leaving us all in the dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

You've many tough days behind you A and no doubt there will be tough days ahead. Keep the chin up and take it one day at a time, celebrate the breakthroughs and milestones no matter how small or large. You'll be back pounding the footpaths with the rest of us before you know it :) Happy Christmas :)

Hang in there A it's the last climb that's always the hardest you've been doing so great keep the faith the 3 months will fly by. :)

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Hang in there A it's the last climb that's always the hardest you've been doing so great keep the faith the 3 months will fly by. :)

47 days, gym tonight!

Thanks very much. Yes the confidence shattering I hadn't expected at all. When I underestimated recovery that wasn't even part of it.

Thanks for all support.

Happy Christmas.

2017 is the year, maybe/hopefully physio Friday for an update and assessment.

Afternoon,

Happy New Year to all.

I've a lot to catch up on so I hope all are well.

Believe it or not I have managed the walk to run routine as set out by the physio, more on that later.

I was away last week and with Christmas and impending final checkup I went to the physio the Friday before Christmas. I was seen by a different physio and explained where I was. Mostly not getting to the gym or doing the routine. He assessed me and gave me a variation of exercises to jazz up current routine as boredom/lack of motivation also set in with old one.

He said I'm too hard on myself and doing well and that I'm strong enough to start running as double and single leg squats were good.

Of course then with Christmas I did feck all of the routine and so last Tuesday I started the exercises. I didn't have any weights but managed the majority of the routine. I was given a walk to run routine and told to run 2 days a week with exercises at least 3 times a week and plenty of rest between runs.

Due to being on holidays and the massive dinner and fear of going running I didn't sleep the night before. I was first up and out before it got too warm. I haven't recorded on strava before but thought it was too much for me to take the Garmin out so I timed it on my fitbit. The routine was to run for 3 minutes, focus on high knees and walk for 2 for 25 minutes. It wasn't scary. I took it easy. My breathing and belly were actually ok, surprisingly. It went well. I was delighted. My runners have had it but they haven't been used for a run in so long I ran on the cycle path to give it more bouce. Don't bother giving out to me for this it was for the best and the place deserted. I even ran on the road as the footpaths are in shocking condition. The 3 minute run was actually ok. I went up and down a hill as wanted to stay close to home. The 2 minute recovery was ample. My left hip was in a jock for about two days but eventually eased out. I HAD RAN.

I did the next set of exercises the following morning, took another rest day. I had done a lot of walking after my first run day so I iced the knee in the afternoon but was surprised how well it had held up. No pain when running and only slightly swollen later in the day.

On the 07/01, so a 3 day rest I went out again. Again recorded on fitbit. This was 3 minutes run and 2 walk for 30 minutes. I kept more to the flat this time as first set felt harder than previous run. Again early morning and got on well.

More exercises and walking.

Yesterday then I decided to run again as last day of holidays and knew it was a lot easier to do away than at home. It was to run for 4 minutes and walk for 1. Mostly done on the flat and an out and back route. Took it easy and felt hip but tried to keep knees high. Slight pause in run to help a fallen cyclist, still a runner as managed to pause the fitbit. I was out for 30 minutes and really pleased with how this went.

I'm going to continue like this until my final appointment. Nex week is the final week of the routine so I'll continue to do that for the next few weeks as it has running for 25 minutes with no walking. I'm busy this week socially so gym will suffer.

Weight is horrific, over 10 lbs to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Afternoon,

Happy New Year to all.

I've a lot to catch up on so I hope all are well.

Believe it or not I have managed the walk to run routine as set out by the physio, more on that later.

I was away last week and with Christmas and impending final checkup I went to the physio the Friday before Christmas. I was seen by a different physio and explained where I was. Mostly not getting to the gym or doing the routine. He assessed me and gave me a variation of exercises to jazz up current routine as boredom/lack of motivation also set in with old one.

He said I'm too hard on myself and doing well and that I'm strong enough to start running as double and single leg squats were good.

Of course then with Christmas I did feck all of the routine and so last Tuesday I started the exercises. I didn't have any weights but managed the majority of the routine. I was given a walk to run routine and told to run 2 days a week with exercises at least 3 times a week and plenty of rest between runs.

Due to being on holidays and the massive dinner and fear of going running I didn't sleep the night before. I was first up and out before it got too warm. I haven't recorded on strava before but thought it was too much for me to take the Garmin out so I timed it on my fitbit. The routine was to run for 3 minutes, focus on high knees and walk for 2 for 25 minutes. It wasn't scary. I took it easy. My breathing and belly were actually ok, surprisingly. It went well. I was delighted. My runners have had it but they haven't been used for a run in so long I ran on the cycle path to give it more bouce. Don't bother giving out to me for this it was for the best and the place deserted. I even ran on the road as the footpaths are in shocking condition. The 3 minute run was actually ok. I went up and down a hill as wanted to stay close to home. The 2 minute recovery was ample. My left hip was in a jock for about two days but eventually eased out. I HAD RAN.

I did the next set of exercises the following morning, took another rest day. I had done a lot of walking after my first run day so I iced the knee in the afternoon but was surprised how well it had held up. No pain when running and only slightly swollen later in the day.

On the 07/01, so a 3 day rest I went out again. Again recorded on fitbit. This was 3 minutes run and 2 walk for 30 minutes. I kept more to the flat this time as first set felt harder than previous run. Again early morning and got on well.

More exercises and walking.

Yesterday then I decided to run again as last day of holidays and knew it was a lot easier to do away than at home. It was to run for 4 minutes and walk for 1. Mostly done on the flat and an out and back route. Took it easy and felt hip but tried to keep knees high. Slight pause in run to help a fallen cyclist, still a runner as managed to pause the fitbit. I was out for 30 minutes and really pleased with how this went.

I'm going to continue like this until my final appointment. Nex week is the final week of the routine so I'll continue to do that for the next few weeks as it has running for 25 minutes with no walking. I'm busy this week socially so gym will suffer.

Weight is horrific, over 10 lbs to lose.

Good to see you back running, all the best with the recovery.

10lbs, ffs I'd lose that after a sauna :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

still a runner as managed to pause the fitbit.

:D:D

yahoo! back running and logging, happy new year indeed!

Good to hear you're back and happy at it. Watch them cyclists don't catch you
    in their lane:)

Good to see you back A, hopefully plain sailing for you from here on in(see what I done there!!!).

Well done, A. Sounds like fantastic progress. Really glad you're on the mend and getting your confidence back. Really well done on all your hard work and determination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

10 pounds is nothing, you'll lose that after a few months back at it.

Congratulations on the run/walks and the gym, and careful going forward.

Join the club 10 lbs and the rest for me :) great to see you back A.

So I was amazing this week, AMAZING, as I went to the gym Monday and did full new physio routine (given to me in December but busy of late with holidays and the like). That went well. Gym packed but I'm one to talk as haven't been in a week or five.

Tuesday - knee felt great. I went out on a lovely evening as it turns out. Laura had assured me it was lovely to run so off I went. I had been apprehensive of the wet surface but all ok. I stayed close to home and completed 4 minutes running and one minute walking for 30 minutes.

Wednesday - knee still attached. Went to the gym again, where is that halo gone?, and completed second set of physio exercises. Turns out these take half an hour. All went well.

Thursday - feeling great. Hasn't swollen in days. Went for a run and did the same as Tuesday. Another beautiful evening to run. My back was aching a bit towards the end as tense but am ok now.

Friday - FEELING FANTASTIC.

Long may this last.

Healthy eating going well and am actually enjoying it. Slight diversion over the weekend with social plans but off to a good start. 7 lbs to go.

17 days to final check-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

I can't read your post because of the light from your halo, it's blinding ;) Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

I can imagine the tension in your body with the anxiousness, totally understandable. Not sure if you need to run it by your physio but a back massage could release the tension that's built up.

p.s. 10 pounds, small fry, I managed to put on a stone in about 4 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

So AMAZING

Nice work in the gym, and great to see you back out running with no after effects. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Brilliant progress, well done! Long indeed may that fantastic feeling last :)

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    So AMAZING

Nice work in the gym, and great to see you back out running with no after effects. Happy days.

OMG I love this - AMAZING

Neady83 wrote: »
    I can't read your post because of the light from your halo, it's blinding ;) Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

I can imagine the tension in your body with the anxiousness, totally understandable. Not sure if you need to run it by your physio but a back massage could release the tension that's built up.

p.s. 10 pounds, small fry, I managed to put on a stone in about 4 weeks :D

Thanks very much, thrilled.

Got a scare at lunch as someone went through a revolving door like a F1 car and I had to jump.

I would have thought fat would be too scared to land on you with all that you do :). I'm well behind so looking forward to catching up and I hope all is well.
    Brilliant progress, well done! Long indeed may that fantastic feeling last :)

Thanks very much. I hope so. They weren't kidding with the long recovery. I thought I'd be back running after 4 months and well trained by now for next target. I was still limping and walking in pain after that time. A slow learning process too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great news, A. Let us know when you're ready to join the Irishtown bus. ;)

Murph_D wrote: »
    Great news, A. Let us know when you're ready to join the Irishtown bus. ;)

Oh great, there is now a bus. Deadly.

I will of course. I won't be in a lane near you but on the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Brilliant news, keep up the good work A and yes its you doing all the hard work so you deserve to feel amazing!!

Great stuff A onwards and upwards so delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Fantastic. I am soooooo happy for you. I hope the recovery continues to go well A.:)

Morning all,

Last appointment was to be today but their lab was down so I'm rescheduled to tomorrow.

All still going well and for the third week the knee is feeling normal, which as you can imagine is absolutely super.

I have done 3 runs since and all went fantastically well.

Sat 28th I had a very busy day but went out on a beautiful evening and ran for 25 minutes continuously, feckin thrilled, even brought the Garmin - ooohhhhhhhh. Had to teach myself how to work it again of course.

2.5 miles in 26:03. I had one brief stop at the lights so kept going for the additional minute as a result but it went super. My upper back was sore as not used to it but knee and lower back were all perfect. No swelling at all.

Monday 30th I went to the gym.

Tuesday I was busy.

Wednesday - We, I'm now part of a WE! :D, went for a lovely run. I was to run for 25 minutes but all felt fantastic so ran for 30 and stopped.

Thursday - gym I think, oh yes I did as got parking ok. Place mental the last two weeks.

Friday - cleaning

Saturday - Poppintree parkrun. Thrilled is an understatement. WOW. Over the feckin moon. Anna and Laura were fantastic and ran this with myself and P. It was a beautiful morning. We'd parked at the wrong side of the park so a mini-dash to the start. I found the first lap the longest and by mile 3 was bouncing along and feeling super. Really great. Can't believe I managed it and all felt great.

My 5th parkrun to date. Knee felt perfect all day long and since so really thrilled.

'Poppintree parkrun results for event #118. Your time was 00:30:22.

Congratulations on completing your 5th parkrun and your 1st at Poppintree parkrun today. You finished in 90th place and were the 35th female out of a field of 159 parkrunners and you came 4th in your age category.'

I'm not pace watching, only the minutes and it went extremely well.

Full testing tomorrow like the 3D test at 6 months. At least now I know what to expect and have lost some of the weight, even if it doesn't feel like that after entertaining yesterday.

I obviously have a list to ask the army of people tomorrow.

Great stuff A, delighted for you.

Great news A, delighted to hear all going in right direction again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

So happy to see things coming together for you now, A! You've had such a tough journey, you really deserve some good luck now. Best of luck with the checkup and looking forward to seeing lots of training and racing being posted in the coming weeks and months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

What a journey A. Enjoy.

You are just great so delighted for you what a comeback.

• Advertisement

Ok, so not so cheery and feeling fantastic this morning but in a much better place than I was since the testing on Tuesday. Poxy form and extreme disappointment would sum up the last few days.

Monday I took it easy so no running or gym to be ready for Tuesday.

The day was to be the same as the 6 month check-up, the knee was slightly swollen starting so not perfect.
    • Get marked up with a pen and ruler like you are about to be cut open
    • Get pinned with many probes
    • Get to do all this in a sports bra and short shorts for over an hour

The exercises were the same as before and I had been feeling confident all would go great as the knee has been feeling near normal for the past few weeks with only minor swelling. Balancing and jumping isn't my forte even on the good side but I did as best as I could and the knee was ok.

They record you 3 times, there was a lot of 'fine' mentioned. I hate that word, fine.

They get you to fill out a questionnaire and have a rest before you are strapped up to this horrible machine where they test hamstrings and quads.

I then met with the physio. He reviews the images and shows me what my body is doing, both upper and lower and how it all reacts with the movements. The knee has a wobble which he has pin pointed and explained like a towel being rung out so imagine the twisting of a towel so above the knee say is going to the left and below to the right. Can be fixed with strengthening.

He was excellent at answering my list of woes.

Unfortunately another run day can't be added as I had hoped. I think this hurt most and seems to have made it the hardest week to take hence the disappointment and horrendous mood for 2 days. He said I can increase by 10% but to cut back and revert to previous run if it isn't right and to build up again from that. Bitterly disappointed. He did have positive news but there are still deficiencies in quads and hamstrings and both sides need to be built up.

I still haven't focused on the positives but I'll read the report again later and will then.

I am back with my regular physio in two weeks, I was chatting to him briefly. They organise a different physio to review you for a new set of eyes. It's a super set-up and would highly recommend for both surgery and strength work.

I was then examined by the consultants physio. She said the knee is still puffy. She was great in fairness but my mood had already slumped as I was exhausted. Testing took two hours, an hour with the physio and then my final stop.

She advised to up the weights and reduce the repetitions, which of course I wasn't doing as I was more get it done, get home.

So I arrived home extremely disappointed and peed off.

The knee then hasn't been great the last few days. I made a decision to go to the gym last night and the minute I did my knee eased, pure coincidence I'm sure.

I couldn't go to the gym on Wednesday as my legs were sore.

I went last night and did as instructed. The only change to the routine so far is to add an hamstring curl, that was weird and tough but did it.

After that something horrible happened in the knee last night, it was like something grinded or moved. Convinced myself everything was still attached and I couldn't have damaged myself with a simple movement. It had tightened up. It felt odd this morning but is better now.

Back in a week and a half to the physio.

So much for a return to normal.

In good news though the fitbit has me no longer overweight and near my goal. 2.8 lbs to go.

Advertisement