Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri magazines

Options
  • 27-01-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

What magazines (if any) do people read or subscribe to? Have only bought on the odd occasion when killing time in airports, etc. Have found the likes of 220 to be fairly crappy, repetitive and full of ads. Are there any good ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

None anymore tbh, had been subscribed to various ones through the years but found they got put on shelf and not lifted again after a while. they seem to get very samey, any info i need is available through a google search!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Triathlete Europe has good photo spreads, and its a reasonable price if you subscribe. However if you don't subscribe its not worth it.

Crucially though if you subscribe you will only get every 3rd issue and only if the athlete on the front of the cover wears your favourite colour.

So basically they are all sh1t. The real problem is much like Dublin 70.30 and the TI TOs when deeming swims safe or not they pander to the lowest common denominator and as such if you know the very very basics you have already grown out of getting the magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Triathlete Europe's print edition has ceased. I opted to get that 220 thing in its place until the subscription ran out. It's useless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Sure why would you look to a magazine when you have an online searchable resource right here with all the best experts in the country available at your beck and call?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

^ How the feck do you change text colour? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I see this guy is trying to put together a Kickstarter for an Irish-based magazine:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/493917115/tri-magazine

I figured I'd pledge €25 for a year's membership, but not looking likely that he'll hit the target at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 willow46

I like Tri Europe too… well rounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I liked Tri Europe before it stopped. Never had any time for Tri+ or 220Tri, adware at best.

Advertisement