Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is post from the UK really slow at the moment?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a couple of items dispatched from the UK since Christmas that I've been waiting two if not three weeks for. Is anyone else seeing slow delivery from the UK at the moment, as I usually only have to wait a week or so for most things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Have ordered a few things from UK based sellers on Amazon & Ebay recently (post Christmas). All have arrived in a week or less using standard delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

blastman wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a couple of items dispatched from the UK since Christmas that I've been waiting two if not three weeks for. Is anyone else seeing slow delivery from the UK at the moment, as I usually only have to wait a week or so for most things.

No, I have had 2 items arrive within 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find that it has improved somewhat if anything. I normally waited up to seven days to get items that I ordered from ebay/amazon and am now normally getting them within five days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I think ver all postage is improved from UK and also from Spain, ordered something on ebay on Monday received it on Friday, another that was ordered also Monday that was custom made received yesterday (not sure when was posted) so under a week on both cases. Another item ordered from Spain took only 3/4 days to get to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Looks like I'm going to be reporting missing items then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

If you ordered at Christmas time that can be a bit of a lottery. Your item may still be part of the backlog. No harm in contacting the seller though.

Advertisement