Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister refuses to return property

Options
  • 27-01-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My mother bought me jewellery and put it in my sister's safety deposit box. The safety box is in England. My sister refuses to give the gold back because I am engaged to a white man! Yes true!! What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

My mother bought me jewellery and put it in my sister's safety deposit box. The safety box is in England. My sister refuses to give the gold back because I am engaged to a white man! Yes true!! What do I do?

You have no rights to the safety deposit box unless its in your name. Can you prove ownership of the jewellery? You might be better off in the legal forum.

If you can prove ownership, you could potentially report it as theft

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

1. Tell her you broke up with the guy
    2. Get your jewelry back
    3. Tell your sister the truth and to grow up

We are not in the middle ages anymore! Withholding property because she does not approve of your choice of partner is absurd!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 briangriffin7

Thankyou for the reply. I have both spoken and messaged my sister and practically begged her to give me my jewellery. I've told her she is being unreasonable and infact perpetrating theft. Still she refuses.
    I do have messages where she writes
    "I won't give it back." Is this enough proof though?
    Mum has even pleaded with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Contact a legal professional, not a web forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement