Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxter Healthcare

Options
  • 27-01-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone any idea of the long term plans for the Castlebar plant? I am considering applying for an administrative job there but dont fancy it unless longterm. I know they laid off some staff in December 2013 but unsure after that.

Thanks.

Comments

toadfly wrote: »
    Hi, anyone any idea of the long term plans for the Castlebar plant? I am considering applying for an administrative job there but dont fancy it unless longterm. I know they laid off some staff in December 2013 but unsure after that.

Thanks.

They hired 200 since and have been there for 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Those US firms often hire on shortterm contracts, so some are let go from time to time

As already stated Baxter/Travenol are in Castlebar for at least 40 years, and should be about for many years yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They hired 200 since and have been there for 40 years.

Where are you pulling that figure from, they have let go over 400 staff in the last 4 years, never heard anything about them hiring 200 last year and that would of been big news in town.

Xenji wrote: »
    Where are you pulling that figure from
    Okay, it was 190.The redundancies were before that and it wasn't even half the amount you claim as the scheme was cancelled.
    Xenji wrote: »
    never heard anything about them hiring 200 last year and that would of been big news in town.

Thats odd because there was over 1000 applications ...I know several who started who are a long way from Castlebar. I assume you do look at recruitment websites for vacancies ?

Its only big news in the town when its bad news !! Some hate to see good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Baxter did take on the guts of 200 last year. I also new people who wanted the redundancy but could not get it as the scheme was reduced in numbers and over subscribed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

When jobs go, it's massive News, . .

When jobs are available, you don't need to even advertise, the amount of mgrs, dirs, senior people, hr, have enough friends, family, cousins, neighbours, friend of a friend etc. . To get in the door first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i thought they were taking over the apc building?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chitchatz

They seem to be hiring a lot at present. Although last week they supposedly laid off some of the office staff. I think they have some new contract obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Are they still hiring? What roles were they hiring for?
    Does anybody know what they are like to work for?

Advertisement