Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Campaign

• 27-01-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Anybody care to hazard a guess for when the next campaign after the current one will take place?

:)

Id say 2017 that way myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

Hopefully 2017 alright, possibly end of that year. Was onto pas maybe three weeks ago and they said 1200 have been contacted so far from this drive so that rules out the next year and a half I guess. I'm 30 now so I'd give my left nut to get in next time as I'd say it will be my last chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

i-ron wrote: »
    Hopefully 2017 alright, possibly end of that year. Was onto pas maybe three weeks ago and they said 1200 have been contacted so far from this drive so that rules out the next year and a half I guess. I'm 30 now so I'd give my left nut to get in next time as I'd say it will be my last chance.

im not far behind you at 25,

wont be too many chances left for either of us ://

Well since the ball is rolling again there won't be near the figure applying next time id imagine. Especially since jobs will have picked up in other sectors aswell, so it might start moving more frequent you never know. Your 25 so plenty of time for you. I made a mess of the aptitude test and was my own fault, I'll be more prepared next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

i-ron wrote: »
    Well since the ball is rolling again there won't be near the figure applying next time id imagine. Especially since jobs will have picked up in other sectors aswell, so it might start moving more frequent you never know. Your 25 so plenty of time for you. I made a mess of the aptitude test and was my own fault, I'll be more prepared next time.

no worries dude, plenty of time for both us, made a hash of the aptitudes myself,

what are you doing with yourself in the mean time? working college?

im working myself,

Hopefully.
    I applied six/seven years ago just before the recession hit so worst timing for me. So I Got a psa license and did bouncer for two years. Got fed up with crap hours so I got my static psa and I've been doing retail security for last three years. It's been good experience but I wish I had of joined the reserves instead back then. (Psa license prevents me working with them). But I applied for the reserves after Christmas there anyway. If I Get it and have to give up my license then so be it. might look into some voluntary work in meantime. What kind of work have you been doing yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

1200 from this one, Sickened me , i got into Band 1 top 5000 and then i made **** of them 2nd round of tests and didnt near make the cut for the top 2000. I have a bit more time only just turned 22 ,im in same boat as you i-ron in Security and will have to hand back the license whenever i get a spot in the Reserves. Would say you get interview this year since there focus is turning back to the Reserves which is good because all of 2014 it was all full time focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Opinions on bands 2 and 3? Dead ducks ??

Band 2 quite possible. At the end of the day its all about who makes the grade from band 1 and their numbers, and it seems the interview is knocking a lot of people out aswell. If I was high in band 2 i would be hopeful. Band 3 can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

mycro89 wrote: »
    Opinions on bands 2 and 3? Dead ducks ??

How many opinions on these bands do you need, nobody knows only possibly PAS, Commisioner or minister of Justice. We know as much as you do......which is nothing.

Advertisement