Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child's bag robbed from a community playschool..

Options
  • 27-01-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I had to take my daughter to a development check with the Public house nurse at a Community playschool today. Left my daughter's stroller with her little school bag on it, went into the office with her for the checkup ~10 mins. Came out and her bag was gone, the girls that worked there just shrugged their shoulders when I asked them.

I'm fuming. What scumbag robs a 3 year old's playschool bag.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,035 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The type of scumbag that thinks there might be a purse or a wallet in it. Or another child might have taken a fancy to it and whipped it... With or without their parent's knowledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

God that's terrible!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Unbelievable, I'd also be raging OP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

PLL wrote: »
    I had to take my daughter to a development check with the Public house nurse at a Community playschool today. Left my daughter's stroller with her little school bag on it, went into the office with her for the checkup ~10 mins. Came out and her bag was gone, the girls that worked there just shrugged their shoulders when I asked them.

I'm fuming. What scumbag robs a 3 year old's playschool bag.

I would be more worried about why outsiders would have access to a play school to take it.
    Did you say it to who ever was there?
    Was there door closed?
    Were there other people waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would be more worried about why outsiders would have access to a play school to take it.
    Did you say it to who ever was there?
    Was there door closed?
    Were there other people waiting?

Yes! I thought it was strange but the main door was open! Downstairs was the little playschool and upstairs is where the nurse's office was. I left our stroller with the little bag on, and there was another stroller which I saw a woman come down the stairs after meeting the nurse take. So there would be strollers often left there I'd say.

I can't get over the attitude of the staff, it was if they had nothing to do with it because I was visiting the nurse not the playschool! They couldn't give a damn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

This bloody country. Unless it's nailed down it will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Essentially you left something at your own risk as much as it sounds cold , and I don't mean to offend ,
    But it's not down to receptionist to baby sit buggies prams and so on .

Personally as a dad I wouldnt leave anything out of sight even at playgroup recently I had my youngest favourite teddy sitting under a buggy when one of the mothers took it out and put it into a bag ,
    When she was questioned she claimed she thought this toy belonged to the playgroup and was keeping it safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Gatling wrote: »
    Essentially you left something at your own risk as much as it sounds cold , and I don't mean to offend ,
    But it's not down to receptionist to baby sit buggies prams and so on .

Personally as a dad I wouldnt leave anything out of sight even at playgroup recently I had my youngest favourite teddy sitting under a buggy when one of the mothers took it out and put it into a bag ,
    When she was questioned she claimed she thought this toy belonged to the playgroup and was keeping it safe

Bloody hell, she's got some brass neck on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Are there no cameras? I would have thought all playschools, public clinics, etc have CCTV at that stage. If not I wouldn't be leaving my child there.

Advertisement