Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom DeLonge left Blink 182 again.

• 27-01-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭

Good riddance, I say. Here's Mark and Travis's side of the story.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Apparently Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio) is replacing him to play some tour dates.

Flicked on the BBC when they were covering Reading Festival during the summer was puzzling how they spoofed their way into a headlining spot at a major festival.

cant see them releasing another album under Blink 182 though given how complicated it gets around who owns the name and whether he left or not, Youd wonder if that post on instagram was a move so hell still be in the band and entitled to royalties if they continue to make music under the blink name?

Either way he clearly is not interested in that band anymore,

Id like to see blink put to bed now and mark and travis continue under +44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tom's voice has been a wreck for a long time live, or is it that he just wasn't trying/caring. It's hard for me to tell.

Skiba is a good fit I think for the short term doing Blink stuff live , hell maybe he'll be able to play Rollercoaster live, something Tom could never pull off on any of the videos I've seen of it :D And maybe he'll actually sing the songs too instead of mumbling and grunting his way through them like Tom has in recent years.

Anything live I've seen of them in recent years, it's apparent to all that Tom didn't want to be there.

Another +44 record would be great , only listened to the 1st one during the week. It has some great tracks on it.

anybody her more about that tweet tom made and deleted about mark and himself talking about kicking travis out??

want to hear more about that?

really couldnt be messier or bitchier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There was a letter from Tom earlier detailing his commitments and the rock and hard place he was between contractually with other things.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6451101/tom-delonge-blink-182-split-never-planned-on-quitting

Hard to know were the truth lies,usually it's somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭briany

Blink 182 are one of those bands that probably shouldn't be together, and needn't be together. They all have continued success with other projects after Blink had run it's course back in the mid 2000s, so why reunite? It seems the only reason they did was because Travis almost died. I predict them getting back together and breaking up, Eagles style for the next few decades, whenever they need the money.

briany wrote: »
    Blink 182 are one of those bands that probably shouldn't be together, and needn't be together.

very true! should have left it after the untitled album for me anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

They should've just let it rest after their last tour, they're all in different places now maturity wise compared to when they were younger and have so many different things going on individually that it's no surprise they're going through sh!t. When they played in the O2 here you could tell all their 'banter' in between songs was forced and put on, especially when you watched videos of them saying the same sh!t in other shows

But even AvA seems to have gone downhill compared to the quality they used to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

As a proper Loser Kid growing up, I was really upset the first time they broke up, especially as the gig in Dublin was the final one for them (that time) :(

Now, they're just whiny little moan bags - they could have easily just drifted away and done their own stuff for awhile and contemplated doing another album/tour/whatever.

I always liked the fact that Mark and Tom were best friends who made a band and it got successful.

Kinda sad they're neither of these things anymore, or else I've grown up :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement