Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon Sun, Oct 11th 2015.

Options
  • 27-01-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭

Website
    Registration
    2014 & 2013 Thread
    2012 Thread
    2011 Thread

Registration information has just opened for this. Same as last year.

Guaranteed Entry:

Time qualifier
    Men who have run a verifiable sub 3:15:00 marathon and women who have run a verifiable sub 3:45:00 marathon on or after January 1, 2013

Otherwise a lottery:

The lottery entry period will be open for six weeks starting in March. The dates and times for the lottery entry period will be available in February.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's certainly on my to-do list, Berlin this year, Chicago, some future year.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Will be entering the lottery. Wish they'd get on with it though. It sounds like it will be mid April before we will know if we are in or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Brilliant race & a brilliant city, highly recommended :)

The 2015 Bank of America Chicago Marathon lottery will open on Tuesday, March 10 at 12 p.m. (US Central Time). Runners can also sign up with a guaranteed entry at this time

The lottery entry period will open on Tuesday, March 10 at 12 p.m. (US Central Time) and will close six weeks later on Tuesday, April 21 at 12 p.m. (US Central Time).

Not quite sure why they are keeping the entry open for six whole weeks. For me, it's frustrating as I'm entered for Limerick on May 3rd where I'd hopefully be comfortably sub 3:15 and able to claim guaranteed entry. It's making me consider running two weeks earlier - even though I feel that's not a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

It's one I'm thinking about for next year maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just a bump for this, will want to get your entry in soon. Have never run a big city marathon, will see if I get a lottery pick.
    The lottery entry period will be open for six weeks and will close on Tuesday, April 21 at 12 p.m. (US Central Time).

The fee for runners who qualify for a guaranteed entry or are selected through the lottery for the 2015 race will be $185 (USD) for U.S. residents or $210 (USD) for those residing outside of the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

So anyone in the lottery for this or sent in for guaranteed entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

blockic wrote: »

I'm in the lottery for this.
    Also entered the lottery through work here. Company i work for sponsor the marathon major's so there's a lottery within the company for a limited number of places.
    My luck's not great at these things, lets hope things change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

blockic wrote: »

No, I would have been tempted though as my brother is in Chicago for the year so it would have been a good opportunity but I entered Berlin last November so that's my marathon for this year.

Next year maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

adrian522 wrote: »
    Next year maybe.

Thinking the same myself actually.

• Advertisement

Am in the lottery myself, never did a big city marathon before. Time will tell. Always a few smaller Autumn marathons if I miss out.

I'm in the lottery too.

Feeling nervous, might cry if I don't get in.

I got in!

Anyone else?

I got approved (first time entrant), logged in via the athlete center and just for the approval email.

Any tips on hotels? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Well done getting in. Its a great race.

Check out AirBnB, last year hotels were really really expensive for whole marathon weekend..

Just make sure that the AirBnB is on a rail line which heads into the loop, trains pretty frequent and quick..

i also got an email saying that i'm in. Looks like, this has been my lucky week.
    Now just to convince the missus, and get the funds together.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dodgeyankle

I didn't get in.. didn't even get a rejection email.. and im not even in the athlete centre either.. :-(
    my brother lives in Chicago and he got in.. anyone know of a tour operator that would sell entry.. idea of prices etc..
    I got a price of E1300 from sports travel international for 4 nights hotel and entry.. seems extremely steep.. and I don't even need accommodation... any info appreciated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I didn't get in.. didn't even get a rejection email.. and im not even in the athlete centre either.. :-(
    my brother lives in Chicago and he got in.. anyone know of a tour operator that would sell entry.. idea of prices etc..
    I got a price of E1300 from sports travel international for 4 nights hotel and entry.. seems extremely steep.. and I don't even need accommodation... any info appreciated..

AFAIK they are the only Irish tour operator to have guaranteed entry to the marathon Majors. When you consider flights are about €600 minimum and entry is another €200 that price is not too bad.
    Have you asked them for a price without the accommodation?

That price is just 3 nights hotel and entry.. You arrange your own flights..
    Sports travel international are based in Dublin..
    I gave afiak a quick Google and found nothing.. Do you have a link by any chance?

Oh yeah.. And they don't offer just entry.. You must use there hotel also

• Advertisement

Turns out I'm in :)
    I got no rejection email from the lottery so I emailed them. Gave name address dob email etc.. Told em I heard nothing and that athlete centre wasn't recognising my email.. And they got back to me saying that I was selected and that they had 1 letter missing in my email so that's why I didn't get a mail..
    Bottom line.. I'm in. Let the training begin..

Anyone know when coral time qualifiers can be submitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Longslowrun

I'm also in and just signed up.
    Anyone got any advice on the best day to fly to the states for this and also any advice on how best to deal with the jet lag best?
    Will be my second marathon, just finished London as my first.

Start corrals now on the website.

I got put in F but have sent in a time to get into B.

Am also in F, must submit a recent half/full myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Longslowrun

Also got put in F. I'd like to avoid the second wave though if possible. Is it easy to change?

No idea, I got an automated response to the email that I sent (with a recent marathon time). Will keep checking and like yourself, hoping to get anywhere in wave 1.

Hi Guys

How do you find out what Corral your in. I can't find out my on their website.

I got corral g.. Want to break 4 hours so am hoping to get a 1:52 or under half marathon qualifying time in Killarney next week to get into corral d/e... Training ain't gone well with the heat, so will have to hope for the best on the day..

Go to the main site.. Click participant information, then start corals... Then u will see a link to check.. Took me ages to find it also

• Advertisement

Go to the main site.. Click participant information, then start corals... Then u will see a link to check.. Took me ages to find it also

Thanks Dodgeyankle. I've been on participant info and then start corals.
    And i've clicked the link to check, but im' getting a blank page more or less. It just says 2015 Runners status then blank underneath.
    Am i missing something here...
    I've emails the organisers and am waiting to hear back.

Advertisement