Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for an accountant

Options
  • 27-01-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an accountant in Dublin (possibly Sandyford/Stillorgan) which is experienced with software companies and digital sales, including the new VAT regulation.

I already had an inteview with a couple of them, but wouldn't fit my requirements.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    Luca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Thats a very good question having the right accountant who can offer constructive advice is of huge importance. How do you find one?
    Word of mouth are you in a trade association where you could ask other people.
    I wouldn't limit yourself to the small geographical area you have defined why is going to city centre or north side a factor
    You could set out your requirements and send it to a number and ask for a proposal and quote. Include some of the big guys they may be cheaper than you think.
    Ask The Dublin Enterprise Board they may have a list with areas of expertise and advice. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

The new VAT rules are not that complicated and as a business you should make sure you understand them and your obligations. Tons of info and resources on http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/moss/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24 zioaxiom

Hi pedronomix,

thanks for your link, but I'm already aware of the regulation and I know how to manage it. The problem is that the amount of the transactions is high and this will be very time consuming for a sole trader like me.

Terry, thanks for your reply. This could be very useful!

Cheers,
    Luca

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

zioaxiom wrote: »
    Hi pedronomix,

thanks for your link, but I'm already aware of the regulation and I know how to manage it. The problem is that the amount of the transactions is high and this will be very time consuming for a sole trader like me.

Terry, thanks for your reply. This could be very useful!

Cheers,
    Luca

so your really looking for a bookkeeper is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 zioaxiom

not really. I need a person that could advice me about those things and don't have to casually found'em on the internet ;) so that's why I need an accountant.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

In the Sandyford / Stillorgan area - try Barry Prendiville or Ger Nolan at: http://www.nolanca.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

There's a stickie in the accounting forum where you can request contact from accountants by PM.

Put as much info into the request as possible, such as VAT knowledge, software and online knowledge etc and required location.

Advertisement