Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Terminal 2 - Security Queue Times

• 27-01-2015 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

I'm travelling out of Terminal 2 on Thursday on an early flight and I'm wondering if the 747 Dublin bus will get me there in time.

Should arrive at the airport at 5:40, flight is at 6:50. (70 mins).

The only obstacle will be the security check. I havent flown out this early in a while and I understand it might be busy during a weekday morning.

Does anyone have any idea of waiting times at this time of the morning ?

Thanks,
    Dan

EDIT: I realize that I may have posted this in the incorrect forum. Apologies.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I've caught 7.10AM flights from T2 and arrived at the airport on the 747 and never had a problem. Long lines at security but it moves very quickly. I've done it 6 or 7 times in the last two years and was always to my gate on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Keep an eye on the website and on the airport app. It displays security queue times. Take them with a pinch of salt but I've timed it on a couple of occasions and it hasn't been too far out. I guess if it says 5 minutes, it means "short queue", and 45 minutes "terribly long queue".

Also interesting that I spent what felt like an utter eternity in the T1 queue a while back... thought it was a total disgrace that I was waiting for so so long. When I checked my stopwatch post security.... 12 minutes. Funny how slowly time can pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Ragebflame wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm travelling out of Terminal 2 on Thursday on an early flight and I'm wondering if the 747 Dublin bus will get me there in time.

Should arrive at the airport at 5:40, flight is at 6:50. (70 mins).

The only obstacle will be the security check. I havent flown out this early in a while and I understand it might be busy during a weekday morning.
    Does anyone have any idea of0 waiting times at this time of the morning ?

Thanks,
    Dan

EDIT: I realize that I may have posted this in the incorrect forum. Apologies.

Airport Genie is only 5/6 euro, and lets you take the Fasttrack through security. Never takes more than 10 min to clear.
    I often get early flights from T2, and always get it.

That said, if you plan on arrived 70 min before your departure time (and thus approx 45min before boarding), I don't think I've ever seen the queues in T2 so big as to take anywhere near that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

This morning at 5:50, 10 minutes tops from getting up stairs to exiting security

It always varies as the destinations vary by the day, Friday is clearly going to be busier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I'm never going aboard until they change the security
    And bring it back like , it was in 2010 ,
    Too much security,
    Other thing put a subway there, so I won't have suffer paying high price meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Too much security,

You're never going abroad again, then. Or you'll be going by surface transport.

DUBs security is a dream compared to many, many other airports around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Too much security,

McDonalds, Burger King.... Hardly high priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

By the time the Subway employee has reeled off the sales pitch list of toppings and extras, your flight will have departed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    You're never going abroad again, then. Or you'll be going by surface transport.

DUBs security is a dream compared to many, many other airports around the world.

I'd agree with this. They wobbled a lot in the beginning but it's pretty smooth now.

Advertisement