Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Please Help Me

• 27-01-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm frightened I'm not going to get 360 points(I need 350) and feel like there's no time to bring my grades up that much!

The last 2 months I kind of dossed as well as 5th year.

I'm completely unprepared for the mocks especially in regards to geography, art history and biology as Im relying on them immensely for points in the actual thing!

Is it too late?

And do you have any tips for geography and art history in regards to what essays to learn?!

What I need!

English HL C1
    Irish OL C1
    Maths OL C1
    Biology HL B1
    Geography HL C1
    Art HL C1
    History OL B1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I'm frightened I'm not going to get 360 points(I need 350) and feel like there's no time to bring my grades up that much!

The last 2 months I kind of dossed as well as 5th year.

I'm completely unprepared for the mocks especially in regards to geography, art history and biology as Im relying on them immensely for points in the actual thing!

Is it too late?

And do you have any tips for geography and art history in regards to what essays to learn?!

What I need!

English HL C1
    Irish OL C1
    Maths OL C1
    Biology HL B1
    Geography HL C1
    Art HL C1
    History OL B1

Just forget everything that's gone before. Start here and now. Tonight. Those results are entirely achievable with 3 months of good study.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Montallie

Not G.R wrote: »
    Just forget everything that's gone before. Start here and now. Tonight. Those results are entirely achievable with 3 months of good study.

I completely agree. I did the Leaving Cert in 1998 and I would add that the exam is 60% study and 40% how you handle the exam itself. I think that the most vital thing is to actually address the question you're being asked. So many bright people I know spent ages writing everything in their heads about a topic and still managing not to address the question. They only discovered this when having their papers checked later. Time management is also really important. A handy tip is to jot down the points you want to include in your answer, and if you haven't got time to finish these will be taken into consideration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Montallie wrote: »
    I completely agree. I did the Leaving Cert in 1998 and I would add that the exam is 60% study and 40% how you handle the exam itself. I think that the most vital thing is to actually address the question you're being asked. So many bright people I know spent ages writing everything in their heads about a topic and still managing not to address the question. They only discovered this when having their papers checked later. Time management is also really important. A handy tip is to jot down the points you want to include in your answer, and if you haven't got time to finish these will be taken into consideration.

I wish more people understood this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 okmichael

When answering a question on the english paper, it is vital to make a plan. A plan organizes your essay and structures it.

Advertisement