Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Classic Phonewatch alarm 'Stuck'

Options
  • 27-01-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. It's an old eircom Phonewatch system that's being working fine until someone unfortunately entered some kind of 'print' menu and can't get out of it!

The display shows:

Print out y/n?
    00->00 ... 00/00

Hitting all the keys (including the escape key) doesn't help. It just sits in this menu item!

I have read the user manual but it doesn't seem to cover this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. It's an old eircom Phonewatch system that's being working fine until someone unfortunately entered some kind of 'print' menu and can't get out of it!

The display shows:

Print out y/n?
    00->00 ... 00/00

Hitting all the keys (including the escape key) doesn't help. It just sits in this menu item!

I have read the user manual but it doesn't seem to cover this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Have you got a picture of the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Hi,

I am not at the house with the alarm this evening so can't provide a picture but Here's the manual if it's any help:

http:// dropcanvas.com/w0fx7

Note it's just a temporary link for 3 days according to dropcanvas website.

(I'm a newbie so can't post proper links, delete the space after ://)

Hi,

I am not at the house with the alarm this evening so can't provide a picture but Here's the manual if it's any help:

http:// dropcanvas.com/w0fx7

Note it's just a temporary link for 3 days according to dropcanvas website.

(I'm a newbie so can't post proper links, delete the space after ://)

I think it 0 or 4 and your code that will bring you back to the main screen
    There is also a no key bottom left.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it this evening.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it this evening.

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

OK, it's solved but I'm not exactly sure what did it as we had a bit of a panic attack on the buttons!

I tried your suggestions but they didn't seem to work so we tried more buttons and suddenly the display started changing rapidly and it looks like it was 'printing' the entire log to the screen. This took several minutes and could not be interrupted with more button presses but when it ended we had control again.

As to what exactly triggered it I'm not sure but I think the last two button presses were the 'yes' key. The code may have preceded it but I'm not sure.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Alarm seems to be fine now. Thanks for the suggestions again.

OK, it's solved but I'm not exactly sure what did it as we had a bit of a panic attack on the buttons!

I tried your suggestions but they didn't seem to work so we tried more buttons and suddenly the display started changing rapidly and it looks like it was 'printing' the entire log to the screen. This took several minutes and could not be interrupted with more button presses but when it ended we had control again.

As to what exactly triggered it I'm not sure but I think the last two button presses were the 'yes' key. The code may have preceded it but I'm not sure.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Alarm seems to be fine now. Thanks for the suggestions again.

Its a very old system. Glad you got it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rockingchair1

Hi all - am new to this so i cant post image of alarm but we have alarm which we inherited when we moved house. Alarm is described in other posts as classic telecom phonewatch alarm installed in 1999. Alarm not in use so we let battery run down and turned off at the fuse box. This resolved the issue of constant voice messages etc.

We have now discovered that the fuse to alarm is shared fuse with the smoke alarms in the house. batteries have run down in smoke alarms and we need to recharge - if we recharge smoke alarm batteries it also recharges telecom alarm and the voice messages and beeps will start again.

Is there any way to disconnect fully the telecom alarm without calling out an engineer so that we can recharge smoke alarms?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is there a fused spur unit next to your alarm panel, if so when you have the electricity off just remove the fuse from it and that will disconnect the power to the alarm panel from there and you can reset the switch on your fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rockingchair1

Thanks so much Kub- that has solved the issue and the smoke alarms are charging as we speak!

Thank again

• Advertisement
Advertisement