Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with wholesaler for first time; help me with the jargon?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 6:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ordering from a wholesaler for the first time, and wanted to ask a quick question. The site I'm using displays information about items in a way I'm not familiar with. So for example, it says...

Item X
    Display Size: 1
    Displays per Outer: 4
    Outer Size: 4
    RRP: £19.99
    Trade Price: £11.66

So I'm trying to wrap my head round the jargon. Does that mean that for £11.66, I get a box with 4 of Item X inside it for £11.66? I feel given the item sells for £19.99 a pop (and it does) that £11.66 for 4 of them looks incredible value. And I tend to think that when something looks too good to be true....

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would say that is £11.66 each given the RRP. If its £11.66 for 4 and selling at £19.99 do share!!

Can you not just add that one item to the cart and see what the total comes to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Added the item to the cart and accidently ordered 36 of them :P There was a minimum order I had to bump the cart up to and accidently ordered 36.

Anyway, I got in touch with them when cancelling the order, and they say it's £11.66 each. Ah well, still some profits to be had, just not the crazy ones my inexperienced head thought.

Thanks for the speedy response jimmii.

It would want to be a pretty high volume product to justify that sort of margin its pretty tight!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jimmii wrote: »
    It would want to be a pretty high volume product to justify that sort of margin its pretty tight!

Tbh, it doesn't look a bad margin given some that I've been quoted.

I'm looking into the toy market, and all the wholesalers I'm coming across (main England so far, to avoid knock offs) have similar margins :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tbh, it doesn't look a bad margin given some that I've been quoted.

I'm looking into the toy market, and all the wholesalers I'm coming across (main England so far, to avoid knock offs) have similar margins :/

Toys should move well enough. We're homewares, gifts and accessories and we would have very few things with margin that low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement