Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running track

• 27-01-2015 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Is there a running track in the city (I know there is one in U.L) that i could access free of charge and in evenings? I am trying to up my milage after an injury and a track would really help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi All,

Is there a running track in the city (I know there is one in U.L) that i could access free of charge and in evenings? I am trying to up my milage after an injury and a track would really help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

There is one in Mary I (outside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

angeldaisy wrote: »
    There is one in Mary I (outside)

Hi there. What's the surface of the track? Its open to the public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there. What's the surface of the track? Its open to the public?
    Kinda AstroTurf, but there's only a single lane of it. Place is usually pretty deserted in the evenings, but that's probably down to the weather.

It's not open to the public but I doubt you'll have any hassle - presuming you just want a run and don't need to use the facilities inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

peckerhead wrote: »
    Kinda AstroTurf, but there's only a single lane of it. Place is usually pretty deserted in the evenings, but that's probably down to the weather.

It's not open to the public but I doubt you'll have any hassle - presuming you just want a run and don't need to use the facilities inside?

Thanks for the info.

It looks like it be better than doing a session in that sh1te track in UL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

It looks like it be better than doing a session in that sh1te track in UL!
    In fairness, it was only put in a couple of years ago and it gets a lot less (ab)use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Where in Mary I is the track? Not showing on google maps.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

It's a narrow track at the Courtbrack Avenue side, around the playing pitch/tennis court at the sports complex. It's green astroturf, so probably hard to pick on google.
    I use it sometimes, and it's grand. It's quite narrow though. Most people will keep an eye/ear for people overtaking and you won't have a problem, but there's always a few...

Advertisement