Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging a phone....

Options
  • 27-01-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

...when the pin the charger fits into has come away.

At least that is what it looks like has happened .It is an oldish Nokia 1208 and is cheap enough to just replace.

But is it feasible to get some kind of a charger that will charge the battery if I first take it out of the phone?

Something I can just put the battery in without using the normal charger that I think no longer works?

Are these very expensive? Are they easy to get ?(Maplins?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

amandstu wrote: »
    ...when the pin the charger fits into has come away.

At least that is what it looks like has happened .It is an oldish Nokia 1208 and is cheap enough to just replace.

But is it feasible to get some kind of a charger that will charge the battery if I first take it out of the phone?

Something I can just put the battery in without using the normal charger that I think no longer works?

Are these very expensive? Are they easy to get ?(Maplins?)

I always have a spare phone battery. The last one I got came with its own charger, which is handy - admittedly it's a smartphone. For me it is just for an emergency as I am a bit stupid about remembering to charge the phone when I am away. Only snag is that you have to open the phone every time you want to use a battery if you don't charge it in the phone. Anyway, I bought my yoke on Ebay, where I have always found spare batteries, chargers etc for various gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭amandstu

How do you charge your spare phone battery ?

As well as I can see you need to put the battery into a phone before you can charge it.

I just can't make a connection between the battery and the charger because the charger has broken off a piece of the phone and this piece is stuck inside the charger.

I have a spare charger and I assume the battery still works but I still have no way of charging the battery.

If I had another phone of the same model I could use it to charge the battery but I don't have one....

If I had a spare battery I still couldn't charge it either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm sorry but don't see your point! If I read it right the phone won't take the charger. Why do you want to spend money on battery charger when you can get another oldish Nokia for the same money or even free! (Ok, you have your special charger, you go out and about, phone goes flat how are you going to charge your phone on the move??)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can buy docks for some phones that have a separate part for charging another battery at the same time I had one for a htc in the past. I would have thought you were unlikely to find one for that model and if you did it probably would be more expensive than a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭amandstu

padyjoe wrote: »
    I'm sorry but don't see your point! If I read it right the phone won't take the charger. Why do you want to spend money on battery charger when you can get another oldish Nokia for the same money or even free! (Ok, you have your special charger, you go out and about, phone goes flat how are you going to charge your phone on the move??)

You are quite right but you know how it is.Even when I have got a replacement phone I will still probably scratch my head as to how I can get the old one to work.

I may even end up wasting an hour or so of my valuable time taking it to bits and looking inside
    :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement