Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iOS 8.1.3 out

• 27-01-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

just dropped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Looks like it includes no fixes for the issues called by ios 8
    Reduce the amount of storage required to perform a software update
    Fix an issue that prevents some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and FaceTime
    Address an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
    Fix an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
    Add new configuration options for education standardised testing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd be happy if it stopped my phone frequently crashing when you mix calls and the podcast app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Dades wrote: »
    I'd be happy if it stopped my phone frequently crashing when you mix calls and the podcast app.

Looks like you might be out of luck too then.

This is kind of ridiculous, it's not as if these bugs are affecting a small number of people. Yet despite the complete disregard for customer experience Apple have seen the best profits of any company ever in the past quarter.

This article from Forbes gives some indication of the level of widespread dissatisfaction being ignored.
    On the 43 page, 250,000 times viewed calendar support thread user JG in SB summed up the feelings of the many saying: “We are all pretty disappointed that Apple failed to fix this bug in the 8.1.3 iOS update. Everyone needs to keep relentless pressure on Apple to take care of this major issue quickly.”

Similarly on the 108 page long, 520,000 times viewed iOS Wi-Fi Problems thread user nazarite99 was just one of many to point out: “I did the update to 8.1.3 and it made no difference on the WiFi issue. I still loose [sic] connection.”

For context iOS 8 was released on 17 September and the calendar support thread began on 21 September while the WiFi problems thread began on 20 September.

While less dramatic, a user on a thread regarding out of order photos in iOS 8 affecting the iPhone 5S and earlier models which has run since 17 September and been viewed more than 55,000 times, contacted me directly to also confirm iOS 8.1.3 didn’t offer any fixes.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/01/28/apple-ios-8-1-3-bugs/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think the tide is going to slowly start turning against Apple post 6 and 6+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

What makes you say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Installed. At least it didn't kill the phone

so that's good I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

adox wrote: »
    I think the tide is going to slowly start turning against Apple post 6 and 6+

Couldn't disagree with this more. Android and android manufacturers are running scared now. Samsung, apparently, are in a massive redesigning process for the Galaxy s6 after having their worst quarter in years. Apparently 85% of iPhone 6 purchasers are android defectors, of which I am one.

Apple have positioned themselves for world domination again for the first time in years, and the iPhone 6 is getting glowing reviews left, right and centre, especially from users.

The fragmentation of android is becoming a real issue now. Each manufacturer with their own skin, each phone with a different OS and none of them enterprise ready in the way the iPhone is.

Advertisement