Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating Newlands Cross/Red Cow since the new flyover

Options
  • 27-01-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I am meeting my sister tomorrow - she is driving up from Dublin. As she is afraid to drive in the city i want to meet her outside the city and then drive us in.

I always used to meet her in Bewleys at Newlands Cross by I am unfamiliar with the new set-up there since the flyover is completed.

I want to know if I am driving from the city out that way is there route signposted for me to pull in at either the park n ride at the Red Cow or at Newlands Cross itself ?

Also from the other side - my sis coming in towards Dublin is it signposted for her to pull in ?

I would really appreciate advice as I'm quite nervous about arranging it tomorrow and am afraid we'll end up passing each other on the motorway! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Why not meet her at Browns barn?
    Might be easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Maybe - I'm open! Is Browns Barn signposted coming from the city side as "city west"? or is it Browns Barn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bewleys hotel isn't hard to get to with the new set up. Under the old system, you'd stay in the left lane of the N7, turn left at the traffic lights and then turn left again to enter Bewleys car park. Now, you still stay in the left lane & there are signs directing you down a slipway, that will take you to Bewleys. The signs are on the side of the road, they aren't over head. They are fairly small & would be easy, to miss if it is dark or raining, or she is in the middle lane and she has a big van to her left, blocking her view. But if she is used to driving to Bewleys in the past, she'll probably know when she is approaching the general area & will need to be in the left lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

I would carry on to the Red Cow Luas park and ride which is now much easier to reach just follow the signs coming both ways.

Advertisement