Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have trouble keeping up with new music?

• 27-01-2015 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

I was chatting to a friend the other day about Devin Townsend and I said to him that to my shame, I still haven't listened to Ziltoid 2. :o I got quite a few new albums at Christmas and some of them I still need to listen to, like give a proper few spins, only listened to D's Kingdom once so far. The new Periphery is out now, and although I was really excited about it I'm thinking I can't get it got too much new stuff to listen to as it is. New Steven Wilson album looming and I haven't listened to anything he's done since Grace for Drowning!

Anyone else kinda not keeping up with artists they like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yup. Definitely. And it was really apparent for me when I was compiling the Album of the Year lists in the thread of the same name in December.

For some reason I listened to mostly older stuff last year (by older stuff I mean music from the last few years) and not new releases. I only got around to listening to Z2 a couple weeks ago. :eek: I'm only catching up on some of last years releases now.

I have to give albums chance to absorb into my conscience before I can move on to new music. Sometimes that can take a few weeks on just one album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    I have to give albums chance to absorb into my conscience before I can move on to new music. Sometimes that can take a few weeks on just one album.

Same as, I tend to give an album several listens right the way through to really get to know it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Indeed, so much music, so little time :) It can definitely be hard to keep up between new releases, catching up on ones that I missed when they came out originally, discovering new bands I like from years ago and getting up to speed with bands I'm going to see live.

There isn't a gigantic amount of stuff out in the last moth or so that I'm into, so using the time to catch up on old albums I haven't listened to in awhile.

Part of the problem is just not having as much time as I used to :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I do indeed lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The last few years I really feel like new releases tend to sneak up on me and then pass me by. I don't dedicate as much time to checking out new albums as I used to.

I actually still haven't listened to Z2 myself either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Red Wolf

There is so much out there now it is nigh impossible to keep up. Have well cut down on the amount of new stuff I buy. As it is I find myself constantly going back to old music and stuff I listened to when I was a young one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

On repeated listens I'm finding myself enjoy it more and more. It's simple in structure and definitely has a bit of a pop vibe about it and it's damn good :). Steve's never been afraid to let his pop influences come through so it's not too surprising.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement