Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the Fixed SMS Service?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I just got a letter from Eircom titled; "Contract Change". There are removing the Fixed SMS Service. I am an Eircom Customer for over 10 years and the only reason I have a Land Line is for the House Alarm. I also have:
    eircom Talk Anytime, eMobile/Meteor 200 and Broadband Advanced Unlimited.

Have you any other alternative package?
    If not I have to re-invest in a new Alarm with GSM Dialer or pay a Monitoring Company so it will be Good Buy Eircom. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

sgthighway wrote: »
    I just got a letter from Eircom titled; "Contract Change". There are removing the Fixed SMS Service. I am an Eircom Customer for over 10 years and the only reason I have a Land Line is for the House Alarm. I also have:

If not I have to re-invest in a new Alarm with GSM Dialer or pay a Monitoring Company so it will be Good Buy Eircom. 

Have to agree to if this is the case 

i too will be cancelling maybe somebody would pm me the Cancellation email address after 30 odd years and loyalty to this Company eircom just shot themselves in the foot,

Thank God for Mobiles 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nijinksky

faolteam wrote: »

i too will be cancelling maybe somebody would pm me the Cancellation email address after 30 odd years and loyalty to this Company eircom just shot themselves in the foot,

Thank God for Mobiles 
    From my alarm service agent... if you swiitch to UPC phone (ie., port the Eircom number over to UPC), the people you have designated for texts will still get a signal - which may be just a bleep or single ring..but I would need this clarified.  I'm in the process of porting over, this feckup is the last straw for me.  PS I have 3 numbers designated, and they charge for 3 texts when the alrm goes off - then 3 more when you reset the alarm.  With a faulty alarm this could happen 3 or 4 times in one day and Eircom know bloddy well how to charge for all these txts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi sgthighway

I'm sorry to hear of the negative impact the removal of fixed SMS will have for you. To reassess your package and explore alternative options please feel free to get in touch with eircoms loyalty team on free phone 1901 or speak to one of our instant WebChat agents here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Nijinksky wrote: »
    faolteam wrote: »

Thank God for Mobiles 
    From my alarm service agent... if you swiitch to UPC phone (ie., port the Eircom number over to UPC), the people you have designated for texts will still get a signal - which may be just a bleep or single ring..but I would need this clarified.  I'm in the process of porting over, this feckup is the last straw for me.  PS I have 3 numbers designated, and they charge for 3 texts when the alrm goes off - then 3 more when you reset the alarm.  With a faulty alarm this could happen 3 or 4 times in one day and Eircom know bloddy well how to charge for all these txts :)
    thanks for info let me know how you get on 

Advertisement