Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow ink on pale skin

• 27-01-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I was looking to get a particular design done on my forearm but when I made enquiries I was told that yellow ink wont show on pale skin and also that it will bleed very quickly so the lines wont look sharp anymore.

I have some writing on my body and so far it hasn't bled out so I'm a bit confused. Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

yellow is an appalling choice for any linework. regardless of skintone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

yellow is an appalling choice for any linework. regardless of skintone.

But what if its part of a design. Basically Im getting a transport system map on my forearm and the routes are all different colours, cant really change them

seannash wrote: »
    But what if its part of a design. Basically Im getting a transport system map on my forearm and the routes are all different colours, cant really change them

The yellow will go to ****, along with any other light colors used for linework.

The yellow will go to ****, along with any other light colors used for linework.

Okay, thanks for that.

Okay, thanks for that.

I mean, if your heart is set on it, consider the inside of the upper arm - it gets almost no daylight, the colors will last better. But I still wouldn't recommend it.

• Advertisement

I mean, if your heart is set on it, consider the inside of the upper arm - it gets almost no daylight, the colors will last better. But I still wouldn't recommend it.
    Thanks, I was kinda set on it but if its gonna go to **** I won bother. The yellow line isnt exactly small so it would be noticeable. I appreciate the response though

Thanks, I was kinda set on it but if its gonna go to **** I won bother. The yellow line isnt exactly small so it would be noticeable. I appreciate the response though

how complex/large is the map?

how complex/large is the map?

Just the left half of this image

http://gretabyrum.com/files/UPL/

Oh yeah, that will go to **** unfortunately. if it is possible to do it big enough to line either side of the colors, your fine. otherwise no joy.

Oh yeah, that will go to **** unfortunately. if it is possible to do it big enough to line either side of the colors, your fine. otherwise no joy.

Aye I think Ill have to abandon the idea alright

• Advertisement

Sorry to be the barer of bad news

Sorry to be the barer of bad news

hahaha ah its okay. I was told this already so just looking for confirmation really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

A large part of my leg piece is yellow/orange, however it's quite big and my artist used black lines as a boarder let's say. Plus its on my leg so doesn't see much sunlight.

Advertisement