Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine making clicking noise

• 27-01-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Hi all thanks for reading

Quick question, my 01 1.8 petrol is after starting to make a couple of noises, 1, gurgling noise behind dash seems like air in the cooling system? 2nd problem a clicking noise coming from wheel that spins belt,when engines running if I look in I can see the wheel spinning the belt but the outer cover on wheel stops and a second or two later it starts back up again,everything is spinning as it should its just the outer plate/cover on the bottom wheel.

On the chart below its wheel No 4 thats making the noise, the inside is spinning fine its the outer plate thats stopping

post-7563-0-10416000-1317232332_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Is it early 01? Or late 01?
    What colour?

Aha. It's a Ford. At least it is if the graphic refers to the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.8 duratec? That's the aircon compressor pulley AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Image would seem to correspond with a Duratec engine, research did throw this gem up about some Duratec engines so posted here for reference for anyone with the 1.8/2.0 Duratec

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Inlet_Manifold_Fault_-_Duratec

Apparently some ticking noises can be associated with the engine about to eat the inlet manifold butterflies, something that you don't really want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

That clicking sound is your air con clutch kicking in and out nothing to worry about.
    Turn off your a/c and see does it stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭charcosull

If your A/C gas is low the A/C clutch can click on and off repeatedly.
    I had this problem and topped up the gas with a Halfords kit about 8 months ago and still going good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thanks for replies, yeah its the ac was told nothing to worry bout

Advertisement