Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet library in city centre?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be visiting Dublin soon and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any quiet libraries around the city centre where I could get some work and study done in the evenings? Preferably in D2 as it will be closer to where I'm staying.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Most libraries are quiet? Kinda comes with the territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Ilac centre has a library on the top floor. But its always full. There is another DCC library in Rathmines, which is also packed. Everyone used them for the free wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Kirby42

Birneybau wrote: »
    Most libraries are quiet? Kinda comes with the territory.

Alas, if only it were so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Kirby42 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll be visiting Dublin soon and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any quiet libraries around the city centre where I could get some work and study done in the evenings? Preferably in D2 as it will be closer to where I'm staying.

Cheers.

There's a study area upstairs in Pearse Street library in D2. Exactly what you are looking for. Think you might have to pre-book though. Give them a call to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

National Library on Kildare St - open until 1945 most evenings.

Also if you're a student in another college you can get a reader's ticket for TCD's library. You just need a letter from your 'home' librarian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Jawgap wrote: »
    National Library on Kildare St - open until 1945 most evenings.

Also if you're a student in another college you can get a reader's ticket for TCD's library. You just need a letter from your 'home' librarian.

National library isn't a normal library. You need to show ID and fill out a form to enter. Plus they expect you to get a long term card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

hfallada wrote: »
    National library isn't a normal library. You need to show ID and fill out a form to enter. Plus they expect you to get a long term card

I know, but it's free isn't it - and as quiet spots go the reading rooms are great and well supervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Advertisement