Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Turn the key on and nothing, no dash lights, nothing

• 27-01-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

sv 650
    suzuki sv 650 no light dash fuses are ok
    30 am is fine
    my battery went dead so i tried to start the bike using a power leads to my other bike and the ignoition i think was still on but when i tried to start it i notice everything shut down.
    Even when the ignition was off i could hear the bike wanting to start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Bulin wrote: »
    sv 650
    suzuki sv 650 no light dash fuses are ok
    30 am is fine
    my battery went dead so i tried to start the bike using a power leads to my other bike and the ignoition i think was still on but when i tried to start it i notice everything shut down.
    Even when the ignition was off i could hear the bike wanting to start

I'm confused. You noticed "everything shut down" on what bike? If you mean on the dead bike, what does "shut down" mean compared to what it was like before you tried to jump it? Wasn't it already dead ("shut down")?

And when you say even "when the ignition was off i could hear the bike wanting to start"...how could you hear the bike trying to start if the ignition is off and you're not trying to start the bike?

Can't really help until we know more details.

Sounds like a battery issue and sounds like you tried to solve it but why it didn't work is unclear as per your msg above.

But first thing I'd try is to take the good battery out of your working bike, ensuring it works first, and hook it up to your dead bike directly and see if *that* works. Leave you dead battery completely unplugged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

sorry i have writting differcities lol

ok i tried to start my bike but it had not enough charge in it to start it as i left my lights on. when the battery went dead i got a set of jump leads to give myself enough battery power,
    but when i tried to start it first time she had no power enough si i left it and forgot to turn my key of . when i did this i looked and thought my key was off so i was a lil confused and see no lights
    then i turned it off thinking it may help.
    when the key was on the off postion i hard the bike trying to start up for some reason,
    I chanced the battery today got a new one
    and chance the fuses in it to.
    My dad toke out the 30 amp fuse called silnight or something and found when he tried to spark it the bike wanted to start,But no lights
    there is no lights no nothing out of the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

My advice would be to get the bike to a motorcycle mechanic.

But, there might be a poster along soon who could diagnose the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

If you jumped it from a car there is a chance you fried the electrics.

DiscoStu wrote: »
    If you jumped it from a car there is a chance you fried the electrics.

na did not use a car i thought best not to i used another bike but seems a lil odd.
    hope it is not gona be to expesve of a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

If you turn your ignition is on is there any power at all?
    Does you dash light up?
    Does anything happen if you hit the start button?

If you connect jump leads to your battery do any of your answers from above change?

If you are jumping from another bike, can you borrow their battery & put it in your bike and see if any of your answers from above change?

Swapping batteries will at least rule out electrical issues if your bike works fine on the new battery.
    Check all the fuses in the fuse board to make sure none are blown.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Didn't you make some recent changes to the bike. ie the fairing. presume the lamps etc had to be changed for this. Generally when something goes wrong after you've done work on the bike it's linked to this. Check any wiring you changed when adding the fairing.

i chanced over the battery and placed a fully charged one.
    I am getting nothing from the dash. i am not even getting turn signals or dipped lights
    i know i done demage to the bike because it was on when i tried to jump start it but it was cold out and before i got to hear the bike just went dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Bulin,, gimme a ring and I will talk you through what to check while you are beside the bike.

Advertisement