Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself.

Level 29 Titan.

Just after joining the clan (2). PSN ID is galwaybigdog

Been playing since the end of last year. Havn't done any of the raids/nightfall strikes. its become obvious that im missing out on a great bit of gameplay and all that sexy loot. Joined the clan to try and rectify that.

Unfortunately, i can only play the odd weekend when im back home but id love to get involved when im about.

Whats the best way to get involved? i cant seem to find any forums in the bungie clan group that organises raids/nightfall strikes, is it all organised from here?

Cheers.

I read this like an introduction to an anonymous group.

' Hi all, level 29 Titan been playing for about 6 months and i find it difficult to think of anything else. I've tried to move on to other games but i just keep getting pulled back in.
    I know i have a problem and that the first step to recovery is admitting to myself that i have a problem. I'm so happy i found this group and that we can work together to help each other to rid ourselves of the compulsion to farm and grind our way through the same levels night after night, thanks for listening'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nevelator wrote: »
    Just wondering what weapons people use for the VOG HM? I have yet to do it - but want to have a decent set up when I do. From the gear I have levelled up I have the following setup:
    Primary: Vision of Confluence (300) or Another NiTC (331)
    Secondary: Void Peruns fire (300) or Ice Breaker (331)
    Heavy: Truth (331)

I have Praedyths Revenge & Black hammer but neither are levelled up.

Any primary is fine, except for Atheon where a VoG raid primary is essential for the oracles.

Secondary differs from stage to stage, but should usually be a void fusion or a good sniper rifle like the Ice Breaker.

For your heavy rocket launchers have pretty limited use in VoG, so I would go with your best LMG or Corrective Measure if you have it leveled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just wondering what weapons people use for the VOG HM? I have yet to do it - but want to have a decent set up when I do. From the gear I have levelled up I have the following setup:

Your guns are fine. I bring a void fusion rifle too. Usually bring the corrective measures/truth/vex and fatebringer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Rocket Launchers are much better at taking out Praetorians than LMGs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Depends on your role and what part of the Raid, personally I would use VoC all the time and switch your exotics (I'm going to base this advice on the assumption you have NO other VoG weapons like Corrective Measure):

Entrance - Truth
    Confluxes - Truth
    Oracles - Ice Breaker
    Templar - Ice Breaker
    Gorgans Maze - No Land Beyond
    Platforming Section - Husk of the Pit
    Gatekeeper - Ice Breaker the 1st Gatekeeper then change to Truth
    Atheon - Ice Breaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, as Wonda said the confluxes went pretty badly, didn't help that due to commitments one player had to leave, and then his replacement refused to join the party and communicate(he had a mic). Got through it pretty quickly when Knave joined though.

Party pretty much fell apart then after the Templar when Abuses had to leave to watch the handegg.

:cool:

What time you thinking of finishing it tonight?

:cool:

What time you thinking of finishing it tonight?

I would say around 9, but it depends on Wonda. Will try to organise through psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I would say around 9, but it depends on Wonda. Will try to organise through psn.

Ok, prob too early for myself. Prob won't be on till 10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Thanks for the advice, might try and get into a HM raid later on this week...time permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

weiland79 wrote: »
    I read this like an introduction to an anonymous group.

' Hi all, level 29 Titan been playing for about 6 months and i find it difficult to think of anything else. I've tried to move on to other games but i just keep getting pulled back in.
    I know i have a problem and that the first step to recovery is admitting to myself that i have a problem. I'm so happy i found this group and that we can work together to help each other to rid ourselves of the compulsion to farm and grind our way through the same levels night after night, thanks for listening'

That's it, that's it. You can cry if you like.

There is no judgement here.

Except if you get more than one Gjallerhorn. You can rightly get f**ked then cos you must be stealing them off us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Any primary is fine, except for Atheon where a VoG raid primary is essential for the oracles.

So you're saying that to do VOG you need weapons you can only get from completing VoG?

Presuming someone hasn't and has leg primary's, are there any types that are any way half decent against the oracles?

If you don't have a VoG Primary for Oracles, Use any decent fusion rifle, makes **** of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

AdamD wrote: »
    Rocket Launchers are much better at taking out Praetorians than LMGs

I don't have a decent Rocket Launcher so I can't really compare, but my current favourite is the SUROS for the Praetorians.

When fired down the sights 1 full clip (33 shots) was dropping a fully shielded praetorian on HM. (with the SUROS perk)

The best thing for me about it is that it stops them dead in their tracks (with the impact) as it does with nearly all enemies. So stops them rushing toward their target (e.g. Plate/Conflux).

My Rare Rocket Launcher (still highest lvl RL I have - pathetic I know!) would do a fair amount of damage to the NM praetorians, but even though it had a mag size 2, by the time the weapon was ready to fire again the Praet would be on top of you in the Plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm hoping to be on around 9ish tonight, so if you xb1'ers need a 6th for the VoG let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Hi Folks,

I've been grinding away by myself on the game for a good while now and just finished getting my alt Warlock up to level 31 (Primary is a level 31 Hunter). I've been doing Nightfalls every week with randomers on r/fireteams but I was looking to get in to a more regular group doing Nightfalls and Raids (I've only completed VOG Normal once).
    I've joined the Boards.ie clan # 2 and I got a friend request from Cormac already, but I'm not sure where everybody sets up sessions? Do you normally just put something up here in this thread?

Cheers
    PSN: Dr_Rod_Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Depends on your role and what part of the Raid, personally I would use VoC all the time and switch your exotics (I'm going to base this advice on the assumption you have NO other VoG weapons like Corrective Measure):

Entrance - Truth
    Confluxes - Truth
    Oracles - Ice Breaker
    Templar - Ice Breaker
    Platforming Section - Husk of the Pit
    Gatekeeper - Ice Breaker the 1st Gatekeeper then change to Truth
    Atheon - Ice Breaker

Why no land beyond for gorgans :D

emmetkenny wrote: »

Since the last ninja patch they had to nerf the amount of time you could actually use No-Land-Beyond seeing as it was so ridiculously overpowered.

Before that stealth patch my advice outright would have been:

Entrance - No Land Beyond
    Confluxes - No Land Beyond
    Oracles - No Land Beyond
    Templar - No Land Beyond
    Platforming Section - No Land Beyond
    Gatekeeper - No Land Beyond
    Atheon - No Land Beyond

You can only use No Land Beyond now for 5 minutes before it needs to cooldown, also you only get 1 bullet, but you can kill all the Gorgans in hard mode with 1 shot
    I've joined the Boards.ie clan # 2 and I got a friend request from Cormac already, but I'm not sure where everybody sets up sessions? Do you normally just put something up here in this thread?

Sorted you out there now, enjoy sending 70 people friends requests :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

emmetkenny wrote: »

The Gorgons lock their eyes on you, see you're holding NLB and break into an uncontrollable laughing fit, breaking their gaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ok so back again to the exotic bounties for me which means back to multiplayer... I was really trying to postpone this as I am sure some of you are well aware how horrible I am at MP, so after a lot of thinking and popping down a few valiums I decided to give it a go...

I have to complete several bounties but 2 of them in the same character (still have thorn pending so I thought it would be good practice)

Bounties are invective and bad juju

So I thought well on what weapons to use and came up with the following

Hawkmoon
    Swordbreaker
    HoC

Well so far I went 17-5 on my first and 19-4 in my second, so in two game I have already completed invective and 1700 points of the 10000 I need to complete bad juju... so absolutely delighted.

I am not sure how long this is going to last for so I wont stop until I get bad juju, just in case but really enjoyed those 2 games, first time I ever do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Took me 3 hours in the crucible to get the points for Bad Juju. How I hate PvP.

• Advertisement

Took me 3 hours in the crucible to get the points for Bad Juju. How I hate PvP.

Dont jinx it for me...

My wife must had sense I was having a good time as she came into the room and started talking about her stuff... demanding attention, die 5 times in a row, fortunately she left shortly after and everything went back to normal...

Close one though, I must remain passive and pretend I am having a horrible time in case she decided to ruin the fun for me lol-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

but I'm not sure where everybody sets up sessions? Do you normally just put something up here in this thread?

Cheers
    PSN: Dr_Rod_Doom

You can post here but there are a couple of chat groups on PSN. Just send out a message to the group when you are starting and you should get people to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Cormac... wrote: »

Sorted you out there now, enjoy sending 70 people friends requests :pac:

Cheers Cormac, got requests flyin through already, good stuff!

quad_red wrote: »
    So you're saying that to do VOG you need weapons you can only get from completing VoG?

Presuming someone hasn't and has leg primary's, are there any types that are any way half decent against the oracles?

Any primary is fine for Atheon on normal mode, but on HM having a VoG primary is a big help when destroying oracles as they have double the amount of health. If you don't have a VoG primary you should use a good fusion rifle as mentioned by Cormac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im about ready for VoG, im level 26(nearly 27). Just need to find the time now really. I have the dlc but yet to do much of it. Would It be too easy if i started using high level weapons gained from the dlc or would it make much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Went to grab the chests in the Gorgon's Maze after bolting from the Raid to watch the Superbowl (Go Pats!). Got my third Gjallarhorn, all of which have come from that chest. Makes up for the crap drops in Crota and once again not getting Fatebringer. Think I'll keep this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bohrio wrote: »
    Dont jinx it for me...

My wife must had sense I was having a good time as she came into the room and started talking about her stuff... demanding attention, die 5 times in a row, fortunately she left shortly after and everything went back to normal...

Close one though, I must remain passive and pretend I am having a horrible time in case she decided to ruin the fun for me lol-

:pac: about her stuff. .. Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok so back again to the exotic bounties for me which means back to multiplayer... I was really trying to postpone this as I am sure some of you are well aware how horrible I am at MP, so after a lot of thinking and popping down a few valiums I decided to give it a go...

I have to complete several bounties but 2 of them in the same character (still have thorn pending so I thought it would be good practice)

Bounties are invective and bad juju

So I thought well on what weapons to use and came up with the following

Hawkmoon
    Swordbreaker
    HoC

Well so far I went 17-5 on my first and 19-4 in my second, so in two game I have already completed invective and 1700 points of the 10000 I need to complete bad juju... so absolutely delighted.

I am not sure how long this is going to last for so I wont stop until I get bad juju, just in case but really enjoyed those 2 games, first time I ever do!

If there the type of scores you're getting you'll have no problem with the pvp bounties. If you're having a bad game quit and if it goes on over several games quit for the day. Guys I play with are much better at PvP than me and they all have connection issues at some point. Once you get on a roll you'll fly through them. I did the Thorn bounty in one session this weekend and got another up to 374/500.

If you have a voidwalker Thorn is pretty easy. Went with a void Plug One, void grenades and the Truth. You'd go on better streaks with corrective measures but you're more or less unkillable once you get ammo for the Truth.

Anyways I hear PvP is broken as of yesterday there's some kind of exploit. You need two Defenders and some Hunters in your team and you can do something (not sure what or how it works) that enables you and your team to have infinite supers. It's not even really an exploit it's just using the game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,936 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Another week, another likely useless and fruitless attempt at Crota. Didn't get close, at all, last night. Pain in the tits.

• Advertisement

ok boys

Its the Archon Priest!

nightfall

Arc, Solar and Void Burns again

no lightswitch

Heroic only has void burn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement