Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have completed the lvl 32 and got none. Will be doing level 34 tomorrow night. Think it's just random drops. Anybody got any yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

How much etheric light do you get from completing the Arena's?

You only get etheric light after completing level 34 and lv35 arenas (or as a drop in the nightfall / trial of osiris).

Tried the lv34 arena yesterday and it all went well until the end with the last boss. It is the hive boss with solar burn and every few secondsit will kind of use a spell and set the floor on "fire" so you are not allowed to touch it otherwise you will lose health, this last for around 10 seconds. Good if you are a warlock or a titan not so good if you are a hunter.

However I did start to get the hang of it and we got very close to killing him but one of the randomers had to leave so we couldnt finish him off

Will try again today but first I want to run the story on my last character. Lots of goodies out of the nightfall and engrams etc. About 12 legendary and 4 exotics and I still have to run a few arenas

Got the hunter gaunlets (new ones). They look great.

Happy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just had a quick run around the reef last night and only got to play the first mission. How do you access the prison of elders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

traded in a legendary engram last night and got Gjallarhorn. Traded in a Decoherent and got legendary gauntlets. Great night for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just had a quick run around the reef last night and only got to play the first mission. How do you access the prison of elders?

Complete all story missions. They're very easy if you have Thunderlord.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone get any new exotics ? Or are they only from the lvl34 and ToO ?

SAG Itchy got a set of hunter boots from the nightfall called the Bones of Eao, they add an extra jump, so double becomes triple and triple becomes quadruple.

Complete all story missions. They're very easy if you have Thunderlord.

Excellent. Ye a thunderlord dropped for me in the crucible the week before xur was selling it.

Excellent. Ye a thunderlord dropped for me in the crucible the week before xur was selling it.

Did you ascend it? It rips through everything.

Did you ascend it? It rips through everything.

I havnt yet. Like i said i had very little time with the expansion yesterday. Will hopefully get stuck into it later today and open up the prison of elders.

Is there supposed to be a daily crucible bonus too or something for a certain game mode?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I havnt yet. Like i said i had very little time with the expansion yesterday. Will hopefully get stuck into it later today and open up the prison of elders.

Is there supposed to be a daily crucible bonus too or something for a certain game mode?

Yeah it's there on the left at the top above the daily story and weeklies.

• Advertisement

As Mickeroo said. You only have to complete a match, win or lose doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody fancy helping me run one or two nightfalls tonight ? I won't be able to stay on to long :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody fancy helping me run one or two nightfalls tonight ? I won't be able to stay on to long :(

I haven't done it with my second hunter or Warlock yet, I don't fancy playing those story missions again though but that's not an issue if you have it unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I haven't done it with my second hunter or Warlock yet, I don't fancy playing those story missions again though but that's not an issue if you have it unlocked.

If you unlock it once with one character you don't have to do it all over again? Have to say been off the destiny radar for a while haven't a clue what's what....lol

I don't think you need to unlock the nightfall. I think it was available straight away last night.

I be on from 8 if on ps4 I help you out no probs m8

I don't think you need to unlock the nightfall. I think it was available straight away last night.

Ah didn't realise that!
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you unlock it once with one character you don't have to do it all over again? Have to say been off the destiny radar for a while haven't a clue what's what....lol

No, as long as the party leader has unlocked the strike you can play it, it was the same with TDB.

I be on from 8 if on ps4 I help you out no probs m8

I'm on Xbox One.

Is it worth upgrading my Gallys x 3 and icebreakers x 3 with exotic shards or keep them lads? Bring them up to 365 damage. Or is it a waste of shards..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is it worth upgrading my Gally and icebreakers with exotic shards or keep them lads? Bring them up to 365 damage. Or is it a waste of shards..?

I'd get that gally up, if it where me, and I had a gally. :(

• Advertisement

Is it worth upgrading my Gally and icebreakers with exotic shards or keep them lads? Bring them up to 365 damage. Or is it a waste of shards..?

That was the first thing I did when I loaded up the game, it was great to be able to upgrade the 300 attack exotics I never bothered re-doing in TDB too like Suros and Patience & Time.

MerryDespot did this yesterday and proceeded to use his 365 Gally as a primary during the story missions. Felt like punching him :) who need a Gally anyway :(

Won't rub it in and tell u I have 3 so.....I just edit my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i've upgraded Gally and a piece of armor - I think it is worth it.

MerryDespot did this yesterday and proceeded to use his 365 Gally as a primary during the story missions. Felt like punching him :) who need a Gally anyway :(

I got my third one last night, it's a shard now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got my third one last night, it's a shard now :P

Jackass :D I upgraded my ruin wings first so just need an etheric light now to upgrade another piece of armor and I'll be 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

God dam geeks.....lol

I wish I had their youth......

(Reflexes and aim!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Won't rub it in and tell u I have 3 so.....I just edit my posts.

:eek::mad::eek::mad:

There are only 2 Exotics left that I actually want. Gally and Hawkawesome. In relation to these two, I think I'm destined to be forever alone. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement