Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Jackass :D I upgraded my ruin wings first so just need an etheric light now to upgrade another piece of armor and I'll be 33.

You'll get 33 if you do the lvl 32 PoE as you can buy some 42 light armour in the reef then, unfortunately it only seems to be gauntlets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

hey Guys. I have that horrible realisation that I won't get all my characters up to level 32 to do the nighfall this week. I have 1 x 31 & 2 x 30.

Question: Does the new legendary/ exotic armour allow you to level to 32? Or do I need maxed level armour that is then upgraded with ethiric shards?

Basically, I'm a few acendent shards from getting my titan to level 32 (Crota raid gear), but can I can now get to 32 with the new legendary armour?

Hope this makes sense

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

thegame983 wrote: »
    hey Guys. I have that horrible realisation that I won't get all my characters up to level 32 to do the nighfall this week. I have 1 x 31 & 2 x 30.

Question: Does the new legendary/ exotic armour allow you to level to 32? Or do I need maxed level armour that is then upgraded with ethiric shards?

Basically, I'm a few acendent shards from getting my titan to level 32 (Crota raid gear), but can I can now get to 32 with the new legendary armour?

Hope this makes sense

You might get to 32 if you ascend an exotic armour piece, all you need is plasteel plating, glimmer and an exotic shard.

Jackass :D I upgraded my ruin wings first so just need an etheric light now to upgrade another piece of armor and I'll be 33.

I might be a jackass but you should have seen the state of Gerard strutting around the Reef last night with his 5 Gjallys:

JxqPXpu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You'll get 33 if you do the lvl 32 PoE as you can buy some 42 light armour in the reef then, unfortunately it only seems to be gauntlets at the moment.

Yea I'd spotted those. I've helm of saint 14 upgraded as well so should be able to hit 33 shortly. Unfortunately won't get to play much this week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

You might get to 32 if you ascend an exotic armour piece, all you need is plasteel plating, glimmer and an exotic shard.

Whoa. I though you needed an ethiric light/shard/thing. Or is that just for weapons?

Thanks for the response btw

thegame983 wrote: »
    Whoa. I though you needed an ethiric light/shard/thing. Or is that just for weapons?

Thanks for the response btw

For any exotic weapon or armour you only need an exotic shard (and however much glimmer and plasteel plating), etheric light is to ascend your legendaries (both weapons and armour).

You'll find the ascend node on the left of the upgrade tree when you inspect your weapon/armour and you'll see there exactly what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Fieldog wrote: »

But could they do it on a cold night in the wilds of Connemara.

I might be a jackass but you should have seen the state of Gerard strutting around the Reef last night with his 5 Gjallys:

JxqPXpu.jpg

I actually saw that on reddit the other day. Looks like an awesome Transformer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

But could they do it on a cold night in the wilds of Connemara.

On a 2mb eircom line..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you are only able to ascend one weapon and you have a Gjallahorn then ascend that.

You will need rockets in prison of elders. Some of the bosses are ridiculous. Myself and Mickeroo and Itchy were doing the level 32 one last night and spent most of the time running around trying to stay alive never mind actually shooting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Looking good to clock a few hours on this tonight but will probably spend the first 30+mins decoding and dismantling engrams, characters practically full, postmaster jam packed and the vault at capacity so a lot of switching out to do, good complaint I hope.

For legendarys I managed to collect 2 primary, 1 special and 1 heavy and also 1 engram for boots from the Petra challenges that were running over the weekend so hopefully get some sweet gear from them. For those of you who were hoarding legendarys from weeks back, what's the story on decoding these, are they coming in as new gear or just the old stuff?

Also anyone cash in the Queen's Favor?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    For those of you who were hoarding legendarys from weeks back, what's the story on decoding these, are they coming in as new gear or just the old stuff?

I had 3 engrams - 2 decoded as HoW, the other decoded as a TDB weapon.
    I think that you just get queens wrath rep for it.

nevelator wrote: »

Jaysus that's grand, I was holding 4 x armour and 1 x weapon so chances are good for some new gear and coupled with the newer engrams I can share these out between characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nevelator wrote: »

I think that you just get queens wrath rep for it.

You get the Wolfhunter emblem for cashing it in.

You get the Wolfhunter emblem for cashing it in.

Times 3?, that's a bit ####

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The epic disappointment when you actually try out the PoE Auto Rifle, piece of ****. They need to buff them so bad. First Trials weapon is an Auto too ffs

Will the armour/weapons at the merchants in the reef change every reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I just can't seem to get any treasure keys at all, so there's no point in me doing prison of elders

:/

wexdevil wrote: »
    I just can't seem to get any treasure keys at all, so there's no point in me doing prison of elders

:/

You don't need the keys to get weapon or armour cores or etheric light. Do the level 32 PoE and you're guaranteed to be lvl33 afterwards pretty much provided you're already 32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

You don't need the keys to get weapon or armour cores or etheric light. Do the level 32 PoE and you're guaranteed to be lvl33 afterwards pretty much provided you're already 32.

So they drop from the two side chests? I had assumed they'd only drop from the one that requires the key.

wexdevil wrote: »
    So they drop from the two side chests? I had assumed they'd only drop from the one that requires the key.

I could have sworn last night that they just drop when you finish, the two times I opened the chest I got a Gjallarhorn and a legendary machine gun called Wolf's Bane. The side chests give much the same stuff as the chests during the prowling wolves public events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Anybody fancy helping me run one or two nightfalls tonight ? I won't be able to stay on to long :(

Hey man let me know if you need help I haven't done anything on xbox yet

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I was blessed with 10 relic iron :)

Ran the quest on my hunter last night, and Petra gave me VD twice, the dirty slag!

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey man let me know if you need help I haven't done anything on xbox yet

Will do Porphy. Prob be on around 8

onlyTobes wrote: »
    I was blessed with 10 relic iron :)

Ran the quest on my hunter last night, and Petra gave me VD twice, the dirty slag!

Just cashed one in and got an emblem and a Queen's Blessing, cashed in the blessing and got 10 Relic Iron and a Treasure key....nice.

Edit: Second character got exactly the same but third only got emblem and spirit bloom. Still 2 more keys is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Will do Porphy. Prob be on around 8

Perfect I will connect at around 7.30ish and we can do nightfalls story and some poe maybe

Whatever you like your tye boss

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I could have sworn last night that they just drop when you finish, the two times I opened the chest I got a Gjallarhorn and a legendary machine gun called Wolf's Bane. The side chests give much the same stuff as the chests during the prowling wolves public events.

I got my armor core from one of the side chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I love this Gun.Perfect little backup. Pew Pew Pew!!:Dhttp://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/ff9ff919-43b3-4a70-aba2-6e2528c8c48e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I love this Gun.Perfect little backup. Pew Pew Pew!!:Dhttp://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/ff9ff919-43b3-4a70-aba2-6e2528c8c48e

How long before they nerf it I wonder!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement