Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How long before they nerf it I wonder!

I doubt it will.Its definitely not OP.I wouldnt go around with out as my primary.Its just a handy gun to have on to finish people off or shoot alot of people in the back with;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Anyone try out the Vestian Dynasty sidearm yet? It packs a punch despite its impact being rated so low!

When the new sidearm class was first announced I didn't think it would be up to much but having used this a lot last night I have to say I really really like it.

Its useless at range, not even close to that of a hand cannon but it definitely has its advantages - it can be drawn really quickly and if you rapid spam the fire button it spews out the bullets. As a close combat last-chance type weapon it is class and it can get you out of trouble. well impressed with this new space glock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    As a close combat last-chance type weapon it is class and it can get you out of trouble. well impressed with this new space glock.

Wait, what, are you saying you'd rock this over a shotty for cqb. This gun I got to try.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    If you are only able to ascend one weapon and you have a Gjallahorn then ascend that.

You will need rockets in prison of elders. Some of the bosses are ridiculous. Myself and Mickeroo and Itchy were doing the level 32 one last night and spent most of the time running around trying to stay alive never mind actually shooting him.

Just saw on reddit, and this explains why the arena seemed to calm down towards the end, the adds only spawn when you get his shield down, so if you drop his shields without killing any of them you end up with twice as many which is why the arena got so ridiculously crowded. It's a miracle we survived really. Will know for again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

dudeeile wrote: »
    Wait, what, are you saying you'd rock this over a shotty for cqb. This gun I got to try.

Not necessarily favour it over a shotgun, its different. Shotty still packs the bigger punch at close quarters but with a much faster rate of fire, reload and a bigger clip, Vestian Dynasty would be better suited for larger numbers of fast moving enemies - where a shotty might struggle. Definitely worth checking it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just did the lvl32 PoE, seriously F that cabal boss especially annoying when there was only two of us. Thank god for the self revive!

Oh forgot to say, got the armour core and bought the kellbreaker gloves so I'm now 33 ^_^

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just did the lvl32 PoE, seriously F that cabal boss especially annoying when there was only two of us. Thank god for the self revive!

Yeah he was the one we had trouble with last night, see my post above regarding the adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

wexdevil wrote: »

Oh forgot to say, got the armour core and bought the kellbreaker gloves so I'm now 33 ^_^

If you think tha cabal is hard wait for the lv34 arena...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it always the same boss at the end at each difficulty level?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

awec wrote: »
    Is it always the same boss at the end at each difficulty level?

It'll be the same boss at the end of each specific named dungeon. This weeks lvl 32 dungeon will be next weeks lvl 34 (if im not mistaken). The name of the dungeon run wont change, just the lvl.

• Advertisement

It'll be the same boss at the end of each specific named dungeon. This weeks lvl 32 dungeon will be next weeks lvl 34 (if im not mistaken). The name of the dungeon run wont change, just the lvl.

Ah right, I thought it was just random, so you could end up with a different boss each time you play.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah right, I thought it was just random, so you could end up with a different boss each time you play.

No no. This weeks level 32 dungeon boss is Hive. This dungeon (whatever the name of it is) will always have the same boss. It'll just become next weeks level 34 dungeon. There are five different named Dungeons that will rotate in and out every reset, with each dungeon moving up in difficulty up to level 34. It will then drop out of the playlist until it get's pulled back in at level 28. The level 35 dungeon (Skolas' Revenge I think it's called), will always be the level 35 Dungeon. This one is outside of the rotation paramaters.

(This is my understanding of it anyway)

EDIT: Unless you mean each week, the level 28 / 32 / 34 boss will be different? Then yes, but as above, the 28 will become 32, the 32 will become 34 and the 34 will drop out for a new one at 28, with each reset.

No no. This weeks level 32 dungeon boss is Hive. This dungeon (whatever the name of it is) will always have the same boss. It'll just become next weeks level 34 dungeon. There are five different named Dungeons that will rotate in and out every reset, with each dungeon moving up in difficulty up to level 34. It will then drop out of the playlist until it get's pulled back in at level 28. The level 35 dungeon (Skolas' Revenge I think it's called), will always be the level 35 Dungeon. This one is outside of the rotation paramaters.

(This is my understanding of it anyway)

We fought a hive boss in the 4th round and a Cabal one in the final round on the lvl32.

We fought a hive boss in the 4th round and a Cabal one in the final round on the lvl32.

Ok, so next week, this dungeon will be at level 34. Same boss at the end though.

I got confused. I ran the level 28 only, which is a Hive boss at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »
    If you think tha cabal is hard wait for the lv34 arena...

Its not too bad tbh, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Have finished the lvl 34 on each character at 33 which seems a bit easy. Going to try 35 later on at 34, hoping its a proper challenge. If anyone's struggling with the 34 boss use bubbles with blessings of light, can just jump up and down in bubble and everytime you re-enter you get full health.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

The level 34 isn't too difficult it just takes some, teamwork

AdamD wrote: »
    Its not too bad tbh, I'm actually a bit disappointed. Have finished the lvl 34 on each character at 33 which seems a bit easy. Going to try 35 later on at 34, hoping its a proper challenge. If anyone's struggling with the 34 boss use bubbles with blessings of light, can just jump up and down in bubble and everytime you re-enter you get full health.

We were 3 hunters was not pretty I tell you

Can wait to try again with my titan though

Bohrio wrote: »
    We were 3 hunters was not pretty I tell you

Can wait to try again with my titan though

Yeah our first run was 2 Hunters and a Warlock, involved a lot of dying and reviving but we managed it. Second run had 2 Warlocks and a Titan and was alright, 3rd run had 2 Titans and was very straightforward. Completely negates the ground burn.

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah our first run was 2 Hunters and a Warlock, involved a lot of dying and reviving but we managed it. Second run had 2 Warlocks and a Titan and was alright, 3rd run had 2 Titans and was very straightforward. Completely negates the ground burn.

Yes it was hard enough, didnt help that it was 3 am as well... will give it a go tomorrow as I have all day to play, once I finish that and reach level 34 I will delete a hunter and create a titan on PS4

I still like it, but I am not sure if it will be challenging enough though as I will probably become a bit repetitive after a while, easy rewards though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You don't need the keys to get weapon or armour cores or etheric light. Do the level 32 PoE and you're guaranteed to be lvl33 afterwards pretty much provided you're already 32.

If Noone has a Key, I don't think anyone gets Armour/Weapon Cores AFAIK. At least 1 of you has to have a key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭klose

Do i have to finish the story misson dlc or something to unlock the prison of elders? All that shows up on the reef segment of the star map is the vestian outpost.
    Also, i keep getting randomly instakilled on that misson where the vault of glass raid takes place on venus, the mission called wolves gambit. As im blowing up the 6 oracles it eventually says in the gottom left "oracles cry" much like the youve been poisioned one etc... And them i just randomly get killed??

Cormac... wrote: »
    If Noone has a Key, I don't think anyone gets Armour/Weapon Cores AFAIK. At least 1 of you has to have a key

Cores have nothing to do with keys. They drop when you open the side chests which require no keys.

klose wrote: »
    Do i have to finish the story misson dlc or something to unlock the prison of elders? All that shows up on the reef segment of the star map is the vestian outpost.
    Also, i keep getting randomly instakilled on that misson where the vault of glass raid takes place on venus, the mission called wolves gambit. As im blowing up the 6 oracles it eventually says in the gottom left "oracles cry" much like the youve been poisioned one etc... And them i just randomly get killed??

Yes, you need to do the story first.

klose wrote: »

You need to kill the Oracles as fast as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Jumped back into Destiny for the first time in about two months. Feels good to be back. I played the first new story mission and found it quite tough actually. They certainly throw plenty of enemies at you in the Darkness zone.

Jumped back into Destiny for the first time in about two months. Feels good to be back. I played the first new story mission and found it quite tough actually. They certainly throw plenty of enemies at you in the Darkness zone.

The first new mission is the hardest one to be honest. The others are pretty easy.

It was the same in The Dark Below, the first new mission was the hardest there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Finished 34 tonight. Really not that bad and will be handy as when we're all lvl 34. Titan is almost a must for the final boss though. Could get away without one if your coordination is tight but it's just easier with titan.

Just skilled Skolas there, similar to this:

Probably more difficult than it looks there and if they remove the Solar burn it'll be seriously difficult. Anyway, a day of no lifing over, back to reality :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Got to the fourth round of the 34 Arena with BeanbagJohnny and Itchy last night ... we just weren't able to get past the mines before I had to drop off to get some sleep!

Frustrating though ... we were so close a couple of times but the amount of arc damage flying around was intense.

32 Arena is fairly easy ... even at 32 light. All characters up to 33 ... though I did 'waste' my NF earned etheric light through upgrading my Fatebringer to 365.

The head said upgrade armour ... the heart said FATEBRINGER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Skolas Mechanics Explained (robbed from Reddit):
    1) Servitor Buff:

When you enter the arena, Skolas will be near you, with a bunch of adds scattered around. To the sides, however, you will find these white Ghostly servitors. This Mechanic #1:

You need to kill this Servitor to be able to deal proper damage to Skolas (kind of like Time's Vengeance), without it, you will barely touch his health.
    Once you kill this Servitor, you will be given a buff for 20 seconds, which will say something like "the Servitor bonds are weakened". Take this time to damage Skolas.
    If you kill another Servitor, while the buff from a previous Servitor was active, this will simply refresh the buff back to 0:20, it will not stack beyond 20 seconds.
    Once Skolas is at 50% health, however, you will no longer need to kill these Servitors, and will be able to damage Skolas normally.

2) Devouring Essence:

This is a debuff. It will activate once Skolas reaches 50% health, and will affect one player at random.
    It will make your screen turn green (sort of like Thorn), and a 30 second countdown will appear. Once this countdown goes to 0, you will die.
    This requires precise teamwork. If you are tainted with this debuff, you will have to transfer this to another player (like how to transfer the Chalice of Light in CE).
    It's not that simple, however. Let suppose there are 3 players, A, B, and C. If A gets affected by the debuff, he must pass it on to B before he dies. Once B has the debuff, the timer will return to 0:30, however, B cannot pass this back to A, as A will be 'immune' for 35 seconds, and unable to take the debuff. B will then have to transfer this to C, who will then transfer it to A, rinse and repeat. So: A -> B -> C -> A...
    This debuff will stay throughout the fight, all the way to the end, so make sure to coordinate.

3) Dismantling Mines:

Much like the previous rounds, this mission will contain 2 critical objectives.
    It will pop up first when Skolas reaches 50% health, you will have to dismantle 3 mines, A, B, and C.
    It will then pop up again, when Skolas reaches 25% health, 3 mines again.
    You will have to dismantle them in the time window you are given, or will die.
    That is all for the mechanics. Below, I have summarised this with reference to Skolas' Health. (100% = full health, 0% = dead)

Linear Health Version:

100% - You will have to kill the servitors to gain a buff and damage Skolas
    100% - 50% - Damage Skolas, keep killing servitors to be able to deal proper damage, stay alive.
    50% - First Critical Objective (Defuse mines) pops up
    50% - You no longer need to kill servitors to damage Skolas
    50% - One of you will get marked with the debuff
    25% - Second Critical Objective (Defuse mines) pops up
    0% - Rekt n Phat Lootz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement