Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Won't be going near Skolas until I am level 34 I reckon.

Haven't even attempted PoE 34. Have done two runs through 32 - Titan and Warlock. No idea how I will get through 32 as a hunter!

Hopefull there will be some groups doing attempts at 34 over the weekend. With a couple of completions I could have at least one of my characters at 34 by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Won't be going near Skolas until I am level 34 I reckon.

Haven't even attempted PoE 34. Have done two runs through 32 - Titan and Warlock. No idea how I will get through 32 as a hunter!

Hopefull there will be some groups doing attempts at 34 over the weekend. With a couple of completions I could have at least one of my characters at 34 by next week.

Yeah, same here, just finished my 2nd run of the Story/Petra Bounties last night.

So have outstanding:
    1 more NF
    1 more 5xStory and Petra Bounties
    2x28 and 2x32 PoEs to do
    3x Daily Crucible Playlist Matches (passage coins)

I'd say once that's all done I'll have my 3 guys to 33 (using 3 Armour Cores) than ideally get a chest piece from ToO so I'd be 33.5

Hopefully I'll get some Etheric Light from my 3rd Nightfall.
    If not, one I have all that done, I might give the lvl34 PoE a shot at 33.5.
    I know it's not meant to be overly difficult but I don't enjoy playing the game under levelled.

So if any one is up for doing the NF, 5xStory, PoE28 and PoE32 this evening, let me know. I prefer to do it in a group for the Lolz

All in all, plenty to keep me busy this week so not really fussed about hitting 34 :)

Really liking the 4x Crucible Maps too compared to the Dark Below ones.

Widows court and the Mars one are a Novabombers dream in Control :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I do the lvl 34 tonight I'll get my hunter to 34, so will be on for a crack at both the 34 and 35 PoE if we start early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah, same here, just finished my 2nd run of the Story/Petra Bounties last night.

So have outstanding:
    1 more NF
    1 more 5xStory and Petra Bounties
    2x28 and 2x32 PoEs to do
    3x Daily Crucible Playlist Matches (passage coins)

I'd say once that's all done I'll have my 3 guys to 33 (using 3 Armour Cores) than ideally get a chest piece from ToO so I'd be 33.5

Hopefully I'll get some Etheric Light from my 3rd Nightfall.
    If not, one I have all that done, I might give the lvl34 PoE a shot at 33.5.
    I know it's not meant to be overly difficult but I don't enjoy playing the game under levelled.

So if any one is up for doing the NF, 5xStory, PoE28 and PoE32 this evening, let me know. I prefer to do it in a group for the Lolz

All in all, plenty to keep me busy this week so not really fussed about hitting 34 :)

Really liking the 4x Crucible Maps too compared to the Dark Below ones.

Widows court and the Mars one are a Novabombers dream in Control :)

Was it any faster geting through the story missions plus bounties and nightfall the second time around?

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Was it any faster geting through the story missions plus bounties and nightfall the second time around?

Yes, since we knew where the minor Target bounties were and we knew the missions layouts a bit better (1st one and 5th one are the only hard ones really) and the NF is not too bad once you've completed it once

Plus without you dying on the 5th mission platforming section for an hour and getting disconnected i'd say we reduced our time by half :pac:

Also I wasn't fecking around looking for dead ghosts the whole time :o (speaking of which)

Was more like 3 hours, instead of 6.... but we did a lot of messing around with Engrams etc on Day 1, plus there was some smatterings of the new Crucible maps here and there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If I do the lvl 34 tonight I'll get my hunter to 34, so will be on for a crack at both the 34 and 35 PoE if we start early enough.

I need to do two lots of story and 3 level 32 POE. Think I'll just do two 32 POE tonight though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I need to do two lots of story and 3 level 32 POE. Think I'll just do two 32 POE tonight though.

I don't think I'm going to bother unlocking PoE on my other two characters just yet, playing through the story missions once was bad enough. If I can't get a group for the lvl 34 I'll happily help with the lvl 32 PoE since I have 3 keys still to use.

playing through the story missions once was bad enough.

Ummm.... wut? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got through the missions in less than an hour yesterday on the lowest levels running past all mobs. The earth mission where youre just in a field with ships dropping is hilariously bad

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »

Plus without you dying on the 5th mission platforming section for an hour and getting disconnected i'd say we reduced our time by half :pac:

Haha, come on, it wasn't that bad!! Granted it did take me a few attempts.... Cough, excuses, cough. :o

Fecking jumping puzzles - who needs them anyway...

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Got through the missions in less than an hour yesterday on the lowest levels running past all mobs. The earth mission where youre just in a field with ships dropping is hilariously bad

At least they're mercifully short I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

3 NF and weeklies still to do.
    2 more 5 x Story and Petra Bounties
    2 28 3 32 PoE's to do
    3 Daily Crucible Playlist Matches

Hopefully can get on tonight to clear some of it at least.

My todo list:

Weekly*2.
    PoE32*1
    PoE34 at least once.

Might skip the weeklies - depends on what Xur is offering, and whether I need strange coins.

PoE34 is the main one I want to do.

3 NF and weeklies still to do.
    2 more 5 x Story and Petra Bounties
    2 28 3 32 PoE's to do
    3 Daily Crucible Playlist Matches

Hopefully can get on tonight to clear some of it at least.

I'll do at least one full run through (NF -> Story -> Crucible Daily) on a character depending on what time you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think I'm going to bother unlocking PoE on my other two characters just yet, playing through the story missions once was bad enough. If I can't get a group for the lvl 34 I'll happily help with the lvl 32 PoE since I have 3 keys still to use.

Oh look at the fella with his three keys and I've Zero :(

Cheers will send you an invite later.

They've really messed up the key system in this. None of us had keys for our level 35 so we never got the shader/ship/emblem which should be automatic rewards. You should get keys for beating each level once a week, making us farm for them is utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

It's mad how random it is. I seemed to hit a purple patch yesterday where I got two keys, token of identity and two tokens of flight in the space of three chests.

Before that I'd had nothing but blue engrams drop for me for days.

At least the wolves drop more frequently than the Hive Knights

Two of the keys I've gotten so far have been from Queen's Favour.

Two of the keys I've gotten so far have been from Queen's Favour.

Can you explain this? Hoping to get a key tonight so I can get the shader

Can you explain this? Hoping to get a key tonight so I can get the shader

I got a queen's favour on Monday when I went to Petra after doing story mssions and it gave me a key, then yesterday I got one when I ranked up the queens wrath after handing in bounties. I think queens favour is the queen's wrath equivalent of the packages you get for ranking up other factions.

• Advertisement

How do you rank up Queens Wrath now? Do you get rep for it via PoE or Trials? Or will the bounties refresh on a weekly basis?

How do you rank up Queens Wrath now? Do you get rep for it via PoE or Trials? Or will the bounties refresh on a weekly basis?

Wait till next week it looks like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just when i thought i had a grasp on currencies and materials and different marks they introduce more stuff, god help us when they start making the next expansions/games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ran through PoE last night and didn't jump down the holes, so I didn't get my chest. :mad:
    Then went on to try the nightfall with 2x30 and a 31, couldn't get passed the walker. It was chaos.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They've really messed up the key system in this. None of us had keys for our level 35 so we never got the shader/ship/emblem which should be automatic rewards. You should get keys for beating each level once a week, making us farm for them is utterly ridiculous.

Especially when the farming is so mind numbingly boring.

was playing PoE28 last night with two match made players... match made MORONS more like.

4 rounds we wiped because I was the only one attempting to defuse the mines. might have been 5 or 6 times.... I was angry. They just ran around the edge of the maps shooting stuff. I managed to defuse 3 or them in one of the rounds and hoped they had coped what I was doing but NOPE. Next round, no help and no protection. When I died, one of them ran over to me (JUST UNDER THE MINE), revived me and then ran away.

I rage quite, match made again and got through it without a wipe. Reward: Dragons Breath. A bigger kick in the nuts than the 9 strange coins i got for the nightfall!

awec wrote: »
    Especially when the farming is so mind numbingly boring.

It should be a guaranteed drop from the 34 and 35, really, or at least a semi regular drop.

I've done 3 PoE28, 2PoE32 and a LOAD of chest farming and only got 1 key from it all.

I'm sure others are the same, or didn't get any key apart from the one you get in the story mission.

I've done 3 28s, 3 32s, 3 34s and a 35 and haven't seen a single key drop for me or a team mate. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got a legendary engram from the nightfall while everyone else gets exotics

;-;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

As Mick mentioned earlier ... you'll get keys dropping from levelling up Queens rank above level 3 - so there's incentive there to grind the bounties out to hit higher ranks. I'm close to level 3 now on my Warlock so hoping another key drops.

That would at least guarantee one key a week, together with any random drops from chests. That's another exotic drop chance on top of raids and NFs. Nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement