Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok so a hard couple of days I had. Finally able to level my hunter and my Titan to 34 on Xbox, and my hunter to full 42 light armour (all 4) also upgraded my Fatebringer, solo Crota on normal, it was ridiculously easy.

Anyway, the lv34 PoE turns out is not that hard at all, did it again with Gerard and the Bag (I think we were all 33s) with my hunter and went quite well (not the 35 though, that didnt go as well, mostly because it was 4 am and after 48 of only 2 hours of sleep I couldnt distinguish between fallen, cabals or what.

Anyway the 34 is now under control it is time to move to the 35 one.

Just wanted to mention one thing, your man Variks sells, along with armor and weapons something called judgement chance, basically you give him an armor core and a weapon and he will give you a random item, but just to warn you, he will give you either a random piece of armor or a random weapon, not both! so make sure you think twice before using it.

I have done it 3 times, on ps4 I got the helmet (interesting looking) called kellhunter's sight and a fusion rifle (365 damage) called servant of aksor.

On Xbox I got the scout rifle (it feels pretty nice) can't remember the name.

Anyway I took the chance and it worked ok but just be aware that you might do this to try to get a different armor but you might end up getting a weapon!

If you get a Judgement chance off him and it does turn into armour is this armour for the class you purchased it with or a random class ?

Edit: Ran some HOW story missions tonight and was on Venus when I bumped into Steve. He wouldn't dance with me so I punched him for a while. Then he left :( What gives Steve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you get a Judgement chance off him and it does turn into armour is this armour for the class you purchased it with or a random class ?

Edit: Ran some HOW story missions tonight and was on Venus when I bumped into Steve. He wouldn't dance with me so I punched him for a while. Then he left :( What gives Steve ?

Thats so Steve!

Well for me it was for my own class, IMO I doubt it would give you armor for another class as he will only sell armor of your specific class anyway

Will be online tomorrow and the weekend if you need help or what to do some PoE?

Thats so Steve!

Well for me it was for my own class, IMO I doubt it would give you armor for another class as he will only sell armor of your specific class anyway

Will be online tomorrow and the weekend if you need help or what to do some PoE?

Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow. I'd to get a new Gold membership tonight so can do the POE next time I'm on. Also might run some raids really fast over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Class you purchase it on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Random and frequent disconnections are back for me, its soul destroying at this stage. Happening most at keys points as well and I am losing out big time!!!! While playing tonight disconnected 6 times ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Managed to beat the Lvl 34 PoE after being a bit cocky and more of less 2 manning the Lvl 32 version for the most part.

Was a pretty rewarding experience but being under levelled was a pain. We had to cheese the 2 waves of mines at round 4 through as they were causing issues. The Abyss Defiant with Hip Fire shredded the Cabal big time :)

Delighted, felt good to finally kill the boss even if Optimus nearly got kicked as we were entering the treasure room haha

Took s about 2.5 hours haha

71sPWVB.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just got a gally for PoE lvl28!
    Kinda feel bad that I'll probably forget about truth now!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Ah I'm sorry bud! My Destiny play time is being severely limited by the new house, and we also adopted a dog on Wed. I was away playing with him. I'd just finished Patrolling Venus and forgot to go to orbit.

I'm aiming to squeeze a couple of hours in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Random and frequent disconnections are back for me, its soul destroying at this stage. Happening most at keys points as well and I am losing out big time!!!! While playing tonight disconnected 6 times ffs!

Same here Wonda, been getting disconnected left, right and centre all week. Also getting removed from party chat at the same time.

Are you with UPC? It looks to me like its an issue with UPC as the fireteam are ok. PSN was under attack earlier in the week so it might be a hangover from that too. Either way its a pain in the ar$e and I hjope it stops soon as.

Ah I'm sorry bud! My Destiny play time is being severely limited by the new house, and we also adopted a dog on Wed. I was away playing with him. I'd just finished Patrolling Venus and forgot to go to orbit.

I'm aiming to squeeze a couple of hours in tonight.

While you were standing there you missed one treasure chest and a public event :P

What you call the dog ? DinkleDog ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got the lvl34 PoE done last night handily enough with Merry and Gerard and then the lvl35 too with Bag and Gerard. Lvl35 was grand until Skolas which took a fair few tries though in the end he went down in under a minute. The Servitor boss in round 4 was an awful bullet sponge but I don't think we wiped on him.

No amazing loot for me, got the queen's pulse rifle from the chest and traded in my armour and weapon core for one of those surprise packages which gave me the PoE pulse rifle. Ship and shader too which I'd imagine everyone will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Same here Wonda, been getting disconnected left, right and centre all week. Also getting removed from party chat at the same time.

Are you with UPC? It looks to me like its an issue with UPC as the fireteam are ok. PSN was under attack earlier in the week so it might be a hangover from that too. Either way its a pain in the ar$e and I hjope it stops soon as.

Yeah UPC, 250mb line......missed a chest in bounties and in PoE because of it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Got the lvl34 PoE done last night handily enough with Merry and Gerard and then the lvl35 too with Bag and Gerard. Lvl35 was grand until Skolas which took a fair few tries though in the end he went down in under a minute. The Servitor boss in round 4 was an awful bullet sponge but I don't think we wiped on him.

No amazing loot for me, got the queen's pulse rifle from the chest and traded in my armour and weapon core for one of those surprise packages which gave me the PoE pulse rifle. Ship and shader too which I'd imagine everyone will get.

Good stuff. How long did it take you 3 to do it? Were you all level 33? I did level 32 PoE with Merry and Johnny a couple of times last week. Great fun apart from the nervy round 5.

While you were standing there you missed one treasure chest and a public event :P

What you call the dog ? DinkleDog ? :D

Dinkledog would have been great, but I'm sure the missus would have vetoed that! We adopted him from a shelter. He was already named Wall-E and we liked it, so we're keeping it.

Yeah, I think I was waiting for one more Wolf run and then I got called away. I had just finished the Queens bounties and a Patrol bounty on Venus.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good stuff. How long did it take you 3 to do it? Were you all level 33? I did level 32 PoE with Merry and Johnny a couple of times last week. Great fun apart from the nervy round 5.

For the 35 we were all 34s and for the 34 me and Merry were 33 and Gerard was 34 I think. The 35 took maybe 2.5 hours the 24 only an hour maybe. The servitor boss in round 4 of the 35 took ages and then with the last bit it was like Crota all over again with wipe after wipe but he goes down quite easy if all the variables click. Strategy was basically pummel him with 14 or so Gjally rockets each with weapons of light.

Bag was on about sticking the video of it up at some stage.

Xur is back to his old tricks

Excellent stuff he brought with him

No back up plans
    Radiant Dance Machines
    Starfire Protocol
    The Last Word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Xur is back to his old tricks

Excellent stuff he brought with him

No back up plans
    Radiant Dance Machines
    Starfire Protocol
    The Last Word

Is the last word worth buying?

Hococop wrote: »

Yup, but only for PvP.

He has an exotic helmet engram too I think, surprised he doesn't have any new stuff. Might spend all my motes of a few exotic engrams as motes are pretty easy to come by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hococop wrote: »

Yes. For PvP. PvE wouldn't miss it. I only use it for PvP. Exotic Hand Cannons seem to be the leading contenders in the meta at the moment.

Is he selling exotic shards?

• Advertisement

Yup, but only for PvP.

He has an exotic helmet engram too I think, surprised he doesn't have any new stuff. Might spend all my motes of a few exotic engrams as motes are pretty easy to come by now.

Dont do it if you are hoping to get a new exotic weapon as engrams do not seem to enconde in new armor (I can't confirm this though but the engram itself doesnt have the II number on the top left when I look at the engram from the destiny app)

I trade 3 got 3 old exotics, just warning you!

Dont do it if you are hoping to get a new exotic weapon as engrams do not seem to enconde in new armor (I can't confirm this though but the engram itself doesnt have the II number on the top left when I look at the engram from the destiny app)

I trade 3 got 3 old exotics, just warning you!

Engrams never had the number in the top left, I think it's just RnGesus making fun of you again :P I think I'll chance it anyway to get the cryptarch up another rank.

Engrams never had the number in the top left, I think it's just RnGesus making fun of you again :P I think I'll chance it anyway to get the cryptarch up another rank.

lol

They do! but you can't see it from the game itself, I can see it on my broswer using a 3rd party app

lol

They do! but you can't see it from the game itself, I can see it on my broswer using a 3rd party app

I declare shenanigans on that, folks on reddit are reporting getting new exotics from the engrams, someone got Eternal Warrior and The Ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

According to Reddit Engrams can decode to be new DLC helms if you believe people on the internet.

Alos Xur cannot sell HoW DLC exotic weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I declare shenanigans on that, folks on reddit are reporting getting new exotics from the engrams, someone got Eternal Warrior and The Ram.

Can confirm I got the ram from the random exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Rolled about 17 helmets, got 2 of the new Hunter and Titans but no Ram!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

AdamD wrote: »
    Rolled about 17 helmets, got 2 of the new Hunter and Titans but no Ram!

I bought 9 and got sweet FA

You got 9 exotic shards! Yay!

• Advertisement

Glad to be proven wrong!!! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement