Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone think we should edit the first post to include where all new DLC items drop?

Eg
    Etheric Light Nightfall
    Raids

Armour Core
    Keys
    Etc.

Cormac is usually good at these things. If not I'll do up a Google docs over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is is normal Crota that there's a chance of etheric light dropping or hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok it def works, got the RAM now and 5 mask of the third man.. now Iwill need to create a new warlock on PS4 as well!!

PS and two eternal warrior titan helms...

Doesnt want to give me a helm for my hunter the bas...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone think we should edit the first post to include where all new DLC items drop?

Eg
    Etheric Light Nightfall
    Raids

Armour Core
    Keys
    Etc.

Cormac is usually good at these things. If not I'll do up a Google docs over the weekend.

Good idea in theory, but in practise it would be a pain as each time a rumour is dispelled or a patch makes a critical change we'd have to amend the OP.

There are some pretty good references on Reddit in the Destiny section (especially the Megathreads and Ultra Threads)

Ultra (summary of dailies and more):
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36gyv2/weekly_ultrathread_051915_052515/

Mega (Daily):
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36sl7b/weapon_reforge_megathread_may_21st_2015/

Front page filtered to show Megathreads only:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/search?q=flair:(MegaThread)&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&t=all

It's very rare I wouldn't check the front page each evening while in orbit and Filtering to show Super Good Advice threads only (example below):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/search?q=flair%3A(SGA)&restrict_sr=on&sort=hot&t=day

I think we'd be imposing on Retro in a big way if I kept asking him to amend the OP to be fair.

I think from experience (and feedback) we're better off keeping the discussion here though.
    Is is normal Crota that there's a chance of etheric light dropping or hard?

Redzer said someone got it on Hard mode

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

You got 9 exotic shards! Yay!

Just bought a 10th one and got a hunter helm called Celestial Nighthawk

• Advertisement

Hey another thing I noticed you can now discard consumable such as spin metal etc... thank God it was completely filling up all my inventory, have like over 900 of them

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey another thing I noticed you can now discard consumable such as spin metal etc... thank God it was completely filling up all my inventory, have like over 900 of them

I wish we could discard secondary ammo synths too :(

I think I spent most of my mote's of light reforging the ILL WILL hand cannon last night :(

Cormac... wrote: »
    I wish we could discard secondary ammo synths too :(

alright... so that was always there then... it was the ammo synth thats annoying me now then, ,sorry got confused as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I always like to have secondary synth. Great for long sniping stints.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I always like to have secondary synth. Great for long sniping stints.

yeah I use to do as well, but know I have over 120 of them taking 6 slots... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, well ****.
    I have 20. :pac:

Christ I'd say I have over a 100 special ammo synths and 1000 spin metal from farming those chests and I can't fecking use them quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just bought a 10th one and got a hunter helm called Celestial Nighthawk

Nice. That's the single mega shot Golden Gun helm. Haven't seen anyone shoot it yet. Merry got that from a Nightfall during the week. I was jelly of him. And I'm now jelly of you!

I've played a good bit of HoW at this stage and I have gotten NO new armour drops, apart from the gauntlet reward after level 32 PoE. I've gotten a ridiculous amount of guns, and I had to shard some of them last night because I know I won't use most of them. I've received-

Queens shotgun, rocket launcher, pulse rifle and fusion rifle
    New FWC rocket launcher, The Fear
    2 legendary snipers
    The new vanguard Scout and Pulse rifles

My vault is full of guns now as I have a lot that I don't want to shard. RNGesus, please give me some new armour.......

Ok so far 24 engrams (bought 32 though) I finally got the hunter helm.

One of the guys in PS reminded me I could turn shards into motes, I had over 1200 of them so it was a game breaker!

Happy now back to work

PS: Oops I forgot I have to do the same on xbox now

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just on the Redzer said etheric light can drop on Hard Mode crota - something he read on t'internetz. He did not see someone drop it.

Did a hard mode crota with Redzer and 4 others last night - with 3 x 33's in the team it was a breeze.
    Strangely though there was not a single exotic drop from the Deathsinger.

So here's a few tips for Trials of Osiris:

Foreword: Nothing concrete, just some high level advice, I've played a LOT of crucible, including getting the 100 wins in skirmish and while I don't necessarily wreck, there's a few things I've noticed and will probably be obvious to many of you.

1) Titan Defenders with Blessing of Light, Helm of Saint 14 or Crest of Alpha Lupi and a Shotgun is probably a play style you should familiarise yourself with - Play defensively as a support, give your 2 team mates the best chance of wrecking havoc

2) For Warlocks, Sunsinger with 2 fusion grenades, Light Beyond Nemesis or HoTF and Solar Melee shield is the way to go - Pop up, melee one of their guys and quick revive your 2 team mates while spamming sticky grenades to grab a clutch win :)

3) Hunters, get a Helm that suits you subclass and run a sublclass you are most comfortable with. Both subclasses for Hunter are equally valuable when spec'd right and coupled with relevant armour (don't under estimate Vanish and Combustion). If the other 3 enemies are huddled up, there should be no reason you cannot get 3 kills with your super.

4) Heavy Ammo spawns on the 3rd Win for Either team. A Rocket with Proxy Detonation for at least one player is a must, High Impact MGs are good too but rockets are preferable, if you have a Truth levelled, this is the round to pre-equip it before you spawn.

5) Grab the heavy the second it spawns and get the hell out of their, scatter away from each other and try get some proxy rockets on their heavy - this Mercury map almost gives you a direct line of sight between the 2 heavy drops so if you're not 1st, you're last. A decent MG with High Impact can probably help with the clean up once you've denied most of them their heavy.

6) If you have an offensive super ready during the Heavy Ammo round, use it on the enemy as soon as they ammo drops, don't be a wimp and camp the heavy, this is your chance to shine! Get 3 kills and dance!

7) I cannot stress how important not messing up the heavy round is!

8) If you're short on passage coins (say <18 or so), don't bother with the packages just yet, get in their for a few rounds with no buffs and get used to the map, game style and meta-play. You might find depending on who your team mates are, you may end up playing totally different to how you envisaged. So if you get in there and go 2 wins - 3 losses and have to completely restart, it's no the end of the world and it's only cost you and hour and 100 glimmer, you'll be much better off for attempt number 2

9) Reviving gives you and the team mate you revive and over-shield, utilise this. If you're 1 on 1 with an enemy with the other players are 4 down, make sure to push the revives instead of trying to John Rambo the last guy, 2 guardians with over-shields versus 1 will make short work of him.

10) Get a PvP Exotic gun for the love of god! Thorn, Hawkmoon, TLW, Vex, Suros, Plan C (maybe), Truth, Red Death! And now go and level/ascend the thing!

11) Have that Gun fully levelled/ascended - Damage values matter in ToO - 365 Thorn > 300 TLW etc

12) Hit level 33 before hand, light levels matter, you can ascend one exotic armour piece (Helm would be best given it's PvP you can get a Chest from ToO at 5 wins) and get an Armour Core from the PoE lvl 32 run to buy an Arm piece

13) Pick Legendary armour that contribute to your play style for your other slots (Grenade focus, Melee Focus etc), and get yourself some gaddamn Raid boots to carry more Rockets!

14) Use legendary weapons that are PvP focused. You might have a lovely 274 Fusion Rifle you're attached to, but if you have 150 Crucible/Vanguard marks, go get yourself a PvP shotgun with that sweet range stat and level it in Patrol/Daily Story/Daily Crucible Game Type.

15) Try to spec your guardian to avoid going over 100% on INT / DIS / STR, 270 points equates to 100% so try spread the love, favour INT, then DIS and finally strength

Nice. That's the single mega shot Golden Gun helm. Haven't seen anyone shoot it yet. Merry got that from a Nightfall during the week. I was jelly of him. And I'm now jelly of you!

I've played a good bit of HoW at this stage and I have gotten NO new armour drops, apart from the gauntlet reward after level 32 PoE. I've gotten a ridiculous amount of guns, and I had to shard some of them last night because I know I won't use most of them. I've received-

Queens shotgun, rocket launcher, pulse rifle and fusion rifle
    New FWC rocket launcher, The Fear
    2 legendary snipers
    The new vanguard Scout and Pulse rifles

My vault is full of guns now as I have a lot that I don't want to shard. RNGesus, please give me some new armour.......

Just traded over 100 coins for notes and got 4 more engrams ..... 4 more of the same hunter helm I just got one after another !!

Cheers for that just got another 400 motes now :)

And now have the Ram :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Xur is back to his old tricks

Excellent stuff he brought with him

No back up plans
    Radiant Dance Machines
    Starfire Protocol
    The Last Word

WTF, nothing new at all?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

awec wrote: »
    WTF, nothing new at all?!

not entirely surprised. It would be a bit silly if EVERYONE could go buy a couple of the new exotics within a couple of days or release. I do think Xur should (and will) start selling them a little bit down the road, but they should be held back a while so that getting them in a drop is that bit more exciting.

He physically cannot sell any of the new exotic weapons full stop

He physically cannot sell any of the new exotic weapons full stop

You've said this twice... can you explain it?

Can't sell them now or can't sell them ever - if ever....why not?

You've said this twice... can you explain it?

Can't sell them now or can't sell them ever - if ever....why not?

They are all either bounties and/or end game rewards (like Thorn, Vex Mythoclast etc), though nothing is really confirmed with regards the FoaF
    For those of you who may not be aware, it appears that all 4 DLC exotics are Quest/Bounty type weapons.
    As a result, much like Bad Juju and Vex Mythoclast, Xur cannot/will not sell them.
    Just thought I'd call that out to anyone who was expecting weeks of Queenbreakers Bow/Dregs Promise/Lord of Wolves.

These are only attainable via a "Elder Cipher Exotic Bounty" - A drop in higher level PoEs.
    More info http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36pfgx/the_elder_cipher_drop_plus_screenshots/

This lowers the total Exotic Weapons Xur can sell to 14/28 (50%) - If you factor in the existing 5 Exotic Bounties, 3 PS Exclusives, Necrochasm and Vex Mythoclast.

The final Exotic (Fate of All Fools) has been *rumoured* to be a drop from PoE (unconfirmed) and as a *possible* drop after 9 wins in ToO so maybe, once we know more, it might be possible this can be sold but it looks highly unlikely now.

The "5th Exotic" 347 Vesta Dynasty does not seem to actually exist in the game now, no grimore card exsits for it, yet one exists for the Vestian Dynasty Sidearm. More info http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36oeb1/i_dont_think_347_vesta_dynasty_exists_ingame/

**TL:DR:** *Only 50% of the Exotic Weapons are possible to be in Xurs Loots table and NONE of them are HoW Weaponry*

They are all either bounties and/or end game rewards (like Thorn, Vex Mythoclast etc), though nothing is really confirmed with regards the FoaF

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36uzsl/xur_cannot_sell_how_dlc_exotic_weapons_or_at/
    Ok, so that is a no go for weapons. I assume he can sell the armour though. If you can get it from an engram I presume you can get them from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any word on elemental primaries. Have done 35 three times and none of us got any. Saw one guy on my list had the Pulse Rifle with Solar though..

Some 3v3 specific PvP tips for what its worth to anyone (to add to Cormac's which are all pretty solid), I've a 1.89kd and 78% win rate in Skirmish so know a few things about the 3v3 game modes:

Stay close together as much as possible
    Try to shoot the same opponent first if possible (similar to PvE, focus firing at one guy will drop him instantly)
    Snipers will be useful on this map but always have a balance, for The Burning Shrine I'd go with 2 snipers, 1 shotgun. Unless you suck with snipers, in which case just avoid engaging at long range.
    If you have Truth switch to it at the start of the Heavy round. Is this round 3 or the round after one team gets to 3? @Cormac
    Tell your team mates when you're using a super, this way nobody wastes one.
    If you see/hear a super popped, shout it out and everyone just scatter!
    Save your grenade until gun fights, you'll rarely get a cross map 1 hit kill but if you shoot somebody once a grenade will usually finish them off.
    Don't use Auto Rifles.
    For Trials I'd use launchers over MGs, as far as I know your heavy doesn't continue past the heavy round so its really a case of cleaning out 3 guys with minimal risk, in which case launchers > Mgs.

Oh and you can actually revive from a few feet away, which can mean you're behind cover if you position it correctly. Very useful

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Any word on elemental primaries. Have done 35 three times and none of us got any. Saw one guy on my list had the Pulse Rifle with Solar though..

Apparently drop directly from skolas as soon as he dies.

Ok, so that is a no go for weapons. I assume he can sell the armour though. If you can get it from an engram I presume you can get them from him.

Yeah, I see no reason why he couldn't sell armour.... other than him being a total f**king d**k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently drop directly from skolas as soon as he dies.

Must be a very low drop rate then!

• Advertisement

Back to the engram story...

Goes to show you how RNG works, I had to turn 24 engrams to get all 3 helms on PS4, went on Xbox, bought 6 and got 3 new hunter hemls, the Ram and the new titan helm as well (and one old exotic helm)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement