Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been looking at the prison of elders armour, most that's been data mined is ****. Hopefully will be abe to upgrade my other armour and replace arms sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Oh yea I got a Gally at last :D

Nearly broke my controller and headset celebrating :D

Finally! Congrats dude! AJ got one from the treasure chest on a lvl 28 PoE run yesterday also. Good times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally! Congrats dude! AJ got one from the treasure chest on a lvl 28 PoE run yesterday also. Good times ahead.

Now the hunt for the elusive Vex begins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »
    I was thinking the same think. I do want to give PvP a go and get back in shape as I use to be pretty good in S&D. So I might give it a go.

I nregards PoE, yes, what it looked very difficult at first it turned out to be very easy. Even the level 35 one it is not too bad (as this weeks "roll")

However I am looking forward to see what happens next week as I have the feeling that there will be no solar burn that means that the current ghorn the s... out of him strategy will no longer work..

Happy to see that day come though, LFG is full with people "looking for Titan 34 with ghorn", or "must be a titan", "must have ghorn" etc and that's because of all those youtubers who posted that you need 3 ghorn to kill Skolas or that you also need to have at least 1 Titan... when it is not true at all, similar to swordbearer having to be hunter in CEs etc... load of blks
    I don't understand why people get worked up about this though. If I'm going on lfg to get a 3rd for PoE 35 I'd of course look for a Ghally. I've no way of knowing how good any of the people on lfg are, having a ghally just lessens the amount of unknowns. If you don't have one, just ignore the post and move on. If the requirements are silly (>30 for VoG), then ignore it and consider it to potentially be a bullet dodged.

I actually think its easier without a Titan btw, using a bubble when shooting the boss just makes it awkward and easier to **** up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone on for ToO tonight? I should be online around 6.

Does it still count as a flawless run if you use the buffs you can buy from the merchant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »

Does it still count as a flawless run if you use the buffs you can buy from the merchant?

Yes, as long as no red dots are recorded on the passage itself it is flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get worked up about this though. If I'm going on lfg to get a 3rd for PoE 35 I'd of course look for a Ghally. I've no way of knowing how good any of the people on lfg are, having a ghally just lessens the amount of unknowns. If you don't have one, just ignore the post and move on. If the requirements are silly (>30 for VoG), then ignore it and consider it to potentially be a bullet dodged.

I actually think its easier without a Titan btw, using a bubble when shooting the boss just makes it awkward and easier to **** up.

Yes you have as point with the ghorn. It is hard to know how good a player is indeed in LFG so I guess your point is very valid.

I miss my PvP days in CoD, my friends were very good at it, shame I lost contact with them although we only played Search so I doubt they would be playing destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Yup. It does.

I'll be on tonight Mick if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Got my first Ghally on Saturday running the PoE with my Titan on 28. Delighted with myself as I thought it would never come!

Not even touched ToO yet, I'm not that great in PvP in this game and for ToO I just don't think I have the guns/setup to be any real use at it.

Can anyone explain to me what's the basic amount of wins you need to get anything decent out of it? Also do you play the same other team each time in the series or does it randomly give you another team after each round/game? I'm somewhat clueless on it all, as is quite obvious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd been getting my ass handed to me all week at ToO until eventually myself and Capt went and got a randomer from LFG.

Tons of posts about "need 34" "looking for players who have at least 2 complete flawless runs", "must have Truth, Thorn, Red Death" etc etc.... So anyway there was one post saying "Just looking to play" :)

Got him in, was some excitable american type, what was funny is the minute he joined we got a great combination of luck and skill go our way and totally wrecked the place for a few matches straight, Capt even went like 6 or 7 full rounds without dying at all. The American lad only got like 3 kills over the couple of matches but it was just gas altogether.

Got the Auto Rifle which was the main thing and got some Etheric Light from the "6 wins Pack" which was welcome.
    It's a good mode, pretty fun overall. Ended up running Voidwalker despite everything I had said, just couldn't get a good run going with Sunsinger, they were wise to my melees. But we did have one match where the lads went 1-v-1 and kill traded and then I just popped up to secure the win haha.

a 365 Vex is pretty decent in ToO if you're not a massive hand cannon user and like how Auto Rifles handle, it totally melts at close-medium range which the Burning Shrine is for the most part. It's a really a case of trying to kill them before they kill you, which versus Hand-Cannon 3-4 shot players is quiet feasible.

Got 2 new Helms (Ram and Creepy-Titan-Sh!te-One) from 10 engrams so happy with that too.

Got all my story stuff and lvl 28 PoEs out of the way now at least so I can dive right in to the end game stuff that kind of passed me by this week at the reset.

Still have a checklist of things to do this evening (listed here in case anyone also needs to do them):
    Get 5 wins in ToO as a Hunter
    Get 5 wins in ToO as a Titan
    Have to do all 6 Petra Bounties as Hunter
    Lvl 34 PoE (as lvl 34 Warlock)
    Complete Shadow Thief strike as Warlock (dunno how I still have that quest haha)

• Advertisement

I'll be looking to do PoE34 tonight with my warlock - don't think I've the skills to do it as a hunter...

Have Trials done on the 3. Flawless with Titan, 7 with warlock, 6 with Hunter. happy enough.

I'll be looking to do PoE34 tonight with my warlock - don't think I've the skills to do it as a hunter

I realised last week that I do not really enjoy endgame content as my Hunter, doesn't suit my play style of "I'll kill you before you kill me"

Had to drag sniper in to help with a HoW lvl26 Mission cause I was getting my ass handed to me, embarrassing :pac:

So with the first week of HoW almost done, what do people think?

Story missions - I really enjoyed these, as well as the associated quests. Did them on all three characters, while I still have TDB content to do on two of them (on one I haven't even done the main quests!). Voice acting was good and the missions were fun, imo. Going back into the Vault of Glass was a good laugh and a nice moment, imo.

Only got as far as PoE34 completed so far, so not going to comment on Skolas, but I do enjoy PoE. Was a good laugh on Saturday morning being THIS close to beating 34 on the first run - on more Gally would have had it - but we all died. Got it comfortably enough second time around. It is a nice new element to the game, something different.

Trials of Osiris.... not so sure. Flawlessed it on Friday/Saturday, then struggled to 6 wins on the Hunter and Warlock. Matching up against (and beating!) fellow clan members was a laugh. HAD YOU ON TOAST, BRO! Didn't come across the cheating I see being reported elsewhere. Worse we came across was an incredibly defensive trio on their last loss - bubbling the control point from the very very beginning of rounds 3,4 and 5. Still managed to beat them though - Toaster fisting of havocing them was a nice moment. The cheating I am seeing elsewhere, considering it will stop you getting the elemental primaries if it happens to you, leaves a sour taste in my mouth for the entire mode though. I did have great fun playing it myself, but if I was cheated out of a win (as opposed to simply not being good enough which happened a few times...) it would quickly go off the mode.

Being able to get etheric light from the old raids keeps them as relevant for me as they were a few weeks ago. I got all the weapons I wanted from them a long time ago so i've only being doing them for fun for a good while. Etheric light, and being able to upgrade any raid/legendary stuff to level34 will keep me coming back a bit - as I need some more raid boots for the stats roll and heavy weapons perk - which none of the vanguard or crucible stuff has.

Overall, I think Bungie has done a very good job with HoW, and implemented some very welcome features.

My two biggest complaints....

1. Not having enough space for the amount of new weapons, armour and mats I've been getting, it is frustraiting.
    2. Not getting my Flawless trials emblem because my emblem section was already full. DAMN YOU BUNGIE! Though the Void Pulse rifle I got proves I managed it...

+1 to pretty much all of the above.

Think the "Cheating" you hear about is more of a problem in other Regions.
    The Iron Banner "Spawn Locking" seems to have been a lot more prevalent in USA as opposed to Europe.
    Sure undoubtedly after saying that now I'll probably have it happen to me when I am 8-0

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'll be looking to do PoE34 tonight with my warlock - don't think I've the skills to do it as a hunter...

Have Trials done on the 3. Flawless with Titan, 7 with warlock, 6 with Hunter. happy enough.

I did a 34 with Emmet and Merry on the weekend, and I ran Hunter because I had not used that character in PoE before. It was tough, but if you spec for invisibility it helps A LOT. Diffusing mines, sneaky revives. It's the business. Call out to Bladedance low health yellow bar enemies for quick orbs, and you can also use the super for a quick getaway. Saved me a few times. Titans still rule in there though.

I'll run it with you mick. Might be around 7/7.30 though by the time I'm on.

I did a 34 with Emmet and Merry on the weekend, and I ran Hunter because I had not used that character in PoE before. It was tough, but if you spec for invisibility it helps A LOT. Diffusing mines, sneaky revives. It's the business. Call out to Bladedance low health yellow bar enemies for quick orbs, and you can also use the super for a quick getaway. Saved me a few times. Titans still rule in there though.
    I think you need at least 1 titan in the group - blessing of light when Crotas' bro enrages is very helpful. Not sure how you could survive the arc blast spam from all the enemies and the damage off the floor without it.

Yeah ... that was a good run alright.

Having two defender Titans meant we almost always had a blessings bubble up ... after that it was just patience. Round 4 with the arc burn was the most difficult piece (as it was hive) ... but once you make sure to prioritise taking down wizards and boomers with rockets it runs relatively easily

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

ooh so you can actually get treasure keys from those two side chests in the treasure room, I figured I'd open the big one while I was there and it gave me her benevolence again >:(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll run it with you mick. Might be around 7/7.30 though by the time I'm on.

Sounds good! I'm pretty much on for sticking with it all evening and try for a flawless, don't expect to get one but should get some decent loot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »

The Iron Banner "Spawn Locking" seems to have been a lot more prevalent in USA as opposed to Europe.
    Sure undoubtedly after saying that now I'll probably have it happen to me when I am 8-0

Still some cheating going on here. Came across a guy using a lag switch yesterday in ToO with Beard and Chunkydave. He was frozen on our screen then he killed Beard and barely avoided being killed myself. Just about scraped through that one.

Sounds good! I'm pretty much on for sticking with it all evening and try for a flawless, don't expect to get one but should get some decent loot anyway.

I'll take five wins and get the chest piece. Don't want to be gready. In one round yesterday I got 13 kills because I kept sniping a guy and his friends kept reviving him only for me to headshot him again :D

There was another round where I charged the C flag and killed the first guy only to get blasted by two shotguns when I moved around the corner. Merry sneeked up behind me to revive and as soon as I landed I fist of havoced both of the guys who just killed me. I'll be honest revenge tasted good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »

The extent of cheating is always greatly exaggerated. 'Lag switches' aren't a thing. The guy lagging has a **** connection and its not giving him an advantage. In 47 games I never came across any 'cheating' and in my entire time on Destiny I've never seen spawn locking. I've been unable to spawn in for 10 seconds before but that's been confirmed as players being unable to spawn whilst the host is changing. Its similar in a way to the gross overeporting of Crota glitches, people claiming every 2nd run was glitching on them, it clearly wasn't but people love a good excuse. Sure there are popular threads on Reddit calling for players who have made it flawless to be locked out of the content!

This is not aimed at anyone on here btw just a gripe of mine

Favourite victory in Trials as going down to 3vs1 on the heavy round, and pulling the win out of the bag with good ol' Gally.

The extent of cheating is always greatly exaggerated. 'Lag switches' aren't a thing. The guy lagging has a **** connection and its not giving him an advantage. In 47 games I never came across any 'cheating' and in my entire time on Destiny I've never seen spawn locking. I've been unable to spawn in for 10 seconds before but that's been confirmed as players being unable to spawn whilst the host is changing. Its similar in a way to the gross overeporting of Crota glitches, people claiming every 2nd run was glitching on them, it clearly wasn't but people love a good excuse. Sure there are popular threads on Reddit calling for players who have made it flawless to be locked out of the content!

if Lag switches are not a thing....

In general I do agree that I reckon it is more often just terrible connections than lag switches.

When it comes off the glory clutch play is truly awesome. That round where I chased a warlock around the B flag and over the revolving door a few times, killed him with a shotgun, watched him self res and then killed him with melee hits before he could react to steal the win ... that was fun.

Some epic moments last night with Bag and TitanGerm ... we didn't get a lot of match wins, but we went 4:5 so many times and had a whole heap of fun doing it ... probably the most fun I've had since HoW on those games last night!

I do reckon trials has given many more awesome moments than the rest of the game, already.

3vs1 victory thanks to the Gally.

Melee killing a blade dancer as last man standing - i've NO idea how i survived that one, think terry popped a bubble just in time to save me before he got killed...

Having Generic ON TOAST BRO! :D

Snatching a win on kills JUST before the other team completed the capture of the point at the end. There was literally a split second in it I reckon.

Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Depends on the game. Using lag switches while being host was fairly prevalent in Gears of War. Also even when people have a crappy connection it will still register hits, even if it is a second or so afterwards.

Only come across lag switchers once while playing ToO. Came across it every couple of weeks in GoW2.

• Advertisement

Having Generic ON TOAST BRO! :D

Pffft, says your man outright begging Salty to carry him on chat :pac:

I should have taken up Snipers bribe offer to join him, then it would have been I who would have been the 360-NoScope-ScrubKilling-MVP :p

Honestly, it took me ages to tweak my subclass just right for these trials, going Defender -> Striker -> Sunsinger -> Voidwalker..... just couldn't seem to get a good run going on, I'd been playing a lot of Voidwalker recently in Control and Clash so that might be why I was having more success with that, it's just what I'm used to and generally I play very offensive anyway, even ascended my Mk-Stand-Asides thinking I was gonna be Billy-Shoulder-Charge.

Though yeah, not really an excuse for that loss to be fair. You guys won fair and square. Even if you did nearly s**t the bed when ye went up 4-0 :D
    Still some cheating going on here. Came across a guy using a lag switch yesterday in ToO with Beard and Chunkydave. He was frozen on our screen then he killed Beard and barely avoided being killed myself. Just about scraped through that one.

Maybe so, I got Beard in there last night for a while and we kicked some butt despite him languishing somewhere around the 0.25 KDR, team effort and all that :P

I can't wait to get home and get stuck into it again.
    Only had a small play of it Saturday and yesterday as I had some plans and spent Friday doing my civic duties.... as a Destiny sherpa to Raid newbies

Robbed this:

kdLJX3i.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement