Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't done the Archon Priest strike since they patched the cheese spot under the platform. Are there any other good strategies against him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok boys

Its the Archon Priest!

nightfall

Arc, Solar and Void Burns again

no lightswitch

Heroic only has void burn

First three wave area will be a pain other than that should be ok.

Be on around 7 if you want to run through it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't done the Archon Priest strike since they patched the cheese spot under the platform. Are there any other good strategies against him?

You need to set up where you jump down into the archon priest encounter. Have one guy stay safe at the back and the other (or other two) jump down and take him out.
    A ship comes in that can kill the safe guy.
    This one can be a bit of a mare.
    Solar Shanks, invisible ninjas (thank christ no lightswitch), arc captains, pretty tough servitors and snipers. Throw in the elemental damage and oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    First three wave area will be a pain other than that should be ok.

Be on around 7 if you want to run through it a few times.

I will be in! doing them on PS in the morning so I can focus on xb1 after work :)

Josey, best strategy is, once you get passed the first waves and you get tot he archon, jump on top of the rock and snipe him till he goes down, I would say it wont take long if you are using ice breaker or black hammer, just watch out for shanks while you are up there!

I dont know what happened yesterday with me and multiplayer, finished the bad juju bounty in like 1 h so I decided to give the thorn bounty a go as I felt I was in a strike, bear in mind that it took me 10 games to get 7 points!! Anyway, I average 80 points per game so it was over like in 7 games?

Couldnt believe it myself, ptking was kind enough to help me with the xyor bounty so the thorn is now all mine!!! first time ever, never thought I would live to see the day. lol

Dont understand if it was my predisposition or what, but I actually did pretty well, overpassing 20 kills most of the times and reaching 39 once

might give mp a go again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, got VoG HM done last night (Finally, first finish on HM). 2 Rotations and he was pile of glowing charred smelt. Got the Bike, Raid Helm (Just need the gloves now and I can hit 30 :rolleyes::P) a second Atheons Epilogue.
    An the Vex :eek::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I really hate the Archon strike. But I'm hopeful that triple burn will level the playing field a bit as long as I can pocket infinity the shank mobs and avoid the snipers.

Let's see...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

So, got VoG HM done last night (Finally, first finish on HM). 2 Rotations and he was pile of glowing charred smelt. Got the Bike, Raid Helm (Just need the gloves now and I can hit 30 :rolleyes::P) a second Atheons Epilogue.
    An the Vex :eek::cool:

Nice one Knave, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I really hate the Archon strike. But I'm hopeful that triple burn will level the playing field a bit as long as I can pocket infinity the shank mobs and avoid the snipers.

Let's see...

It shouldn't be too bad. Hang up at the top of the hill during the first 3 waves of enemies while you're waiting for the door to open. Keep an eye out for the Hobgoblins during the second wave.

When you get to the Archon priest, you can stay up on a cliff edge at the entrance to the area and take him out from there. As usual, it's just going to require some patience (and time). :pac:

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Nice one Knave, enjoy it!

I fully intend to. Though I do have a bit of a dilemma now. I have a fully leveled Patience & Time and Dragons Breath. Need to level Red Death for CE HM (No Suros. Though it'll be some time before I hit 32. Have all the armour necessary, just need the shards), Ice Breaker for obvious reasons, The Truth, Thunderlord and now obviously the Vex also. Just can't decide which one to prioritise.

I also have TLW, NLB, Plan C and PI sitting in the vault. I also have exotic bounties for Thorn, Invective and Bad JuJu, and one exotic Missive that can't be turned in until I clear one of the above. I'm swimming in Exotics :rolleyes:

God I love the nightfall looting system

Finished 1st one, ended up with over 100 kills, the other two had 12 and 26. One of them got the ghorn and the other got montecarlo, I got 7 energies

did it again, same people, got around 70 kills, the other two 19 and 39, same guy got the ghorn again I got 6 shards....

Great start so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Finished 1st one, ended up with 132 kills, the other two had 12 and 26. One of them got the ghorn and the other got montecarlo, I got 7 energies

did it again, same people, got 102 kills, the other two 19 and 39, same guy got the ghorn again I got 6 shards....

Great start so far

Destinys loot system is woeful.

Finished 1st one, ended up with 132 kills, the other two had 12 and 26. One of them got the ghorn and the other got montecarlo, I got 7 energies

did it again, same people, got 102 kills, the other two 19 and 39, same guy got the ghorn again I got 6 shards....

Great start so far

That's crazy! I would be raging if I saw that happen TWICE!! I've never seen one drop for anyone in a lobby while I've been playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone want to help me with the thorn bounty today in the crucible? :)

That's crazy! I would be raging if I saw that happen TWICE!! I've never seen one drop for anyone in a lobby while I've been playing.

Wasnt too bad though, on the last nf I got 9 energies! so happy days, who wants an exotic when you can have energies

Wasnt too bad though, on the last nf I got 9 energies! so happy days, who wants an exotic when you can have energies

Ah hear, your game's obviously broken. Bring it back to the shop and demand a refund.

My strategy for the NF later is "kill nothing"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah hear, your game's obviously broken. Bring it back to the shop and demand a refund.

My strategy for the NF later is "kill nothing"

lol

I think you are right, I just wish they loot will consider your efforts as well, but I dont care anymore, although it does put me off a bit tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Jaysus that nightfall is so easy, got a legendary scout rifle(Another NITC)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    Jaysus that nightfall is so easy, got a legendary scout rifle(Another NITC)

Yeah, despite being a pain it is probably the easiest strike to solo as a nightfall as there are so many good sniper positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I fully intend to. Though I do have a bit of a dilemma now. I have a fully leveled Patience & Time and Dragons Breath. Need to level Red Death for CE HM (No Suros. Though it'll be some time before I hit 32. Have all the armour necessary, just need the shards), Ice Breaker for obvious reasons, The Truth, Thunderlord and now obviously the Vex also. Just can't decide which one to prioritise.

I also have TLW, NLB, Plan C and PI sitting in the vault. I also have exotic bounties for Thorn, Invective and Bad JuJu, and one exotic Missive that can't be turned in until I clear one of the above. I'm swimming in Exotics :rolleyes:

I know the feeling, just about finished levelling up the Vex, VoC and Icebreaker.

At the weekend, NLB dropped from a strike, got Monte Carlo from VOG HM, and to top it off finished the PI bounty this morning. Also have SGA to level up yet, and get my warlock to up 2 levels to 30.

Some much stuff to prioritise, don't know what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

onlyTobes wrote: »
    I know the feeling, just about finished levelling up the Vex, VoC and Icebreaker.

At the weekend, NLB dropped from a strike, got Monte Carlo from VOG HM, and to top it off finished the PI bounty this morning. Also have SGA to level up yet, and get my warlock to up 2 levels to 30.

Some much stuff to prioritise, don't know what to do next.

If it was me I'd prioritise Pocket Infinity. It's ideal for dealing with charges by thrall mobs, fallen sword vandals or swarms of shanks on nightfall strikes. A three round burst fusion rifle? What's not to love

• Advertisement

Just checked the stats on last nights Atheon run. Could explain why I got the Vex.

Just checked the stats on last nights Atheon run. Could explain why I got the Vex.

lol

So its a fact, I am never killing anything on any raids or nightfalls

link

My 2nd nf, got with 13 kills got the ghorn... hoho

Need to find the 1st one, I am pretty sure I went over 100 kills

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I got my 1st Gjallahorn while taking a pi$$.... true story :pac:

I must be an awesome player 'cos I don't have a gjhallahorn.

I'll be on for the Nightfall/Weekly this evening around 7.30pm. I'll have 1 spot free in the Fireteam if anyone wants to join in the fun (even if you're a level 27 just looking for rewards). Gamertag below.

Blazer wrote: »
    anyone want to help me with the thorn bounty today in the crucible? :)

Hi. What console are you playing on? I will be working on the Crucible part of Thorn and Bad Juju this weekend. Add me if you're on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

boxed off the weekly and nightfall this morning on my 2 characters with a mate. Probably the easiest Nightfall we've done. We struggled more with the weekly heroic in the end!

Hi. What console are you playing on? I will be working on the Crucible part of Thorn and Bad Juju this weekend. Add me if you're on Xbox One.

Just did this recently as a titan and after initially thinking it was impossible its actually really easy. Get void weapons (i prefer rockets and fusion) go control, hang around heavy weapon spawns and don't be a hero. Control works well as people focus on hitting the points so you can nab them as they are en route and a tactical grenade can tag a bunch of people

A few if us play around 12:30-2pm mon-fri and then sporadically in the evenings if you need a hand, my gamertag is thiscostatenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hi..I'm on PS4 :(
    thanks anyway. I've a void shotgun so I might just hang close to control points but I'll prob get bored to death first.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Hi..I'm on PS4 :(
    thanks anyway. I've a void shotgun so I might just hang close to control points but I'll prob get bored to death first.

Stick to maps that are not big and open but have corridors and smaller areas. The anomaly is great for shotguns and the heavy weapon spawn is handy. If you get a **** map, or are in a team that is losing after 2 mins then leave for another. One you dial it in you can grab points very quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement