Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any word on the modifiers for the lvl 35? Can see Skolas being a bastard with no solar burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arc, which is probably worse than no burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    I think 34 boss has gone to 32 but the 34 boss now is new, we haven't had a Vex boss yet.

I had the Vex boss there over weekend with my Titan. Just stand off to the left or right when you enter, pop a bubble and just Jelly/Hunger him down. Takes no time at all. Just watch out for splash damage and adds when bubble is on cooldown, as usual. Is actually a pretty easy fight. The modifiers will be the deciding factor to this of course.

I also came up against the Cabal boss, with Juggler. That was a pain, and his rotating burn shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm one piece short of 34 on my Warlock, reckon I'l just wait for some Etheric Light rather than buy it. Already have all the armour I need upgraded for my hunters.

I'll buy it anyway as I've a Armour Core saved from last week. The joy of having 3 titans.

I've also 2 Etheric light saved up so I'll see where to put those later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Happy now that I used Etheric light on the iron banner chest piece for my Warlock... that chest doesn't really do much for me with strength, but it could work on the other two characters.

Got warlock boots from Judgement's Chance at the weekend - has the heavy perk, but also strength. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just a note for other players. We were 6 and 2 and I had the prevent a loss boon equipped. We lost the next game and in the bottom corner it said my Passage was finished. The loss boon activated and I still had one blank space on my loss side.

The loss buff and win buff only work if bought straight away at the start of the card.

The next win counts as 2 wins can be bought and works mid-card
    Chest and Fusion rifle.

Warlock check is ALL FECKING STRENGTH.

Yeah, the armour for all 3 classes is ALL strength.... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got a legendary scout rifle that I already had from the nightfall

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Git my first Gally from the nightfall this morning. At long last! Thanks to Johnny and technix for the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Git my first Gally from the nightfall this morning. At long last! Thanks to Johnny and technix for the run.

Grumble grumble :(

First wolves event thing I did today got be a treasure key so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I swear I must be the only player who hasn't ever had a sniff of a gallajhorn :(

Finding it difficult to do this HoW stuff, the game alienated practically everyone I know. Hard to squeeze past 32.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I swear I must be the only player who hasn't ever had a sniff of a gallajhorn :(

Finding it difficult to do this HoW stuff, the game alienated practically everyone I know. Hard to squeeze past 32.

Not the only one mate. Making do with a Hunger of Crota here.

The only "complaint" I have with HoW, is the chest farming with the bounties. The bounties themselves are fine, the encounters are grand. It's the bloody chest itself. I personally think they need to increase the visibility of the chest a little. I'm fine with the reward structure, still haven't gotten a key from any chest I've found, just think visibility needs a rethink. (Forgotten Shore in particular) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

got the nightfall done on one char this morning - got a Glasshouse. Did the Queen bounties and I am still rank two, but I get an etheric key for completing the 6 of them, so not bad. No keys out of the 6 chests I farmed this morning though. Will probably do another nightfall and bounty run with the titan this evening, then switch to PvP Control or maybe a PoE32/34 run. Will be on from 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Join the club mate, 400 hrs and counting and no YellingHorn either :(

Not the only one mate. Making do with a Hunger of Crota here.

The only "complaint" I have with HoW, is the chest farming with the bounties. The bounties themselves are fine, the encounters are grand. It's the bloody chest itself. I personally think they need to increase the visibility of the chest a little. I'm fine with the reward structure, still haven't gotten a key from any chest I've found, just think visibility needs a rethink. (Forgotten Shore in particular) :mad:

At least I'm not alone in my frustrations- I don't even have a Hunger of Crota though . However, I like HoW, I think it brings a lot to the table. It's just not a particularly full table running around by ones self.

At least I'm not alone in my frustrations- I don't even have a Hunger of Crota though . However, I like HoW, I think it brings a lot to the table. It's just not a particularly full table running around by ones self.

Can totally understand that sentiment. Are you in the clan? XBone or PS4?

Its a multiplayer game for the most part though. If you can't take advantage of the multiplayer aspect then you are going to lose out of a good portion of the game. Its simply the way it is. Same for a lot of titles.

What is stopping you from running it with others though (i've not seen if this has been asked/answered).

There are groups of, basically, strangers playing this together via this thread on Xbox One and PS4.

There are groups of, basically, strangers playing this together via this thread on Xbox One and PS4.

Ah, we're not strangers anymore. Well, most. Maybe some. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've lived in the Destiny world more than the real one the past few months and I don't have one. Gone through all the stages now grief, anger, bargaining, acceptance etc. I'm really not that bothered anymore. I'd like one but the fact is with the exception of PoE 35 I don't need it as EVERYONE I KNOW FKN HAS ONE! so I'm not really stuck for firepower.

Ah, we're not strangers anymore. Well, most. Maybe some. :D

Well yeah, but that is kinda my badly made point.

I would have feared buying an online multiplayer game previously, as I have few friends never mind online ones. I also went a good while in this game without doing a nightfall or raid for the same reason. It is only from friending people from here on PS4 that I have gotten the most out of the game itself - but more than that I have a great time gaming with the people from here as well. Whether that is completing a weekly activity or just chatting crap and slagging each other while playing Control (the only PvP activity I am comfortable in!)

I accept it can be daunting at first, and people might be uncomfortable joinging groups who have been gaming together at this for a good few months, but if someone on here is on PS4 or Xbox One and stuck in the single player rut of the game, I would absolutely encourage them to get involved.

Even if they are worried about having to be carried throuh a raid they haven't done before, stick a hand up and see if anyone wants to join or if you can join a group. Generic loves his drunken raiding parties at the weekends!

PS3 or 360 might be different, very few players on those consoles on this thread iirc, but ps4 and Xb1? plenty or potential online buddies to have a laugh with.

Its a multiplayer game for the most part though. If you can't take advantage of the multiplayer aspect then you are going to lose out of a good portion of the game. Its simply the way it is. Same for a lot of titles.

What is stopping you from running it with others though (i've not seen if this has been asked/answered).

No no, I absolutely know it's primarily MP, that's not an issue at all. Out of a group of maybe 17, there's only 3 left, some gave up entirely, some migrated to ps4. It's an unfortunate example of a game that had so much promise losing players because of lack of content. Now I'm lucky enough to be extremely friendly with the two other guys, but 3 is quite a small pool to pick from, and different working hours makes it a bit difficult.

And honestly, there's nothing stopping me playing with anyone else, and I know that you guys are very welcoming and I'm pretty sure Iv played with some of the Xbox One guys on here, so I know that's not an issue. I'm absolutely not complaining about my lot, so if it was inferred I apologise. I guess I'm just bemoaning the lateness of this DLC which could have potentially kept some of the guys from bugging out and moving on.

• Advertisement

No no, I absolutely know it's primarily MP, that's not an issue at all. Out of a group of maybe 17, there's only 3 left, some gave up entirely, some migrated to ps4. It's an unfortunate example of a game that had so much promise losing players because of lack of content. Now I'm lucky enough to be extremely friendly with the two other guys, but 3 is quite a small pool to pick from, and different working hours makes it a bit difficult.

And honestly, there's nothing stopping me playing with anyone else, and I know that you guys are very welcoming and I'm pretty sure Iv played with some of the Xbox One guys on here, so I know that's not an issue. I'm absolutely not complaining about my lot, so if it was inferred I apologise. I guess I'm just bemoaning the lateness of this DLC which could have potentially kept some of the guys from bugging out and moving on.

What's your GT ? I don't think I have you on my friends list.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's your GT ? I don't think I have you on my friends list.

It's ibFoxer. I can't say with any certainty who it is from boards I played with, but I know there was a few strikes and quite possibly a raid way back when

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been really getting back into Destiny once again. It kinda came out at a bad time for me. Been so busy with college that I couldn't really sink a lot of time in it.

Managed to get to level 23 at Hunter class but what is with the lack of exotic/legendary engrams available from the Cryptarch?

It's ibFoxer. I can't say with any certainty who it is from boards I played with, but I know there was a few strikes and quite possibly a raid way back when

I'll add you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That_Guy wrote: »
    Been really getting back into Destiny once again. It kinda came out at a bad time for me. Been so busy with college that I couldn't really sink a lot of time in it.

Managed to get to level 23 at Hunter class but what is with the lack of exotic/legendary engrams available from the Cryptarch?

Cryptarch doesn't sell them. You can buy legendary armour from level 2 for the factions and level 3 for weapons. The weekend vendor Xur sells exotics for strange coins and an exotic engram for 23 motes of light.

That_Guy wrote: »

It's a rare occurrence he'd sell a legendary. Can't actually remember him selling one tbh. Exotics? Don't exist outside of Xur anymore, I'd in not mistaken.

I've added you just now, feel free to jump into the fireteam if you see me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Managed to off load 50 special ammo Synths with the invective Shotgun Bounty(A dubious Task) .Some relief:pac:

Managed to off load 50 special ammo Synths with the invective Shotgun Bounty(A dubious Task) .Some relief:pac:

Myself and Johnny done the exact same this morning. Only 100 to get through now....... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My internet is working fine but Destiny servers are aren't connecting for some reason.

I'm not pleased.

Been waiting a week to play this.

Ok edit. 10 mins and 10 or so tries later I'm finally in.

And now I'm lost. Lol

Eh to the reef maybe. Here goes.

Edit edit... That damn walker is tough. Ransoms kept dying quickly as well when we were playing. Jesus I know I'm not great but don't jump out in front of him!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement