Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Whats the best way to kill Quodron??? Quick , We have two titans at 34 and 33 and one warlock at 34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Whats the best way to kill Quodron??? Quick , We have two titans at 34 and 33 and one warlock at 34

Quickest way to kill him is to pop up a titan bubble as you come out with blessing of light and unload 3 ghorns on him (14 rockets).

That's the quickest way.

If you dont have 3 ghorns, 2 and a hunger for instance will do as well, one titan uses blessing and the other weapons of light and open 2 bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Struggling to decide what to do atm. So many options and then ToO at the weekend. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Was thinking of getting the HOW DLC, thing is I've just got the original Destiny. Should I get the full expansion which includes TDB or is there much point at this stage now that HOW is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Depends if you'll do the Crota's End raid or not. If you don't buy it you won't have that Raid and 2 strikes (one of which can be the weekly nightfall). The PvP maps are free now though. I'd probably just get HoW really, a lot of people didn't like TDB but HoW is very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Played some trials at the weekend and got wrecked repeatedly, managed to win a few rounds but nothing consistent. It's tougher than I thought it would be and had me questioning my PvP ability. I'm no great player that's for sure but I ain't no slouch either so I expected to have a fighting chance but to no avail. Definitely took the wrong option rocking a defender titan and shotty but I don't rate my sniper abilities one bit. In hindsight, striker with shotty or defender running weapons of light and sniper seems like a more viable option on that map so next time around that's the plan.

The PoE is good auld craic though so I'll be concentrating on this for a while and let the trials settle down some. One character to 34 so far so hopefully make an attempt at lvl 35 at the weekend.

Done Crota hard also last weekend and saw 2 crux's drop, I had 2 Thunderlords drop on the same day, one from Crota and one from the big PoE chest.

The new crucible maps are a nice change, fairly hectic fighting in Widows court with the close proximity of the control points. The other game modes on this map will be very different indeed so looking forward to playing some of these shortly.

I'll be trying to knock out a nightfall or 2 later on tonight if there's a few on looking to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Ran a single Nightfall last night and I was telling the other 2 fireteam members how good the drops were last week (I saw multiple exotic drops in each of my 3 runs last week). I must have jinxed it because all I got was a legendary primary engram, and the other 2 got Strange Coins.

RNGesus back to his usual tricks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ran a single Nightfall last night and I was telling the other 2 fireteam members how good the drops were last week (I saw multiple exotic drops in each of my 3 runs last week). I must have jinxed it because all I got was a legendary primary engram, and the other 2 got Strange Coins.

RNGesus back to his usual tricks again.

Yep I ran 3 last night also and got a legendary scout , 10 strange coins and the new Titan helm ( after using about 40 engrams from xur last week
    Failing to get it )

On another note ... It's a bit crap that you have to run the 32 Poe to get an armour core instead of just having to run the 34 to get it with everything else.

It means now I have to run the 32, 34 And 35 as well as Crota/Atheon/Nightfall on all 3 characters and that's without going near PvP :(

Mcsirl wrote: »
    It means now I have to run the 32, 34 And 35 as well as Crota/Atheon/Nightfall on all 3 characters and that's without going near PvP :(

And the daily crucible playlist x 3 and the Petra bounties for those keys, hell maybe even the weekly and daily. Heavy workload, might have to go a on 4 day week from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

dudeeile wrote: »
    And the daily crucible playlist x 3 and the Petra bounties for those keys, hell maybe even the weekly and daily. Heavy workload, might have to go a on 4 day week from work.

Yup , I got all the heroics and nightfalls done and 2 of the 32's but now only have from when she goes to work on Friday till when she comes home on Friday to get everything done till the reset on Tuesday.

Suppose more content is good just don't have enough time anymore to get it all done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dramatik wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting the HOW DLC, thing is I've just got the original Destiny. Should I get the full expansion which includes TDB or is there much point at this stage now that HOW is out?

You'd be missing out on:
    3 Story Missions
    1-2 Strikes
    1 Urn Quest (including specific mission)
    Crotas End Raid (which has ~4 really good weapons)
    3-4 Exotic Weapons (one of which is really fun)
    9 Exotic Bits of armour (~4 of which are really good)

If you're ok with that, just go ahead and get HoW.

You'd get a slightly better deal buying the expansion pass though €35 instead of 2x€20

Just logged in to Bungie.net and they have me down as having completed PoE at lvl32 and lvl34 with my Titan this week even though I haven't played since Sunday, I wonder what rewards I got!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

AdamD wrote: »
    Depends if you'll do the Crota's End raid or not. If you don't buy it you won't have that Raid and 2 strikes (one of which can be the weekly nightfall). The PvP maps are free now though. I'd probably just get HoW really, a lot of people didn't like TDB but HoW is very popular.

Might just get them both and be done with it, didn't bother getting TDB cause it didn't think it really added much worthwhile to the game but HOW seems to of added some interesting content. Bought Destiny 2nd hand anyway so I'm really only paying the price that people paid, who bought the game when it first came out.

Just logged in to Bungie.net and they have me down as having completed PoE at lvl32 and lvl34 with my Titan this week even though I haven't played since Sunday, I wonder what rewards I got!

You'd be better off using destinystatus.com for checking what you have done IMHO, nice clean interface, destinytracker is a bit busy looking and bungie.net is a CPU hog

Yup , I got all the heroics and nightfalls done and 2 of the 32's but now only have from when she goes to work on Friday till when she comes home on Friday to get everything done till the reset on Tuesday.

Suppose more content is good just don't have enough time anymore to get it all done

Yea I get to play Wed night and Fri - Sun but when I try to schedule in a life outside the house I almost start to feel bad thinking about all the drops I missed out on but then I realise what a b###h RNG is and continue on drinking.

Cormac... wrote: »
    You'd be better off using destinystatus.com for checking what you have done IMHO, nice clean interface, destinytracker is a bit busy looking and bungie.net is a CPU hog

Oh yea that's where I spotted it first, they show me has having done the lvl32 only but bungie credits me with the lvl34 also, guess they want to lighten my load this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They have me down as playing a load of halo 2, didn't have an original xbox and my account isn't that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Done a load of bounties last night and didn't get a single treasure key from chests. Kinda frustrating really. I don't mind doing bounties for the chance of keys but the whole having to get them from chests thing is a buzzkill.

You should get a guaranteed key for completing all 6 bounties in any given week imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Personally I prioritise the Nightfall, then PoE32, then Queens Bounties. Then I look to do PeE34 and the other bounties. Haven't tried 35 yet.

Not bothered about doing Crota or VoG again (would do if a group is there and I have time, but i'm not *planning* to do either).

You should get a guaranteed key for completing all 6 bounties in any given week imo.

This idea, I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

+1

I have yet to get a key from one of the ether chests - however I have been lucky and got one for each of my 3 characters completing the story, got one from the small chest in the treasure room and got 2 randomly for completing bounties.
    For those 6 keys I got: queens weapons, 2 x dragons breath and a Thunderlord :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems like the kind of thing they'll patch at some stage, considering it looks like the chief complaint about the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of the chests I opened on Venus yesterday only gave one reward - didn't reload when you left and came back. Only happened a few times.
    I had gotten a key earlier and wasn't too preturbed
    The farming is seriously boring much much worse than back in the day.

I'm all about the Etheric Light as opposed to Keys.

I have all the Exotics I can get from said chest (Pre-HoW) and cannot see any of the weapons from the chest being any better than my existing VoG/CE/IB weapons no-matter the roles, plus the primaries from the chest aren't even elemental.

The Exotic chest is not THAT big of a deal after you've gotten it once per character (which had a 95% exotic weapon drop chance).
    After that, it plummets to more like 30%-50% drop rate apparently.

So if it's exotics you're hunting, it might be best to just stick with the raids.
    I'm gonna do the 3x6 Queens Wanted bounties along with some other generic patrol missions while I'm there, If I get 1-2 chests per 9 Major Targets, great, if not I'll still be getting Etheric Light, Elder Cipher (maybe), Armour and Weapon cores.

The Exotic Chest is not the purpose of the Prison of Elders, it's just the nice cherry on top if you happen to be carrying a key.
    It's not different to say.... the Gorgons Chest

If it's a Ghally you're after, the PoE chest is going to be no better at giving you one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got some ruin wings (5th set?) out of a 32 or 34 chest. It's just the whole thought of completing a PoE and then wondering "What's in the chest?" , when I don't have a key.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd hold onto a key or two, wouldn't want to be without one if I got one of the new exotic bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Best way to get weapon parts? Run out after upgrading Exotics and endlessly rolling sniper rifles :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got some ruin wings (5th set?) out of a 32 or 34 chest. It's just the whole thought of completing a PoE and then wondering "What's in the chest?" , when I don't have a key.

Oh I didn't know you could get Armour :O
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd hold onto a key or two, wouldn't want to be without one if I got one of the new exotic bounties.

True, just to outline what actually happens when you DO get these Cipher drops
    Step 1:: Complete the Prison of Elders on level 34-35 difficulty, (pretty much confirmed that it doesn't drop from multiple attempts on a character) get lucky, and get the Elder Cypher drop, then Proceed to take the Elder Cypher to Varicks, and pick which Exotic you want.

Step 2:: Open the big chest on any difficulty (32+ seems to have much better odds.) to get the Queen's Cypher, and return this to Varicks.
    Step 3: Wait for a period of time. (Basically completely random.)
    Step 4: Kill bosses in the arena for points. If you can do the 35 PoE twice, that's the quickest way to do this. :)

1000 points are needed.

Non-named Bosses appear to count for 75 points. (28 difficulty and wave 4 32 difficulty)

32 boss counts for 250 points
    32 PoE counts for 325 points. (3 runs + one 28 for full completion!)
    34 boss counts for 350.
    35 boss counts for 450.
    35 PoE counts for 525 points (Just 2 runs for full completion!)

Step 5: Return to Varicks to enjoy your new Exotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Could someone outline the path to Level 34? I'm currently level 32 and I'm not sure what I need to do.

Do I need to find an all new suit of armour?

• Advertisement

Could someone outline the path to Level 34? I'm currently level 32 and I'm not sure what I need to do.

Do I need to find an all new suit of armour?

You need 4 pieces of armour that are Light Level 42

Step 1: Ascend an Exotic Piece of Armour, ideally a Helm in 90% of cases (using an Exotic Shard) to get the 1/2 the way to 33

Step 2: Play the Lvl28 PoE to Unlock and Play the Lvl32 PoE and you can get a Chest Piece (100% STR unfortunately) which will get you fully to 33.

Step 3: Give the Lvl34 PoE a shot at level 33, (I did it in 2-2.5 hours with 2 other 33s my 1st time, but it might be harder this week, haven't tried yet)
    This will give Etheric Light this allows you to ascend old Light Level 36 gear (and Weapons) to 42
    I'd probably recommend Raid Boots as they have the Heavy Ammo perk and most Dropped/Vendor boots are very vanilla anyway

Step 4: Play ToO at the weekend to get another lvl34 (Light Level 42) piece and hope and pray it's an Arm-Piece if you've ascended a Helm, or Vice Versa, or alternatively Ascend a different piece of armour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement