Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could someone outline the path to Level 34? I'm currently level 32 and I'm not sure what I need to do.

Do I need to find an all new suit of armour?

You can keep all your current armour, just play the Prison of Elders to get etheric light to ascend it (you'll see a node for ascension on the left in the armour pieces upgrade tree). You can upgrade exotics without etheric light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I assume you can also buy armour from the vendor that is light 36 and upgrade it to light 46.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I assume you can also buy armour from the vendor that is light 36 and upgrade it to light 46.

Yeah, or the House of Judgement vendor has one armour piece in the reef that's already 42 light, you need an armour core to buy that though, which you will get from running PoE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Now I said it once that destiny is out there to get me

This afternoon I was gonna delete one of my hunters to create a new Titan. So spent a few hours doing bounties, nightfall, Poe etc... and just when I am ready, have moved all my stuff I decided I might as well run the PoE 34... and what do I get at the end? A new exotic bounty!

11289360_1445924602370902_306506744029567674_o.jpg

Delighted in a way but now I have to move everything to another character and do the same thing over again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm all about the Etheric Light as opposed to Keys.

I have all the Exotics I can get from said chest (Pre-HoW) and cannot see any of the weapons from the chest being any better than my existing VoG/CE/IB weapons no-matter the roles, plus the primaries from the chest aren't even elemental.

The Exotic chest is not THAT big of a deal after you've gotten it once per character (which had a 95% exotic weapon drop chance).
    After that, it plummets to more like 30%-50% drop rate apparently.

So if it's exotics you're hunting, it might be best to just stick with the raids.
    I'm gonna do the 3x6 Queens Wanted bounties along with some other generic patrol missions while I'm there, If I get 1-2 chests per 9 Major Targets, great, if not I'll still be getting Etheric Light, Elder Cipher (maybe), Armour and Weapon cores.

The Exotic Chest is not the purpose of the Prison of Elders, it's just the nice cherry on top if you happen to be carrying a key.
    It's not different to say.... the Gorgons Chest

If it's a Ghally you're after, the PoE chest is going to be no better at giving you one

For me after that PoE chest finally gave me a Gally after so so so long waiting. It will hold a place dear iny heart forever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

How the hell do you beat the Poe lvl 34 boss ? Had weapons of light and 3 of us with galleys and almost Had him down every time, until we get contained in shields and just die without getting hit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Had no luck with Sniper and Exaar at lvl 34 boss, detainment fields crushing us. Anyone fancy a team for ToO this wknd?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mcsirl wrote: »
    How the hell do you beat the Poe lvl 34 boss ? Had weapons of light and 3 of us with galleys and almost Had him down every time, until we get contained in shields and just die without getting hit ?

There's an ad you can kill which makes one of you immune to detainment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    There's an ad you can kill which makes one of you immune to detainment

Plus the detainment field is a bullet sponge. Takes me 6 365 Found Verdict/ldr shots at lvl 34 to drop it.

Mcsirl wrote: »

There are several ways to do it, one way is by "brute force", basically, ghorn the s... out of him

However, for those normal players with no ghorn or no titan who would actually like to try without using this "cheese" the "legit" way of doing it is simple enough but not easy to achieve without proper team play.

First it is important to understand what is going on. As soon as you come out Qodron will appear, every 1 minute he will pop a bubble around you and your teammates, you will need to break free within a certain amount of seconds otherwise he will adquire you as a target and you will die. The problem is that the shield is very hard to break and normal weapons will not be able to do this (not before he kills you). You cannot leave the bubble either as you will die. The only solution is to break free, but as the bubble is too hard to break with normal weapons you can't (you might get lucky sometimes though and break it)

But there is a way to break free with "normal" weapons (and by this I mean break free quickly enough). While Qodron is shooting at you, after around 30 seconds a white goblin will appear on the top of the platform (where Qodron is shooting at you). This Goblin will come at you, if you kill him he will grant you "super powers" for around 30 seconds, during this period your weapons will put more damage (and I believe it might give you a few extra seconds to shoot it but I am not 100% sure about this), if you time it right, and you get this "boost" before you get trapped in the bubble you will be able to break free (I use a machine gun to do this).

Once you break free keep shooting at Qodron and keep an eye for the white goblin, remember that if you kill the goblin too quickly the boost will go away before he traps you in the bubble so you need to time this well. The goblin appears every 30 seconds more or less. Then rinse and repeat.

The strategy I use when my team mates dont have ghorns I switch to a different layout. I personally like a good primary (to take down the minions, possibly word of crota or Fatebringer/VoC), Ice Breaker or BH, and a good Machine gun.

Then as soon as I come out I would go left (the entire team must remain together), as soon as I get there I start shooting at Qodron. At this point the white goblin will appear and start walking towards you, kill him quickly, wait for the message "qodron is trying to adquire target" or something like that, at that point, all the 3 of you should stay close together so when the bubble comes up you will be able to break all the 3 of you at the same time.

Once you do this keep shooting at Qodron, normally I would designate one person to shoot a Qodron and the other two to keep goblin etc away from that area. After 2-3 minutes he should be dead.

REmember you should never kill this white goblin 20 seconds before you are trapped in the bubble otherwise the buff will wear off. A timer might come handy (I didnt use one though).

In some cases, the white goblin might appear right beside you right after you break free of the bubble, you should kill this goblin and wait for the next one to pop out (around 30 seconds later).

Depending on your class my advice is

Titan Bubble, can be use, for instance, to protect you from Qodron's fire while you are trapped in the bubble trying to break free. Helm 14 and Blessing would be perfect.

Warlock selfrevive, pretty handy if you cannot kill the white goblin in time and fail to break free and die you can selfres and then revive your team mates.

Hunter gunslinger, great for breaking free from the bubble if you fail to kill the white goblin, however, 1 gunslinger might be able to break only his OWN bubble, UNLESS you have nighthawk helmet, I used this to break 3 bubbles with one shot (and a bit of help of my teammates). This is the best option as it will allow your entire team to survive if you fail to kill the white goblin.

Unfortunately super recharges very slowly so you are unlikely to use the super more than twice in a game so bare this in mind.

And thats it!

With a bit of practice and once you get the timing right you will be able to do it easily enough.

I have to say that the first time I tried this I though it would be impossible to do without ghoring the s... out of him (and in fact this is what I did the first time) but on my next attempts my team mates didnt have a ghorn so we decided to use the "legit" strategy and after a couple of attempts it was done! (I was playing with a bunch of randoms from LFG)

IT was something like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Slightly late to the party but I just got a legendary engram for a chest piece which brought me up to level 32 ....at last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We did it again tonight with 2 Gjallys and a Hunger. We had two Titans so popped a bubble with WoL and another with BoL and got it done straight away. If you guys are level 34, have a couple of Gjallys and full clips with synths ready to burn, it's actually hilariously easy and will be patched because half of us have no idea what the mechanics are.

Really hope the amount of Gjally abuse in this DLC doesn't make it get nerfed.

TBF its probably exaggerated. Skolas at 35 is actually easier this week with 3 Arc Erideeth's Spears than it was with 3 Ghallys last week. Weapons of Light + constant dps will take down pretty much anything straight away. The easiest fix for 34 and 35 would be to just start the mechanics earlier, or throw the ads in earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Out of interest, what legendary weapons has everybody upped to 365? First weapon I ascended was VoC after getting my characters to 34. FB was next. Thinking about maybe ascending Corrective meadures next. Absolute beast back in the day and we lack decent void weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I played my first PoE last night with two random people. It was pretty good so I'll give the higher level ones a go. I got another Patience & Time out of. At least this has a higher attack value than my other two.

At no time during the game did all 3 of us die. Just wondering what happens then. Do you get kicked back to Orbit like in a Nightfall? Or do you get to start again at the round where you died?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Y'all just get kicked back to the start of the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I got another Patience & Time out of. At least this has a higher attack value than my other two.

If you're getting new exotic weapons dropped and you already have the 300 / 331 version upgraded, it might be easier for you to shard the new weapon and use the shard to ascend the older version.

This will save you grinding to upgrade the 365 version of the weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I've added you just now, feel free to jump into the fireteam if you see me on.

Cheers, I added you back there.

Trying to push past that 33 threshold, will get it done on my alt quicker than my main character, which makes little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If you're getting new exotic weapons dropped and you already have the 300 / 331 version upgraded, it might be easier for you to shard the new weapon and use the shard to ascend the older version.

This will save you grinding to upgrade the 365 version of the weapon.

The same goes for exotic armour pieces. Dismantle the new one and use the exotic shard to upgrade the old one. Took me a while to twing this with the duplicate hunter helm that dropped from a Xur exotic engram :o

Out of interest, what legendary weapons has everybody upped to 365? First weapon I ascended was VoC after getting my characters to 34. FB was next. Thinking about maybe ascending Corrective meadures next. Absolute beast back in the day and we lack decent void weapons.

I've upgraded:
    VoC
    Erideeth's Spear Solar
    Erideeth's Spear Arc
    Fate Bringer

Sitting on loads of Etheric now but waiting for a strong shotgun and sniper rolls but upgrading more. Gonna end up spending it all on armour as all of the armour being sold/dropping so far has been awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The same goes for exotic armour pieces. Dismantle the new one and use the exotic shard to upgrade the old one. Took me a while to twing this with the duplicate hunter helm that dropped from a Xur exotic engram :o

I disagree, I can't say I'd 100% recommend this with Armour as Armour levels FAR quicker than weapons especially, given Lvl34 Exotics have only 3 upgrade nodes (instead of a full tree) and usually have far superior INT/DIS/STR stats, I'm talking 20-30 extra points, which is a 10% buff to whatever stat or split-stat you're going for.

Take the Mask of the Third man Xur was selling last weekend for example, it was 124 Intellect whereas the last time he sold it, it was about ~100 Intellect.

Now, I guess if the stats are really super close, then just keep the old one to save you the hassle (and resources/materials) to upgrade the nodes again.

But one thing most of us are flush with is Armour Materials (Ascendent Shards and Planetary Materials), as opposed to Weapon Parts.
    The lack of existing weapon parts for many, and the high need for them now, means sharding New Exotic Weapons makes sense as they take a lot of time and parts to upgrade.

TL:DR: Shard new Exotic Weapons if you have a Levelled 331 Version. Don't Necessarily shard new Exotic Armour as it may have far superior stat rolls

nevelator wrote: »
    +1

I have yet to get a key from one of the ether chests - however I have been lucky and got one for each of my 3 characters completing the story, got one from the small chest in the treasure room and got 2 randomly for completing bounties.
    For those 6 keys I got: queens weapons, 2 x dragons breath and a Thunderlord :(

Got that sweet sweet Hawkmoon from the chest yesterday!

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Got a pair of Sunbreakers in a drop this week, however my old Sunbreakers are 32 light.
    This means I'll need an exotic shard to upgrade them, an exotic shard and 7K glimmer for Xur to upgrade them to light level 36, then another exotic shard to ascend them to light level 42!

Think I might just grind out the level 42 exotic instead of the original exotic...

Edit: Just read Generics post there.
    My new Skull of Dire Ahamkara has an extra 10 intellect.
    My new Sunbreakers have an extra 10 intellect.

So I guess I'll just have to grind!
    I

Got a pair of Sunbreakers in a drop this week, however my old Sunbreakers are 32 light.
    This means I'll need an exotic shard to upgrade them, an exotic shard and 7K glimmer for Xur to upgrade them to light level 36, then another exotic shard to ascend them to light level 42!

Think I might just grind out the level 42 exotic instead of the original exotic...

You can ascend your 32 ones straight to 42 with one shard.

Pretty sure once you max them out it just costs 1 Shard to go to 42. The Xur crap no longer exists

Edit: Just read Generics post there.
    My new Skull of Dire Ahamkara has an extra 10 intellect.
    My new Sunbreakers have an extra 10 intellect.

its-something.jpg

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure once you max them out it just costs 1 Shard to go to 42. The Xur crap no longer exists

You will need an exotic shards to upgrade it, I think this is what he means. So basically 2 exotics shards in total, one to upgrade it to lv 42 and another to max it out.

Doesnt really matter the way I see it, if you start from scratch, that is

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just wondering what third party android apps or web extensions people might be using to change gear and loadouts?

Any recommendations? And do you trust them completely i.e. if you had one Jellyhorn would you trust the app to swap it into your character.
    I am aware that you do need to be careful when you implement the swaps - do not do it until you have spawned into a location or when practicing your blue orb technique!

nocal wrote: »
    Just wondering what third party android apps or web extensions people might be using to change gear and loadouts?

Any recommendations? And do you trust them completely i.e. if you had one Jellyhorn would you trust the app to swap it into your character.
    I am aware that you do need to be careful when you implement the swaps - do not do it until you have spawned into a location or when practicing your blue orb technique!

I trust NONE of them TBH, I realise that makes me sound like an old fuddy duddy at technology :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nocal wrote: »

I use Vault Helper myself. Packmule is better but I haven't been able to get it to run properly since the last update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement