Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

nocal wrote: »
    Just wondering what third party android apps or web extensions people might be using to change gear and loadouts?

Any recommendations? And do you trust them completely i.e. if you had one Jellyhorn would you trust the app to swap it into your character.
    I am aware that you do need to be careful when you implement the swaps - do not do it until you have spawned into a location or when practicing your blue orb technique!
    Cormac... wrote: »
    I trust NONE of them TBH, I realise that makes me sound like an old fuddy duddy at technology :D

Destiny Item Manager (Chrome extension) will change your life.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just wondering what third party android apps or web extensions people might be using to change gear and loadouts?

Any recommendations? And do you trust them completely i.e. if you had one Jellyhorn would you trust the app to swap it into your character.
    I am aware that you do need to be careful when you implement the swaps - do not do it until you have spawned into a location or when practicing your blue orb technique!

I just use the official Destiny app to move weapons around and that, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

The Official Destiny App on Android is really good. It received a huge makeover during the HoW launch. It is way better looking and much faster to use than the previous version. It's absolutely indispensable for me. It's fantastic for swapping weapons, moving materials and checking up on fellow guardians. Also the stat and PVP tracking is superb now too.

There was one night when I could not find my Gjallarhorn, but it turned out I had not refreshed the vault on my app after storing it in the game. :o

The Destiny Item Manager (DIM) plug in for Chrome is also very good, but that is a 3rd party app.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I just use the official Destiny app to move weapons around and that, very handy.

Yeah, to be fair it's actually grand now since they updated it, much faster, though you do need to keep say 3-6 slots free in Weapons and Items for transfers.

I did download an App for iPhone (as VERY few of the stuff is iOS compatible) called "Tower Ghost for Destiny".... but.... I dunno, it aint great, pretty confusing IMHO, and Soooo many updates.

Dunno, I quess I just like the Bungie App and I don't always have the laptop ready next to me (and it's a work laptop too btw so I can't just download any ole extensions or browsers I like), and when I do, I still use the Bungie.net site/CPU monster

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I currently use the official app from time to time. I tend to have 3 copies of a lot of the more important weapons so do not have to do too much swapping of weapons.

I am just finding that the new content requires a little more planning on what gear is required to effectively destroy what is put in front of you. I'll give Destiny Item manager a go I think and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I use Destiny Vault Helper for Android. Brilliant app for swapping weapons. Will transfer from Char 1, to vault, to char 2 in one click. Easy as pie. Doesn't support item/material moves though, which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Use the chrome app, have duel monitors side by side for pc and consoles are hooked up to one of them so use app easily with game on one and app on other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I use Destiny Vault Helper for Android. Brilliant app for swapping weapons. Will transfer from Char 1, to vault, to char 2 in one click. Easy as pie. Doesn't support item/material moves though, which is annoying.

Yes it does, but the Destiny app is better as you can specify how many of the mat/item to move rather than all or nothing like Vault Helper.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yes it does, but the Destiny app is better as you can specify how many of the mat/item to move rather than all or nothing like Vault Helper.

THe original app didn't, and doesn't. It also appears to be no longer supported (you can't update it). I've downloaded the different/new one and yeah, I see it does support item/mat movement now.

I would still say it is better than the official app as it will move stuff in one go - on the official app you have to move them to the vault first, then change selected character, then remove from the vault. More time spent = less usefull on the go.

Right, I have already installed Vault Helper.
    At the very least it shows me what items I have 2 or 3 of that I was not really aware of.
    I was not aware that I had 4 non-Xur Thunderlords (only mentioning that for Cormac's sake :) )
    This will actually be useful to help me clear out some inventory and vault space later on.

Thanks for the recommendations lads.

• Advertisement

Reported!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If you bought your Thunderlord from Xur, it should automatically deduct 100 from your Grimore score...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Destiny Item Manager (Chrome extension) will change your life.

I use DIM as well. Its so handy.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Definitely going to give this a go when I get home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just loaded it up on chrome in office. Will be using it now instead of the app in future. Nice layout, and being able to move directly from one char to another is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok mission accomplished. My Titan is ready for the Reef

Somehow leveling up felt quicker this time. Started early this morning at level 4 and reached level 32 this afternoon.

Now I need to level up my armor and I will be 34 in no time. Wont be doing the warlock for a while though...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Used to use that, then found Tower Ghost for Destiny - allows you to do a lot more than DIM:

Details on Reddit post

redt0m wrote: »
    Used to use that, then found Tower Ghost for Destiny - allows you to do a lot more than DIM:

Details on Reddit post

When it chooses to work on a phone without the constant updates, mine is just "Connecting to Bungie" now all day

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

When it chooses to work on a phone without the constant updates, mine is just "Connecting to Bungie" now all day

I just use it on Chrome browser on laptop, works fine there - haven't tried the phone version

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok mission accomplished. My Titan is ready for the Reef

Somehow leveling up felt quicker this time. Started early this morning at level 4 and reached level 32 this afternoon.

Now I need to level up my armor and I will be 34 in no time. Wont be doing the warlock for a while though...

When was the last time you took a break from Destiny. Your on all day every day :D

When was the last time you took a break from Destiny. Your on all day every day :D

I seen him playing Bloodbourne on PS4..... fecking filthy casual :P

I seen him playing Bloodbourne on PS4..... fecking filthy casual :P

I'd say he had over 2000 hours into Destiny at this stage between both consoles.

I'd say he had over 2000 hours into Destiny at this stage between both consoles.

More like about 1600 including Orbit/Tower if you don't count his deleted characters, not like I checked or anything :P

Such a casual :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just loaded it up on chrome in office. Will be using it now instead of the app in future. Nice layout, and being able to move directly from one char to another is very handy.

The updated v3 is awesome, super clear layout, massive improvements over the original for those of you who might have dropped it at v1, I know I did and skipped v2 but this latest version is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CGIBy9IWUAAapur.png:medium

Looks like we'll be able to purchase Etheric Light from Saladin at rank 3&5, awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Exodues blue is a really good map. Delighted they have added that.

Very nice.
    I lucked out on Treasure keys today, getting 3 from all over the place.

Oh, some nice heat maps (I have a kind of love for heat maps) from Trials, included in the weekly update.
    This one showing where most time was spent.
    too_time_heatmap.jpg

And this one, showing where those pesky snipers tended to try get some shots off.
    too_sniper_heatmap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

wexdevil wrote: »
    CGIBy9IWUAAapur.png:medium

Looks like we'll be able to purchase Etheric Light from Saladin at rank 3&5, awesome!

The bit about the weopon reforging, does that mean we can reforge IB weapons at the gunsmith or are they talking about the current weapon reforging??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The bit about the weopon reforging, does that mean we can reforge IB weapons at the gunsmith or are they talking about the current weapon reforging??

IB weapons will be reforgable with the gunsmith, just like the new HoW weapons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement