Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »

What do you think we can expect from this expansion?

Ideally I would like to see them give us two more planets to play on but I considering how little content they give out I'd expect only one. A new Raid is a must too. I doubt they would create another class, that is something they will probably wait to introduce in a sequel.

I wonder how they will release it; digitally or physically. I would like a retail release so I can get the box. Even if it just comes with a download code.

Whatever happens it has to seamlessly integrate into the current content. It shouldn't involve starting up a separate application when you want to go and do some of the early content and then switch to the new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What do you think we can expect from this expansion?

Ideally I would like to see them give us two more planets to play on but I considering how little content they give out I'd expect only one. A new Raid is a must too. I doubt they would create another class, that is something they will probably wait to introduce in a sequel.

I wonder how they will release it; digitally or physically. I would like a retail release so I can get the box. Even if it just comes with a download code.

Whatever happens it has to seamlessly integrate into the current content. It shouldn't involve starting up a separate application when you want to go and do some of the early content and then switch to the new stuff.

According to the leak we saw a while back:

12 new story missions.
    New sub-class for each char.
    4 Strikes
    1 Raid
    2 new weapon types. (i would guess the sidearm is actually one of those...)

Only new location seems to be a HIVE ship

Obviously that could be wrong. But the leak suggests in general that we won't be getting new locations until Destiny 2. In terms of delivery within the game, it is just a larger DLC - but at the core it is no different from TDB or HoW I would imagine. We'll just have new map markers in the Solar system/planet view.

With 12 new story missions, I hope they are going to progress the overall destiny story. What has us saving the traveller actually done? Stranger coming back?

I would guess it will be digital and physical. I would be shocked if there wasn't a Game of the Year version sold, packaging Destiny Vanilla, TDB, HoW and Comet in one release, with 'Day 1' bonus Gally bundled just to boil some piss!

EDIT:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/13/destiny-2-comet-and-plague-of-darkness-whats-next-for-bungies-shooter-mmo/

Comet: Plague of Darkness
    Date: September 2015
    Locations: Moon, Venus, Mars, Hive Ship
    Activities: 12 Story, 4 Strike, 1 Raid, 1 Location, 6 PvP Maps
    Bonus: New subclasses and 2 new weapon types

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

According to the leak we saw a while back:

12 new story missions.
    New sub-class for each char.
    4 Strikes
    1 Raid
    2 new weapon types. (i would guess the sidearm is actually one of those...)

Only new location seems to be a HIVE ship

Obviously that could be wrong. But the leak suggests in general that we won't be getting new locations until Destiny 2. In terms of delivery within the game, it is just a larger DLC - but at the core it is no different from TDB or HoW I would imagine. We'll just have no map markers in the Solar system/planet view.

With 12 new story missions, I hope they are going to progress the overall destiny story. What has us saving the traveller actually done? Stranger coming back?

I would guess it will be digital and physical. I would be shocked if there was a Game of the Year version sold, packaging Destiny Vanilla, TDB, HoW and Comet in one release, with 'Day 1' bonus Gally bundled just to boil some piss!

EDIT:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/13/destiny-2-comet-and-plague-of-darkness-whats-next-for-bungies-shooter-mmo/

Comet: Plague of Darkness
    Date: September 2015
    Locations: Moon, Venus, Mars, Hive Ship
    Activities: 12 Story, 4 Strike, 1 Raid, 1 Location, 6 PvP Maps
    Bonus: New subclasses and 2 new weapon types

Pretty much came on to say that- I bet it's €40 or so to get this in September, then come Xmas some GOTY type disc with all the expansions for €75 goes to retail. Activist on at its finest.

I'm especially enamoured with Bungie wanting to leave Microsoft to do things their own way, only to fall in with the Hunger of Crota that is Activision. Was discussing it last night with some of the lads- our theory is that all these bugs and improvements that could be ironed out and made are taking so long because Activision are cracking the whip so hard to get the sequel out, there's only a small handful still working on the original game.

With 'season 1' of Destiny now delivered....

Who will buy the next lot?

1. Will you buy The Plague of Darkness?
    2. Will you buy The Plague of Darkness with a season pass for the two further DLCs off the bat?
    3. What would you pay for JUST the PoD expansion?
    4. What would you pay for PoD and season 2 pass?

I will buy the PoD and season pass that I assume will be coming, certain of that. Almost doesn't matter what the price is for it. Though I hope it will be less than Vanilla Destiny and season pass was (~€75 iirc). Destiny has me hooked and no point denying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

With 'season 1' of Destiny now delivered....

Who will buy the next lot?

1. Will you buy The Plague of Darkness?
    2. Will you buy The Plague of Darkness with a season pass for the two further DLCs off the bat?
    3. What would you pay for JUST the PoD expansion?
    4. What would you pay for PoD and season 2 pass?

I will buy the PoD and season pass that I assume will be coming, certain of that. Almost doesn't matter what the price is for it. Though I hope it will be less than Vanilla Destiny and season pass was (~€75 iirc). Destiny has me hooked and no point denying it.

It is over 8 months since it launched and the fact that the disc is still in the slot speaks volumes. Unless there is a major departure from the formula I'll be singing up for the new content as it rolls out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I imagine it will do very well. The game is hugely popular and if you consider the game time you're getting out of the content the new expansion will definitely be value for money, regardless of anyone's thoughts on Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can see myself buying whatever content they release to be honest. I've enjoyed everything they have released so far and put more hours into this game than any I've played before bar the PES series.

I'd happily play new content every 4 months or so.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    It is over 8 months since it launched and the fact that the disc is still in the slot speaks volumes. Unless there is a major departure from the formula I'll be singing up for the new content as it rolls out.

Yeah - not only have I put (far too much) time into the game itself, I would actually say it is saving me money. As I used to buy a game a month, I haven't bought a game myself since October and barely played the ones I was given at christmas.

I'll probably get Witcher at some point, and I will definitely get Batman, but I would honestly say it has saved me money on other games I would have bought - but didn't cause I'm happy enough with Destiny taking up my gaming time. Especially since Cormac (and Iron Banner) won me around to Crucible.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll probably cave and buy it even if the raid is the only part of it I'm in any way interested in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Xur is selling warlock gauntlets called nothing manacles, everything else is old

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Xur is selling warlock gauntlets called nothing manacles, everything else is old

HU9nZD2.jpg

Gauntlet engram too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah - not only have I put (far too much) time into the game itself, I would actually say it is saving me money. As I used to buy a game a month, I haven't bought a game myself since October and barely played the ones I was given at christmas.

I'll probably get Witcher at some point, and I will definitely get Batman, but I would honestly say it has saved me money on other games I would have bought - but didn't cause I'm happy enough with Destiny taking up my gaming time. Especially since Cormac (and Iron Banner) won me around to Crucible.

I can echo these thoughts perfectly. 1 or 2 games a month (on multiple platforms (massive steam backlog, thankfully they where most steam sale bargains). Since I picked up Destiny, bought Bloodbourne (which will be sold on to go towards either Witcher 3 or Batman) and Borderlands: Handsome Collection (Still in it's wrapper). That's it. The positive's of Destiny far outweigh the Negatives, and the community that we have all built up is a major factor in the games draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Voidwalker Sunbreakers? Thats a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Voidwalker Sunbreakers? Thats a purchase.

Stat roll of only 45 Int on those gauntlets. That's very low! I want them too but if you have the motes for the exotic engram, you should gamble with them first and see what you get.

Stat roll of only 45 Int on those gauntlets. That's very low! I want them too but if you have the motes for the exotic engram, you should gamble with them first and see what you get.

68 Disc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Patience and time any use as Snipers go?

Fieldog wrote: »

Yeah it's very good, but unlikely to take up your exotic slot though unless there's arc burn on. It's a great PvP sniper if you don't have Praedyth's Revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah it's very good, but unlikely to take up your exotic slot though unless there's arc burn on. It's a great PvP sniper if you don't have Praedyth's Revenge.

Don't have any exotic sniper's at all and have a few coins burning a hole in my pocket, its not something I would use a lot anyway I'd say but its always nice to have.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the TOO map this week ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the TOO map this week ?

won't know til it goes Live. It has not been announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Fieldog wrote: »

It's a good substitute for Killing Skolas in the Prison of Elsers if you don't have the Arc version of the IB sniper rifle.

won't know til it goes Live. It has not been announced.

Did it not go live at 10 this morning ?

Did it not go live at 10 this morning ?

10am pacific time.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    10am pacific time.

So many reset times :( at least we can see what he's selling !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Patience and Time, thanks again Xur, the Agent that just keeps on giving. The only original exotic that's now outstanding from my collection is NO LAND BEYOND.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    Patience and Time, thanks again Xur, the Agent that just keeps on giving. The only original exotic that's now outstanding from my collection is NO LAND BEYOND.

Lucky you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got the new Titan and hunter arms from engrams but no joy on the warlocks so just bought them from xur

Got the new Titan and hunter arms from engrams but no joy on the warlocks so just bought them from xur

What are the Titan perks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

What are the Titan perks ?

MOAR PUNCHING!

(I have no idea) :D

• Advertisement

MOAR PUNCHING!

(I have no idea) :D

I like punching :)

This discussion has been closed.