Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I like punching :)

Fancy a level 34 PoE run this evening? I need that Variks chestpiece for my Warlock and then I can get him to 34. I'm lagging behind all you guys. Haven't been playing HoW as much as I though I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fancy a level 34 PoE run this evening? I need that Variks chestpiece for my Warlock and then I can get him to 34. I'm lagging behind all you guys. Haven't been playing HoW as much as I though I would.

Yea I'll play but could be after 10 by the time in home.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Anyone else finding Destiny is being nicer to them lately? Been Playing Crucible lately and I seem to be getting a least one legendary every time I play for say 2 hours. Never had this kind of luck playing before, would be lucky if I got one every two weeks in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

What are the Titan perks ?

Taking damage from a melee attack does area damage around you , plus MOAR punching

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Taking damage from a melee attack does area damage around you , plus MOAR punching

Sounds good think I'll buy a few engram's :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dramatik wrote: »
    Anyone else finding Destiny is being nicer to them lately? Been Playing Crucible lately and I seem to be getting a least one legendary every time I play for say 2 hours. Never had this kind of luck playing before, would be lucky if I got one every two weeks in the past.

They've upped the legendary drop rate in crucible in a big way since HoW dropped. I've had 4 so far and not even been playing that much. I want Ill Will but I've only been getting the sniper and fusion rifles so far.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They've upped the legendary drop rate in crucible in a big way since HoW dropped. I've had 4 so far and not even been playing that much. I want Ill Will but I've only been getting the sniper and fusion rifles so far.

Had a feeling something had been changed. Got:

2 x hand cannon
    1 x auto rifle
    1 x shotgun
    1 x sniper
    1 x heavy machine gun

and I've only played maybe about 6 hours in total.

Finally got a void sniper which I've been looking for, for a long time!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dramatik wrote: »
    Had a feeling something had been changed. Got:

2 x hand cannon
    1 x auto rifle
    1 x shotgun
    1 x sniper
    1 x heavy machine gun

and I've only played maybe about 6 hours in total.

What was the hand cannon? I've seen The Revalator drop a few times but it doesn't look particularly special.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The snipers all I want! Best PvP sniper on the game if you roll it correctly

AdamD wrote: »
    The snipers all I want! Best PvP sniper on the game if you roll it correctly

hmmm, I've sharded two of them already :pac: What makes it so good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'll be around tonight Steve ... need to do this on my fat ass Titan

I'll be around tonight Steve ... need to do this on my fat ass Titan

Cool! Bring your Titan bubbles and we'll be grand!

I'm hoping to get on early (7ish) and get some gear levelled up. You need to run Nightfalls still?? I've only done 1 this week.

Cool! Bring your Titan bubbles and we'll be grand!

I'm hoping to get on early (7ish) and get some gear levelled up. You need to run Nightfalls still?? I've only done 1 this week.

I need to do two nightfalls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Same. Solo'd it on the warlock, but need to do the other two

hmmm, I've sharded two of them already :pac: What makes it so good?

Rate of fire and base aim assist rating are both highest in the game.

Ah I see, I might hold on to the next one that drops so.

Does anyone know if the legendary crucible drops are playlist specific? I've been wanting Ill Will, but from looking around it might only drop in Salvage?

What was the hand cannon? I've seen The Revalator drop a few times but it doesn't look particularly special.

Got 2 x revelators one has decent mods the other I'll be spending a few motes to get something I like. The range on them was quite low as far as I can remember but the decent one I got had a mod which boosted the range, it also had gains better target acquisition and some other decent mod which I can't remember right now. I'll probably play with that one for a bit and see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The weapons in the game are now broken, imo. Reforging and ascending them have broken it imo.

Firstly, I will admit I love my 365 Fatebringer and 365 VoC, when which joined with my 365 Void Messenger gives me burn shredding goodness.

However, my appetite for beating level 35 PoE is minimal to be honest - i haven't even tried it. I completed VoG to get the elemental primaries. I completed Crota to get the elemental primaries, but i've not such desire for PoE. If I complete it, it will simply be to complete and and the enjoyment that will hopefully come from that. That isn't a bad thing, really, but there are no drops I want. Fatebringer and VoC are back to being my go-to guns for PvE, don't see that changing.

Reforging has also caused problem, imo. There is little point to the different weapons now. One hadncannon is much the same as the next, really, as you can reroll and reroll till you get the perks you want. The perks of a weapons should be part of what makes it desirable or unique. You should want a particular gun, imo, because of the perks it has. Fatebringer with firefly was such great fun. You can roll it on to loads of handcannons now. Guns don't have a desirability or uniqueness, imo. Sure, the base stats will appeal to people - i want X gun because it has such great impact - but with the perks being random and swappable (within a select pool, i think) the desire for a particular weapon is less.

I get why Bungie made the changes, and they are ones I welcomed and wanted - but looking at the change now, I do feel that the specialness of any given weapon has been somewhat ruined.

Who'd be a game designer, eh?

Sounds like a session lads!! See you later.

Pretty sure you can't roll the fate bringer perks onto another hand cannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Does anyone know if the legendary crucible drops are playlist specific? I've been wanting Ill Will, but from looking around it might only drop in Salvage?

I got Ill Will last night playing Clash on the new HoW maps.

I'm sure that you can't get the Firefly perk on hand cannons. It's usually only available on scouts and snipers afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You can roll outlaw, but not firefly.

not the exact same perks - but you can, for example, get firefly iirc. My point, in general, is that rerolling means any gun of a particular type (and subtype) will be pretty much the same as another. just reroll until you get the perks you want with the base stats you are happy with.

You can roll outlaw, but not firefly.

ok, lets not get bogged down in the specifics though, my general point is more general than the specifics of one exact gun.

I disagree tbh, can't roll elementals on primaries and that's what makes those weapons so valuable.

I disagree tbh, can't roll elementals on primaries and that's what makes those weapons so valuable.

But you have people talking about wanting, for example, Ill Will. That is not elemental. And, imo, it will be much the same as any hand cannon of similar type, because its roll is not going to be specific to that gun. You may not, for example, want one over another because the first has outlaw and the other has crowd control. Just roll to get the one you want.

When you then start looking at the other weapons, you don't even have the argument of elemental damage, as you can roll to get that one too. For example, you won't be deciding between a Judgement or Rude Awakening based on their damage type (Oh, I need a void one so i'll go for x...) you can just roll to get the damage type.

Its not that every gun is basically the same, its that when you do get a gun, imo, it doesn't really matter. I remember getting a Sentient Reaper with firefly and some other awesome perk - that was great. A win for loot! If I got a sentient reaper now it doesn't matter what roll I get, i can just reroll til i get what I am happy with.

Some guns should be special and allow reforging, but i think in general guns should be unique and the set perks set guns apart. that has now been lost.

Rolls were always random on non raid legendaries, in fact, non raid legendaries have always just been shards to me particularly in the case of primary weapons. i only want Ill Will because it's good for PvP.

Firefly is only a big deal on FB because it does arc damage, it's a fairly useless perk otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

How the flip do you solo a nightfall??!!

I find them hard enough with two others never mind attempting it on my own.

Fair play.

Im still playing through the new story mode but would like to do the nightfall if anyone's about and fancies helping a lowly level 32 through it.

I'll post up on the ps4 chat if I get online.

Cheers.

Also may be on the Vita so chat mightn't happen just to let ye know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So what are the best guns in the game now that anything can be upgraded?

Seems like everyone is talking about Fatebringer, VoC and Jellyhorn (obviously none of which I have).

I have at least one exotic shard to hand to upgrade something. So what's worth upgrading out of all the Xur weapons (Red Death, Suros, Icebreaker, Hard Light, Last Word) or Crota weapons (bar the hand cannon)? What about Thunderlord?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement