Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eggy81 wrote: »
    Prison of elders level 32 stage 4 wave 2. Wtf.
    I'm ibviously not a great player but there must be a process to taking this one out. Was trying to focus on the Wizards with patience and time but just could not get them killed fast enough or else before they killed me. What way did any of us go about it.

What's the modifier on that one? Patience & Time is Arc (blue) Damage, Wizards have Solar (orange) shields, so if you have a solar weapon you'll drop their shields much quicker. Also when you enter the arena head to the left and there's a platform there which will provide a bit of cover for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's the modifier on that one? Patience & Time is Arc (blue) Damage, Wizards have Solar (orange) shields, so if you have a solar weapon you'll drop their shields much quicker. Also when you enter the arena head to the left and there's a platform there which will provide a bit of cover for you.
    Its that fecking arc room. Its a HORRIBLE room. Only beaten in legit once. Cheesed it a few other times. EVERYTHING can either one shot your or two shot you. HATE THAT PLACE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's an arc burn stage. P@t does seem to be hurting them significantly. I think that platform you mention is where I'm going. Might try ice breaker next time. The first mine pops up and 2-3 seconds later the Wizards are out. Panic ensues then with team mates going for mines too fast. I set up a bubble on platform and have got the first wizard dead and second one down to a hair but always someone kills us. Think maybe frustration took over. Might have more success next time.

It's an arc burn stage. P@t does seem to be hurting them significantly. I think that platform you mention is where I'm going. Might try ice breaker next time. The fist mind pops up and 2-3 seconds later the Wizards are out. Panic ensues then with team mates going for mines too fast. I set up a bubble on platform and have got the first wizard dead and second one down to a hair but always someone kills us. Think maybe frustration took over. Might have more success next time.

Even with gallys its a pain - need two in quick succession to take them out quickly enough. Its a horrible stage. even on lv32 as a lv34 it is horrible. worse than the final stage by a mile, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

It's an arc burn stage. P@t does seem to be hurting them significantly. I think that platform you mention is where I'm going. Might try ice breaker next time. The fist mind pops up and 2-3 seconds later the Wizards are out. Panic ensues then with team mates going for mines too fast. I set up a bubble on platform and have got the first wizard dead and second one down to a hair but always someone kills us. Think maybe frustration took over. Might have more success next time.

Use a solar rocket launcher on the wizards, the damage should take their shields down and stagger them

• Advertisement

Even with gallys its a pain - need two in quick succession to take them out quickly enough. Its a horrible stage. even on lv32 as a lv34 it is horrible. worse than the final stage by a mile, imo.

What's the cheese method. I was 2 hours at it there with n success after farming for treasure keys all morning. Infuriating.

What's the cheese method. I was 2 hours at it there with n success after farming for treasure keys all morning. Infuriating.

There is a spot over the doors the enemies spawn out of on either side - if you stand in the right spot (its on a ledge above the doors, with some mist coming out of the ground) the enemies don't leave the doors. So you can run freely to each mine. once the mines are done, you have to release the doors and sprint back to the left side of the level so you can kill the enemies. You need to leave one alive so that you can make it back to the cheese spot before the wave ends (if the next waves kicks off before you get there, you have to do it properly)

There is a spot over the doors the enemies spawn out of on either side - if you stand in the right spot (its on a ledge above the doors, with some mist coming out of the ground) the enemies don't leave the doors. So you can run freely to each mine. once the mines are done, you have to release the doors and sprint back to the left side of the level so you can kill the enemies. You need to leave one alive so that you can make it back to the cheese spot before the wave ends (if the next waves kicks off before you get there, you have to do it properly)

Cheers. I'll be trying that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you have any hunters get them to diffuse the mines using invisibility and the rest of you can pick off the mobs from cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

2 shots of a Gally takes down the wizards in wave 2, some **** of level though. I gave up last night at 01:30 when I woke my girlfriend in a rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Universal remote and the dreamwaker as rewards in 2nd go of POE. Pretty happy with that.

So far been in 2 good match made games.

Enjoying the small bit of DLC I've tried so far. Story was fun as is POE

Need to get me some of that new light stuff though to rank up.

Edit... One match in HOW crucible and I get a legendary sniper rifle low grade humility. Pity I never use sniper rifles other than ice breaker were necessary. Still though nice rewards tonight so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished off the Invective exotic bounty. I never use shotguns though so this is another gun to just waste away in the Vault I'd say.

Also had fun with some people from here playing Crota HM late last night. It was the first Raid I've taken part in since February but it all came back to me. Except the first section of the Raid, I didn't have a clue where I was going. Although I never really did. I had to duck out after 2am after a few tries at Crota. I hope the guys found someone else to jump in.

I just finished off the Invective exotic bounty. I never use shotguns though so this is another gun to just waste away in the Vault I'd say.

Also had fun with some people from here playing Crota HM late last night. It was the first Raid I've taken part in since February but it all came back to me. Except the first section of the Raid, I didn't have a clue where I was going. Although I never really did. I had to duck out after 2am after a few tries at Crota. I hope the guys found someone else to jump in.

I've still only played the raids a handful of time. Only kinda half getting the hang of it now to be honest.

Ya kind need to be doing them regularly I reckon

CianRyan wrote: »
    2 shots of a Gally takes down the wizards in wave 2, some **** of level though. I gave up last night at 01:30 when I woke my girlfriend in a rage.

Got 3 treasure keys in the space of 90 minutes from the wolf pack chest in skywatch today and assumed me and 2 mates would piss level 32. Boy were we wrong.
    Considering playing 28 again just to get something from my farming and time put in today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I generally don't use shottys either but Invective is pretty good. The fact it recharges it's own ammo is pretty handy in a pinch too. Not sure what the time on it is, maybe every half minute to a minute (it feels like anyway) but you get four shells on each recharge. Have to be loaded into the gun unlike with Icebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Possibly our finest moment, coming back from 0-4 down and ruining someone's flawless streak. Much props to Needs More Beard and Badass Maniac, I was mostly a corpse.

From approx 2 hr point onwards. Shame there is no sound.
    http://www.twitch.tv/smilebeforedeath/b/664652487

Ah it was a great match :D Go to 2:13:45 to see heartbreak.
    I caught a bit of the stream after the match, when my roommate was checking it out, seems he was unhappy with one of his team for not pushing when they called for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've had the most fun playing Destiny in TOO tonight with Bag and UBR.

I ended up going 9-2 with one character and called it a night at 3-1 with my second as it was 2.30 :(

We had some cracking games but one stand out was coming back from 4-0 down to tie at 4-4 with 3 warlocks on the other team. The last round must of had 8 to 10 revives per team. Basically everyone on our team was dead, Bag and Uber revive kill there 3 guys who then revive and basically between the 5 of them they set the whole map on fire :D

Edit; The video Bag posted above is when we met the same team I mentioned two games later and got sweet revenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Possibly our finest moment, coming back from 0-4 down and ruining someone's flawless streak. Much props to Needs More Beard and Badass Maniac, I was mostly a corpse.

From approx 2 hr point onwards. Shame there is no sound.
    http://www.twitch.tv/smilebeforedeath/b/664652487

Oh he looks very upset, maybe it's for the best theres no sound, I imagine it wasn't pleasant. How did ye know he was streaming it?

• Advertisement

Badass recognised him as a youtuber. The_Great_Aku stumbled onto his twitch stream then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When did the daily reset change to 10am? It used to be 7am right?

I was up early and was going to get a few bounties done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Always been 10am BST/ 9am GMT.

was never 7am, unless you live somewhere in the atlantic.... is either 9am or 10am, depending on the time of year. generally 10am for the most part.

Do you need to rank up crucible a certain amount before you start getting some good drops or is it totally random.

Also where an you get ill will to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Anyone on PS4 up for a VOG/TOO/PoE32?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,648 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Do you need to rank up crucible a certain amount before you start getting some good drops or is it totally random.

Also where an you get ill will to drop.

I think its random to a point but coming in the top 3 certainly helps. I don't think Crucible level matters but you'll need your character's level to be mid twenties at least to get legendary drops.

Just played prison of elders again but when it came to the end I didn't get to open the loot as I died falling and had to go back to the start.

Was just about to open the big loot chest and it timed out.

So ****in stupid that they do this.

What's with Bungies obsession with falling down a big hole.?!

Version 1.2.0.2 deploys tomorrow between 4-5 pm.

• Advertisement

Nightfall this week is the archon priest with small arms, arc and solar burns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement