Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nightfall this week is the archon priest with small arms, arc and solar burns.

Nice quick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfall this week is the archon priest with small arms, arc and solar burns.

Are all 4 arms small or just his front 2? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

what is the POE armor piece ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No burn on Skolas, just melee modifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are all 4 arms small or just his front 2? :confused:

Double Fatebringer burn so (small arms and arc). Nice!

• Advertisement

what is the POE armor piece ?

Titan is the helm with 126 strength :( I'll still buy it though :)

If anyone is looking for me I'll be jumping off cliffs making aeroplane sounds :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Titan is the helm with 126 strength :( I'll still buy it though :)

If anyone is looking for me I'll be jumping off cliffs making aeroplane sounds :D

Nobody will want to play with you now because you won't fit through the doors in the PoE.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nobody will want to play with you now because you won't fit through the doors in the PoE.

I'll blend in with the Hobogoblins. They will think I'm one of them :)

Think were trying to get teams together for IB most nights this week if your around.

I'll blend in with the Hobogoblins. They will think I'm one of them :)

Think were trying to get teams together for IB most nights this week if your around.

Yeah looking forward to IB, after a quick Nightfall of course.

What the f**k is the sudden obsession with Strength armour, it sucks so badly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've heard people saying that Bungie are trying to artificially slow down progress with strength only armour.
    It gives people another reason to grind for armour with intellect and discipline.

Possibly our finest moment, coming back from 0-4 down and ruining someone's flawless streak. Much props to Needs More Beard and Badass Maniac, I was mostly a corpse.

From approx 2 hr point onwards. Shame there is no sound.
    http://www.twitch.tv/smilebeforedeath/b/664652487

This was epic, his reaction is priceless! Well done Abuses, Beard and Badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've heard people saying that Bungie are trying to artificially slow down progress with strength only armour.
    It gives people another reason to grind for armour with intellect and discipline.

Dunno about anyone else but I have plenty of armour with the right rolls, and etheric light will get those up to 34. I've no reason to go after the PoE gear, to be honest. it looks crap and has crap rolls. If it looked awesome, like the ToO gear I'd go after it, but meh. not bothered.

Barely touched PoE last week. Think I did one 32 run. Played a lot of PvP instead. With IB back this evening, whatever destiny time I have will be PvP again this week.

You've converted me Cormac, I'm a PvP player now!:D

Yeah looking forward to IB, after a quick Nightfall of course.

I'll be on around 8

I'll be on around 8

I'll be on tonight as well - IB is going to be awesome.

Team S***bag with Thorn again I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've to put a lot more practice into ToO/skirmish, I do great at control/clash as I know what I'm doing but the amount of coordination/tactics on ToO is a bit about that.

Had a few good runs at Trials of Osiris this week, went:
    9-1, 7-2 & 5-1.

No lighthouse for me this week :/ Most of that was done on level 33 characters.
    Should have enough gear to get all 3 characters to Level 34 now. Ideally I wanted all 34 IB gear but I'm not too flush with Etheric Light this time around.

Dunno about anyone else but I have plenty of armour with the right rolls, and etheric light will get those up to 34.

Exactly, this makes the PoE gear stats all the more bizarre. Unless they're trying to promote the Brawler perk in PoE but still...

Dunno about anyone else but I have plenty of armour with the right rolls, and etheric light will get those up to 34. I've no reason to go after the PoE gear, to be honest. it looks crap and has crap rolls. If it looked awesome, like the ToO gear I'd go after it, but meh. not bothered.

Barely touched PoE last week. Think I did one 32 run. Played a lot of PvP instead. With IB back this evening, whatever destiny time I have will be PvP again this week.

You've converted me Cormac, I'm a PvP player now!:D

I honestly am not really bothered by PoE for the same reasons. The gear is crap and the Modifiers (Arc Hive with Mines sans-cheese anyone?) seem to artificially inflate the difficulty.

Now the ToO gear isn't exactly the best of the best for PvP but (it looks cool) I'm definitely more about the whole ascending my previous gear now. Especially considering I built some pretty decent PvP sets for each of my characters.

I usually go for increased melee attack speed, increased reload speed on whatever primary I use, extra heavy ammo ~100 INT, >65% DIS, >50% STR.

I was sooooooo so wrong with my perception of how ToO plays out. It's a totally different kettle of fish to the modes I spent most of my time in.

The best I got so far was a 9-1 with Eire (conicdentally after you left haha) when we got JLReflex is a ringer..... he went like 18-6 or something in one match while me and Eire were like 6-9 each :pac:

Totally carried, still haven't gotten to see the lighthouse :o

But to be fair I wasn't taking it as serious as I should have been weapons/gear wise
    Exactly, this makes the PoE gear stats all the more bizarre. Unless they're trying to promote the Brawler perk in PoE but still...

I don't know how may times I've thought to myself "Goddamnit I wish these Sniper Rifles could 1-shot Dregs"

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Didn't get a chance this weekend to play ToO again :( so I'm going to grind IB to grab that etheric light and level up, might even do it on two characters.

• Advertisement

No burn on Skolas, just melee modifiers.

Folks on reddit claiming Destiny App is wrong and there's actually void burn on Skolas. Should be a cake walk if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Folks on reddit claiming Destiny App is wrong and there's actually void burn on Skolas. Should be a cake walk if that's true.

That sounds very suspicious

If that's the case I'll be taking my void LDR and Word out of the vault and getting to work on him this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWsGUX9f9ow&feature=youtu.be

thebag89 wrote: »
    That sounds very suspicious

It could be correct because the app is showing that I've completed 32 and 34 already. At least I think I'm in work now and not playing destiny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I honestly am not really bothered by PoE for the same reasons. The gear is crap and the Modifiers (Arc Hive with Mines sans-cheese anyone?) seem to artificially inflate the difficulty.

Now the ToO gear isn't exactly the best of the best for PvP but (it looks cool) I'm definitely more about the whole ascending my previous gear now. Especially considering I built some pretty decent PvP sets for each of my characters.

I usually go for increased melee attack speed, increased reload speed on whatever primary I use, extra heavy ammo ~100 INT, >65% DIS, >50% STR.

I was sooooooo so wrong with my perception of how ToO plays out. It's a totally different kettle of fish to the modes I spent most of my time in.

The best I got so far was a 9-1 with Eire (conicdentally after you left haha) when we got JLReflex is a ringer..... he went like 18-6 or something in one match while me and Eire were like 6-9 each :pac:

Totally carried, still haven't gotten to see the lighthouse :o

But to be fair I wasn't taking it as serious as I should have been weapons/gear wise

I don't know how may times I've thought to myself "Goddamnit I wish these Sniper Rifles could 1-shot Dregs"

Its similar to my rant about weapons last week - with etheric light, the need to do the end game activities is a lot smaller than it was previously, almost to the point it doesn't exist.

Run level 35 PoE, or have fun ripping through Crota/VoG?

wexdevil wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance this weekend to play ToO again :( so I'm going to grind IB to grab that etheric light and level up, might even do it on two characters.

I actually found ToO very easy for getting Etheric light.

Considering you get the boots at 5 wins, I got 3 Etheric light across 2 characters. That was enough to get both characters to 34 and 1 Etheric light left over.

Also I didn't finish out my second card, so that would have been another Etheric light drop.

Grinding to level 3 on IB before you can buy an Etheric light seems much harder!

Ta-da
    There is a new story mission available on the moon

"The archon slayer" is now playable... Interesting.

Edit: It is only available once the bounty is picked up.

Edit:
    More like a glorified bounty. No dialogue, very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Easiest way to get some etheric light?
    Poe 34 Not an option at the moment.

• Advertisement

eggy81 wrote: »
    Easiest way to get some etheric light?
    Poe 34 Moran option at the moment.

You can buy some at level 3 and 5 of IB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement