Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Blazer wrote: »
    Hi..I'm on PS4 :(
    thanks anyway. I've a void shotgun so I might just hang close to control points but I'll prob get bored to death first.

No worries. The first time I did the Thorn bounty, I used a void shotgun and void heavy machine gun. It took a lot longer to do than it should have. Having a a choice of void fusion rifles should make it easier this time around for me. On top of the other advice given, I'd suggest hanging around where the heavy ammo appears and make sure you get some and use it! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got an Exotic helm called Skull of Dire Ahamkara, which I've never heard of.

Doesn't look as cool as Light Beyond Nemesis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Got an Exotic helm called Skull of Dire Ahamkara, which I've never heard of.

Doesn't look as cool as Light Beyond Nemesis though.

I have it as well, never maxed it out because I was waiting for xur to sell the upgraded version which he did last week.

Its a good helmet mostly when used as voidwalker, kills with the nova bomb will automatically regenerate your super, it use to come handy in VoG when you would go into venus, use your super, kill everything inside, and then automatically get a new super!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have it as well, never maxed it out because I was waiting for xur to sell the upgraded version which he did last week.

Its a good helmet mostly when used as voidwalker, kills with the nova bomb will automatically regenerate your super, it use to come handy in VoG when you would go into venus, use your super, kill everything inside, and then automatically get a new super!

I think that's Obsidian Mind you're talking about? Skull of Dire Amkhara makes you harder to kill when doing the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Correct me if I'm wrong button crota helmet is rare on normal and a bit more likely on har.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong button crota helmet is rare on normal and a bit more likely on har.

Yup. I've seen 3 drop on normal since the start and in my only two hard mode clears I've gotten two helmets already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Did the nightfall last night with two other Super Subs dropping in half way through my first solo attempt (thanks again fellas) - surprisingly handy. For my sins I got 12 coins...

And then had a lash off Crota past the bridge and Abyss Defiant dropped. Having a blast with that auto rifle now ... very very nice

I've only beaten Crota twice on normal but the helmet dropped for me the second time.

I've only beaten Crota twice on normal but the helmet dropped for me the second time.

Cleared it 32 times so far (probably 24 non repeatitive give or take), half on normal and about half on hard, not a single helmet on Xb1 for any of my classes

Cleared it 20 times on PS4, probably 9-10 of those on hard, got 2 helmets both while doing it on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bohrio wrote: »
    Cleared it 32 times so far (probably 24 non repeatitive give or take), half on normal and about half on hard, not a single helmet on Xb1 for any of my classes

Cleared it 20 times on PS4, probably 9-10 of those on hard, got 2 helmets both while doing it on normal.

Can you sherpa me through it on hard?? I've been 3 weeks at the crota checkpoint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I keep getting helmets with ****ty strengths rolls. Finally completed my Hunter God Roll last night giving me 100% intellect and 98% discipline though :pac:

Can you sherpa me through it on hard?? I've been 3 weeks at the crota checkpoint!

HEya

Sure we can give it a go this week, I still have to do it on all my 3 hunters!

Once you get used to all the go middle, move back in, back out, etc it is quiet easy.

all you need is plenty of heavy ammo synths and good predisposition! and a team willing to try until we get it right

Anyone see the reddit posts yesterday suggesting that Bungie have moved back HoW to 19th May?

Looks to me like the sequel may be getting delayed and they're trying to bridge the gap with DLC (if it's true).

Anyone see the reddit posts yesterday suggesting that Bungie have moved back HoW to 19th May?

Looks to me like the sequel may be getting delayed and they're trying to bridge the gap with DLC (if it's true).

April and May always seemed like a better fit to me, given the apparent timelines.

Comet (or whatever it will be called) is due in September. 3 months between Crota being properly released and HoW, then 6 months to Comet seemed odd. Putting it in May roughly halves the gap.

It's going to be hard to sustain interest in the already exhausted content for that length of time though. I'm already finding the grind to be off-putting ... the lack of new strikes or significantly different content means my highlights are the Nightfall (repetitive) and the Xur Day expectation (and the chance to she'd some strange coins)

It's going to be hard to sustain interest in the already exhausted content for that length of time though. I'm already finding the grind to be off-putting ... the lack of new strikes or significantly different content means my highlights are the Nightfall (repetitive) and the Xur Day expectation (and the chance to she'd some strange coins)

agreed. I actually think it could be sorted, a little, if they introduced level 33 armour.

If we weren't suffering a massive damage penalty in crota on hard mode it might actually be enjoyable rather than a bit of a chore.

They made big mistakes with light level and set up of CE Hard, imo. Big mistakes.

Crota HM is still pretty easy once you have the sword down. I really don't get the light levels gripe, they made it more difficult. Nobody would have said a word if they just added more enemies, but everyone flips their lid if they raise the level of the enemies.

My biggest worry about this is that after waiting an extra month we'll still be looking at 1 raid, 1 strike, some pvp maps and story missions, exactly what would have been released in May. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a big patch with a level 32 VoG, an overhaul to PVP and a new Queen's Wrath or equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, I hope the delay is not true. It's gotten to the point now for me where there is no benefit to running VoG anymore (unless helping people). Even CE is getting to that point, if only that damn Crux, Word of Crota and Hammer would drop!

Did Bungie ever actually confirm that House of Wolves was releasing in March? Personally I'm not too disappointed. It gives me plenty of time to reach level 32 and also enjoy other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If there going with a May release, I think we will lose a lot of the player base, as there really wasn't much content for the Crota DLC. Having said that, we will see the same problem with House of Wolves.

IMHO, for Destiny 2, they really need the same amount of content of lets say Dragon Age Inquisition, if they want to keep people playing long term, and the DLC will need to be more substantial.

As it stands, the end game is fairly sparse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Anyone fancy doing VOG normal mode this evening?

AdamD wrote: »
    Crota HM is still pretty easy once you have the sword down. I really don't get the light levels gripe, they made it more difficult. Nobody would have said a word if they just added more enemies, but everyone flips their lid if they raise the level of the enemies.

My biggest worry about this is that after waiting an extra month we'll still be looking at 1 raid, 1 strike, some pvp maps and story missions, exactly what would have been released in May. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a big patch with a level 32 VoG, an overhaul to PVP and a new Queen's Wrath or equivalent.

My problem is that it is full, ABSOLUTELY FULL of bullet sponges. Had there been more enemies that were more killable, it would have been fine (imo) change the 32 normal enemies to hallowed ones if you want, difficult but fine.

But changing them to 33 (so a massive damage increase against us, and a damage decrease against them) AND making hallowed? FECK OFF! It isn't fun unloading a full clip to kill a standard ememy, or having to use full sniper clips to down a Knight. Never mind Thralls, the weakest enemy in the game, being a melee match for your fully upgraded guardian.

It was a lazy, lazy, way of making CE harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

AdamD wrote: »
    I keep getting helmets with ****ty strengths rolls. Finally completed my Hunter God Roll last night giving me 100% intellect and 98% discipline though :pac:

I'd take strength over discipline, more so for throwing knives. Hunter grenades are useless.

My problem is that it is full, ABSOLUTELY FULL of bullet sponges. Had there been more enemies that were more killable, it would have been fine (imo) change the 32 normal enemies to hallowed ones if you want, difficult but fine.

But changing them to 33 (so a massive damage increase against us, and a damage decrease against them) AND making hallowed? FECK OFF! It isn't fun unloading a full clip to kill a standard ememy, or having to use full sniper clips to down a Knight. Never mind Thralls, the weakest enemy in the game, being a melee match for your fully upgraded guardian.

It was a lazy, lazy, way of making CE harder.

All of the enemies are killable, you'll still kill thralls in one or two shots of a decent hand cannon too. I love the way people crack on about this being the reason CE is harder, its really not, its has barely any effect really. The actual difficulty in CE comes with the enrage timer and no health regeneration on Crota, not 'bullet sponges'. I'm glad they made Hard Mode actually 'Hard', though really it was only difficult for a few days, now every nook and cranny has been figured out and there are plenty of stats which make it fairly simple.

I'd take strength over discipline, more so for throwing knives. Hunter grenades are useless.

I don't know about that - I use trip mine grenades as 'sticky bombs' - you just need to perfect your head shot throw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone want to run VoG HM tonight about 8 ? I should have 2 gorgan checkpoints on my hunter and warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Picked up the Thorn bounty last night, and very hastily made it to the 3rd part of the bounty. Am now stuck on the crucible part, mainly because my only void weapons are rocket launchers or machine guns... if anyone else on PS4 would like to group up on the crucible and, well... unlock it our own way, give us a shout

PSN: genisis87

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Picked up the Thorn bounty last night, and very hastily made it to the 3rd part of the bounty. Am now stuck on the crucible part, mainly because my only void weapons are rocket launchers or machine guns... if anyone else on PS4 would like to group up on the crucible and, well... unlock it our own way, give us a shout

PSN: genisis87

I'll send you a request shortly ...I've on the crucible part as well :)

u are on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blazer wrote: »
    I'll send you a request shortly ...I've on the crucible part as well :)

u are on PS4?

Yup, PS4... PSN is genisis87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yup, PS4... PSN is genisis87

sent you an invite..I'll try and get on in the next 30 mins or so or later if that suits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement