Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can buy some at level 3 and 5 of IB.

Don't see iron banner available to me. Just got ill will on my very first ever game of clash.

Been playing salvage since yesterday and got 3 or 4 scouts and a pulse rifle. Seems much easier to get head than pve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

eggy81 wrote: »
    Don't see iron banner available to me. Just got ill will on my very first ever game of clash.

Been playing salvage since yesterday and got 3 or 4 scouts and a pulse rifle. Seems much easier to get head than pve

Why would IB not be available to you? It's available to all :confused: (edit, wait sorry, I should point out it does't go live till 6pm GMT)

Also for anyone looking to cheese Kaliks in PoE
    Just taken him down twice with this method:

1) Ignore Boss 2) Burn down adds until there are none left, no more will spawn until you starting attacking him. 3) Hit Kailks with rockets, then switch to snipers, no need to synth 4) Kill target that spawns after he dies 5) Profit

His health pool isn't huge, 3x Gally not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just done the new quest bounty and got treasure key when I handed it in. First one I've got in over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ps4 servers down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

eggy81 wrote: »
    Ps4 servers down?

Destiny severs are down. Back within the hour according to Bungie on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ammo consumables now stack to 100!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh praise RNGesus.

Also, guaranteed Treasure Key from the first wanted fallen bounty you do each week as well as increased drop rate from chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Guaranteed treasure key on first Queens bounty completion per week.

Ether chests can only be looted once.

Treasure key drop rate increased for both small PoE chests and ether chests.

Tokens of Judgment/Order/Flight can be dismantled for 10 PoE rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All great little tweaks. In fairness to Bungie they really are listening to what the players want !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    All great little tweaks. In fairness to Bungie they really are listening to what the players want !!

Except seemingly rebalancing Thorn in pvp. Something needs to be done about it whether it is a damage reduction, dot damage reduction/time reduction or increased bullet spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Except seemingly rebalancing Thorn in pvp. Something needs to be done about it whether it is a damage reduction, dot damage reduction/time reduction or increased bullet spread.

Don't you dare touch my Thorn :D

Could someone kindly post up a reminder of what you should be wearing in the Iron Banner to maximise reputation gain?

There is a shader right? But what about Class Armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Did the nightfall 3 times, first reward was Etheric light and then for the other two I got the exact same heavy machine gun :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wexdevil wrote: »
    Did the nightfall 3 times, first reward was Etheric light and then for the other two I got the exact same heavy machine gun :/

Same here except I didn't get any Etheric Light

Sawtooth Oscillator twice in a row and I already had it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could someone kindly post up a reminder of what you should be wearing in the Iron Banner to maximise reputation gain?

There is a shader right? But what about Class Armour?

Shader, emblem and class item (cloak/mark/skirt).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

First glimpse at new DLC marketing?

I think it's legit....

http://m.imgur.com/a/N9at4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

on 3rd character, got to 12 before i had to stop due to boredom. Don't need a great single player but 1-20 is a worse grind than the rest.

This is going to be a very long and frustrating Iron Banner.

5 games played. 5 defeats but I've been top 2 in those games on my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

This is going to be a very long and frustrating Iron Banner.

5 games played. 5 defeats but I've been top 2 in those games on my team.

You need me on your team :) Add on xbox one is Carniflex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    on 3rd character, got to 12 before i had to stop due to boredom. Don't need a great single player but 1-20 is a worse grind than the rest.

Did it on my Hunter and Titan recently, it's a hard slog to Twenty with them guns.... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did it on my Hunter and Titan recently, it's a hard slog to Twenty with them guns.... :/

Made the characters at the start, so transferred weapons over as I level the first pair. So I'm good on weapons until 20, still need armour but it drops often now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Ripped IB a new one last night - cheers to Cable, UBR, Beatin, naughttoKev and Johnny for having me along.

Only losses were imposed by complete BS lag issues with a few players - cheating or bogband, who knows...

Overall went positive KD in most matches and won the vast majority. Just 50 shy of rank two on day one after only a couple of hours play. Sweet!

Thorn is essential though ... vast majority of kills were with Thorn (as were deaths). It's a must to be able to use a hand cannon in IB ... or a sniper. Even shotgun blink attack was failing last night as we adjusted to deal with those muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The Thorn meta is so overplayed now in PvP, so few people even try to use anything else.

Vex and red Death are probably the next most common I've come across (and are also the two weapons I chop and change between along with Thorn). If I can get a Timur's Lash though I'll be using a special or heavy exotic a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Vex is useful for people who struggle to aim, but really its not a great weapon.
    Red Death is only useful for people who can aim, but they'd do much better with one of the three Exotic Hand Cannons.

TLW and Thorn and definitely are OP but it doesn't bother me too much as they don't drop the skill level much. Blink + Shotgun needs to be ****ed out the window though. They messed up by bringing in Felwinters, now there are 4 shotguns even better, ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I use Timur's quite a bit in PvP, it can be very good with the right roll. I've got it with Return to Sender, Luck in the Chamber and either Explosive rounds of Stability buff. Like a mini Hawkmoon. Still trying to roll one with Luck in the Chamber and Final Round....

AdamD wrote: »
    Vex is useful for people who struggle to aim, but really its not a great weapon.
    Red Death is only useful for people who can aim, but they'd do much better with one of the three Exotic Hand Cannons.

TLW and Thorn and definitely are OP but it doesn't bother me too much as they don't drop the skill level much. Blink + Shotgun needs to be ****ed out the window though. They messed up by bringing in Felwinters, now there are 4 shotguns even better, ridiculous stuff.

I can't get Hawkmoon yet :( Apparently a certain roll on Ill Will/Timur's isn't too far off though.

I find Vex pretty good but don't use it very often, usually only if I want to get the 50 headshots bounty done quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Feels like Vex was nerfed yesterday - like the fusion rifle spread has been fixed (it was changed yesterday) and the f'd up AGAIN by letting that fix mess with the Vex too, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

AdamD wrote: »

The Vex not being a great weapon and it is only useful for people who struggle to aim!! What a totally ridiculous statement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its not ridiculous at all, its an easy to use weapon that will be outgunned pretty easily by decent players using hand cannons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement